Covid-19 and when we’ll be back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmablake919

Reaction score
Hello I wonder if anyone can help i have had a few client messaging me when will i be doing nails again a few of them have sent me the traffic light system that the sun posted last week which said salon will reopen around the 12 may !! do you think this will happen or do you think we in to close contact to reopen as it stands. A few clients have pester me in all this and i don,t really have an answer for them. What is everyones thoughts

No one knows and it is impossible to predict.

Any sensible government won't relax the control until it has mass testing in place, so it can accurately monitor the number of new infections in each region. If they see the rate of infections increase, they can then decide to wait and see if this is a trend and if so, reimpose the controls.

In other countries, the governments started by allowing small shops to open and in some cases also hair salons. Although in Germany, small shops opened last week and hair salons open on Monday - with a lot of restrictions. But the rate of infection that was falling before last week, has slowed. If this starts to increase after hair salons and bigger shops open on Monday, they may stop them again.

The UK doesn't have mass testing in place yet and it is unlikely to meet the target of 100,000 tests a day before end of this month. Even that is not enough and only covers essential workers (there are 1.5M NHS alone).

Personally, I can't see the difference between allowing hair salons to open, or nail/beauty salons to open. The risk seems to me the same. All are close contact services over 1 hour or more. All will require masks for both provider and clients, 2m distance between clients, etc. But it seems that hair salons are considered to be more essential by the politicians.

I’m sure I won’t be back open until end of May, in all honesty I work from home and have two kids so really want to make sure we are in a fairly good place before reopening.
Im really keen to get back to work but the last thing I want to do is start picking things up and do have allot of clients who work at the local hospital. It’s difficult isnt it and I know everyone’s circumstances are different. I would like to think I can start again by beginning of June but who knows xxx

I personally wouldn’t believe anything that the sun newspaper comes away with, wait until government announces exactly when salons are allowed to re-open ;) the good thing is all salons will open the same time so even if your clients are pestering you, they can’t go else where :)

I live in Pennsylvania and we are aloud to reopen on friday May 8th! We all have to wear masks and one at a time in salon ! I am going to have all my clients wash their hands and of couse hand sanitizer!

People need to sort themselves out. I’ve had messages wanting me to go round and do their nails in the garden ffs or offers to “sneak” in my house and do their nails in the back room

What part of social distancing do they not understand? I find it annoying and shocking that when the country is in crisis, people are hassling about their sodding nails.

I just reply saying I’ll be in touch when I know when I’m restarting work and to keep safe.

I’m in no hurry to sit 18 inches from people with them breathing into my face.

People need to sort themselves out. I’ve had messages wanting me to go round and do their nails in the garden ffs or offers to “sneak” in my house and do their nails in the back room

What part of social distancing do they not understand? I find it annoying and shocking that when the country is in crisis, people are hassling about their sodding nails.

I just reply saying I’ll be in touch when I know when I’m restarting work and to keep safe.

Unfortunately it just goes to show what folk really think of us.....
A vast number think we’re just there to ‘serve’ them
Don’t ever kid yourself that they have our best interests at heart!
Cynical yes - but after a lifetime in this industry I see it for what it really is.

Unfortunately it just goes to show what folk really think of us.....
A vast number think we’re just there to ‘serve’ them
Don’t ever kid yourself that they have our best interests at heart!
Cynical yes - but after a lifetime in this industry I see it for what it really is.

I have some lovely clients who I know would never ever ask something like that. We all know the ones that would though sadly ... yes you’re right! [emoji24] We must view them just as a way to pay our bills (normally) and not feel too beholden to their demands

Yesterday, a regular client text offering to pay me upfront to be booked in for the first date I open, even though I have no reopening date. It was just a ploy to call over with the money. I explained I won't be accepting any advanced payments, it will be the usual pay on booking, just wait for all the chaos to be over and the restrictions lifted. Then the offer of double money for their treatment.

I have now just set up an auto reply to say I am closed for the foreseeable and to check my website for ay updates on reopening once lockdowns lifted. I feel I am going to lose some clients if I keep answering them as I want to tell them all they're fucking idiots, my customer service skills have vanished atm so best not to respond to any more else.

I have had this also you can sneak in my back door no one will no ! I am like do you realise this is killing people drive me mad we in such close contact with people is not worth it till we no

Latest posts

Back