Covid causing issues on the business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reide

Still in Training
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm part of a huge team in a highend salon with a huge positive reputaion and have noticed we are not as busy as expected. I was wondering if this is the same for you guys? It seems like a lot of our clientell quit colour over the quarentine.

Since March 2020, here in Ireland, salons have only been open about 6 months (our summer/Autumn) as we had to close in March to end of June, then close again at Christmas and probably won’t re-open until May depending on whether the infection rates spike again at Easter.

The long lockdowns have hugely affected many businesses who have had to stay closed for months on end, so it’s going to take a while for many salons to recover, but many will do so in time.

My personal motto is ‘everything changes’ because I know I can’t control everything in my life and sometimes I just have to ride out the tough patches but I know that eventually, I’ll get back on track again.

We've had some people grow their colour out so but equally had people who have standard all over colours for years have started to mix things up.

With the people who are embracing grey and growing their colour out we are still managing to do some sort of colour on their hair by promoting grey blending services or toners so the grow out doesn't look so stark against the mid lengths and ends so even though they aren't getting a proper colour they still have a higher average bill than just a cut and blow dry.

Latest posts

Back