CPD certification

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyB

Reaction score
I have always worked in offices but feel a change is required and have been looking into becoming a nail technician. I see many online cheaper courses and have just seen on Facebook New Skills Academy advertising an online course reduced from £299 to just £29 that is CPD certified and IAO Accredited.
I’m just wondering if this is a legitimate qualification as it seems very cheap and I don’t understand how you can be ready to work on customers nails if you’ve not had any hands on training. Apologies if I’m wrong but I’m new to this and only been looking into it all this last week or two. I just don’t want to pay for something that will be useless to me. Any advise would be greatly appreciated :)

You always get what you pay for!
I’d ask them to confirm who accredits the courses then check them out but I can’t imagine you’d gain a recognised qualification without working on actual clients.
Do a search for online nail courses and read some of the horror stories on here before you part with any money.
If you’re serious about changing your career, start as you mean to go on and book with a well known highly reputable brand or VRQ/NVQ type college qualification.

The ones advertised on Facebook or Groupon as being £29 tend to be worthless. I did one a few years back to see if it was something I would be interested in doing. They're basically theory info followed by some questions. No practical - hence why you don't get a real qualification at the end.

As far as I'm aware the only online/at home course that's actually accredited is Essential Nails. All other courses need to be attended in person for at least one day.

Thank you both. You’ve pretty much confirmed what I was thinking.
I see that a lot of people recommend the CND training courses which do look good on their website but nothing seems to be coming up for the Birmingham branch. There doesn’t seem to be many options West Midlands area. I have come across West Midlands Nail Academy and Staffordshire Nail Academy which are probably the closest that I’ve come across so far. Has anyone used either of these companies for training?

Latest posts

Back