Cracked enamel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackie1

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a client return today who's French polish had cracked on the white. It looked like it had shattered like crazy paving. There was no peeling it was still fully adhered to the nail. I've never seen this before and wondered if anyone could advise me. I'm really upset as I've just managed to get the look of my french looking good. It was on all ten fingers.
See below what I used.

scrubfresh
OPI base coat
creme puff
2xnegligee
out the door

Cheers X

I have found this sometimes if the base coat was not really dry - it only seems to happen with some of the really fast drying topcoats.

jackie1 said:
Hi,

I had a client return today who's French polish had cracked on the white. It looked like it had shattered like crazy paving. There was no peeling it was still fully adhered to the nail. I've never seen this before and wondered if anyone could advise me. I'm really upset as I've just managed to get the look of my french looking good. It was on all ten fingers.
See below what I used.

scrubfresh
OPI base coat
creme puff
2xnegligee
out the door

Cheers X
I take it, it was on natural nails................
To many layers of polish can cause the crackle effect.........
I counted 4 layers of polish not inlcuding the base coat.........
This makes a ridgid structure on a flexible one, if this makes sense........
The tips of the nail, bend and move and the enamel doesn't as freely....... hence it will spider crack on the tips...............
Try a less thicker top coat, like speedy and spray with speed spray.........
HTH

Hi,

I've also noticed this problem when I use 'Out the door' on both natural nails and enhancements. It never hapens when I use super shiney though.

Sassy xx

Along the free edge, you have 5 layers of enamel (and the white is usually applied thicker in French applications). The more enamel, the longer it is going to take for all of the solvents to work out of your enamel application... those solvents are what is causing the cracking.
Try either using thinner layers and taking slightly longer during your enamel application or use a slower setting top coat.

Hope this helps ;)

Hi,

Thankyou everyone for the replies! I'll try the Super Shiney and work thinner and slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back