CPD and insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nurse2dermelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking at doing a skin peel course, and one of the training places I emailed said that their course was CPD accredited. My question is - does CPD accreditation automatically mean I will get insurance, or is CPD accreditation different to being insurable when you've done the course? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm from a nursing background not beauty, and my dermaplane course I did stated it was both CPD accredited and insurable. I asked the company if I'd be able to get insurance following the training, and got the CPD response.
The other thing that made me concerned was that they said no qualifications are needed and no pre requirements, just dedication and ambition.
Thanks

My insurance involves attaining 10 CPD points per year to remain a member of their professional body, so I guess you need to see if your insurance will allow it to be added to your treatments covered by them. I hope that makes sense.
Why would you be concerned about no qualifications? it's just the entry level in the peel course I should think.
Get in touch with your insurance provider to clarify things.
Also you should ask if any other geek has done the peel course you want to do and then make your decision.
Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back