cracking and lifting on natural nails!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doblush

Reaction score
Sorry guys if this has already been answered, but I have searched for the last hour - to no avail.:cry: I have a problem with brisa gel overlays on natural nails.... they crack and lift very quickly:mad:. I cleanse and dehydrate with scrubfresh, liquid bond, and then 3 thin layers, fill in any spots necessary and wipe. Finishing with gloss. Am I doing this right? Please help! This lady has a regular technician who uses Bio Sculpture Gel and has no probs, but has come to me when she is getting her hair done (I have just started my business renting rooms in a hair salon).
Thanks

from a frustrated geek:rolleyes:

Hi hun,
Can I ask if you are using the brisa lamp, as I know from experience that Brisa dosnt cure properlly with other lamps(like the nsi one, or the ibd one):) I tried it and had the same probs that you are having, now I have the correct lamp I have no probs.hths

Thanks for the reply. Yep, its the Brisa lamp. This lady has such lovely nails as they have grown underneath the Bio Sculpture Gel it seems such a shame she had the probs after I applied the Brisa (dont think she will be back:irked:). Could the layers have been too thin?

As the Brisa is a buff off gel and the Bio is a soak off, they will be a bit more rigid, could this be the problem, she is maybe not being careful with them.

Bio gel is very very flexable...almost a rubbery feel to them, changing to another gel especially from a soak off to a buff off takes a little getting used to...if she does come back i would suggest building zone 2 a bit more and make sure the free edge is capped well. HTH x

Thanks guys. She is very meticulous with her nails, so I'm sure she has been careful with them. I have practiced on myself a good bit and I still have the same probs, I wear natural and white tips most of the time (as they are good advertising) and yet.... it still cracks and lifts sooooo quickly. Was thinking of try to purchase the Bio sculpture gel as it seems a good idea for natural with regards the 'soaking off'. But I saw a thread somewhere saying they (BS) wont let you purchase the gel till you have done a course. Ah well... practice makes perfect....eventually.:)

Thanks guys. She is very meticulous with her nails, so I'm sure she has been careful with them. I have practiced on myself a good bit and I still have the same probs, I wear natural and white tips most of the time (as they are good advertising) and yet.... it still cracks and lifts sooooo quickly. Was thinking of try to purchase the Bio sculpture gel as it seems a good idea for natural with regards the 'soaking off'. But I saw a thread somewhere saying they (BS) wont let you purchase the gel till you have done a course. Ah well... practice makes perfect....eventually.:)

Now you must know that with the popularity of Brisa Gels that the problems you are having are not normal!

I never have a single prolem with either lifting or cracking with Brisa it is so strong.

You cannot be building strength into the nails you are making nor does it sound as if your prep is thorough enough.

If you are just painting Brisa on like polish then that is not enough to ensure either strong bonding or strength.

Maybe some 121 with your educator would help as it seems like a few of the fundamental things you are doing or not doing are causing your problems.

Thanks for the reply. I will contact my tutor and get her to work out maybe where I am going wrong. I dont want to use another system as I love using Brisa, it is so hardwearing when used on tips. I just need to achieve the same results with natural nails.
Thanks again.
Debbie

Latest posts

Back