Covid vaccine and clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trini1986

Reaction score
Hi wondering if anyone can help me I have my own salon and I’ve been hearing that if you have had a COVID vaccine you can’t get a colour done till 2 weeks after even if you have skin tested I have a lot of clients getting there’s done in the next few weeks and booked into have there hair coloured a few days after it!
Really panicking about this looked online and can’t see any advice on it.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is it hearsay from other hairdressers?

There has been no official statement from any colour houses I have seen. If you are concerned call your colour house customer service and ask them directly.

Is it hearsay from other hairdressers?

There has been no official statement from any colour houses I have seen. If you are concerned call your colour house customer service and ask them directly.
Thanks for the reply I had read it online that skin tests must be done after vaccine but I have some clients coming for colour the day after vaccine which dosent give me 48 hours to skin test? The 2 week after vaccine was from other hairdressers yes can’t find anything on NHF about it.

I have been seeing the same things from other salons regarding patch testing. I have spoken to my insurance who advised I must go with manufacturers advice. I have called the company today who have no guidelines with covid to re patch test so normal procedures apply. This obviously could change though - like everything else seems to - last minute updated guidelines.

I would comment that many people experience side effects after the vaccine. Personally, I wouldn’t be keen to book someone within 48 hours of their vaccination just in case they were one of the ones that felt poorly.

There are also reports of lots of people catching Covid within a few days of the vaccination because they stopped taking precautions before they’d had a chance to develop immunity. I’m not sure how I feel about this personally. It’s crossed my mind that the newly vaccinated might be high risk people.

BABTAC sent me an email this week about reopening and wrote this

We have been asked by many of our members what the position is on patch tests now. Firstly for Insurance compliance it is always important to patch test in line with manufacturer guidelines and whenever there have been any changes to the medical history:
  • Having A COVID-19 Vaccine is classed as a medical change
  • If you've had COVID-19 this is classed as a medical change
  • The use of home tints could contribute to increased sensitivity to PPD
Please note: After someone has had a vaccine the NHS have advised that they could have side effects for around a week. To ensure that any side effects aren't confused with a patch test reaction we advise that you should allow 2 weeks after someone is vaccinated before patch testing or treating them.

We have been asked by many of our members what the position is on patch tests now. Firstly for Insurance compliance it is always important to patch test in line with manufacturer guidelines and whenever there have been any changes to the medical history:
Please note: After someone has had a vaccine the NHS have advised that they could have side effects for around a week. To ensure that any side effects aren't confused with a patch test reaction we advise that you should allow 2 weeks after someone is vaccinated before patch testing or treating them.
Very useful, thanks for that.

Thank you for sharing this, I did think this would be the case just the guidelines are so

thank you for sending this on it’s very helpful

Thank you for sharing this, I did think this would be the case just the guidelines are so unclear.

thank you for sending this on it’s very helpful

Latest posts

Back