cracking up brittle nail beds, help needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering can anyone advise me as im pretty new at nails,
My Mom has had a breast cancer op and she has had Chemotherapy and she is still on herceptin which is an anti cancer drug ,
she is also mildly diabetic .

The problem she has at the moment is she is suffering with very thin weak sore brittle nails which are hurting her as they are ultra thin and are cracking up the nail bed when she uses them as normal ,

I was wondering if I could gently place an acrylic or gel nail overlay on them ? as she is in a fair bit of pain,
I cant think of what else to do :eek:

Hi Minky

i havent been doing nails long enough to advise you but thought i would say what a lovely person you are to do that for your mum. Though i would say prob wouldnt use gel cos when you cure them she might get heat spike.

Good luck and hope your mums ok

Jane xx

I think its lovely of you to be thinking of this for her ...

I'm sorry I don't have the answer, hopefully someone else may shed a bit of light .

:hug: for you and your mum and I hope she's ok. x

Hi guys thanks to you all, its just that shes asked me to put something over the cracks in the nail beds that will ease the pain ,

I was reading a post by Geeg a short time ago when a lady had broken her nail bed with the enhancement still on in the car door and she was advised to clean the break and glue it together again and put acrylic over it , leave the enhancement on and let the break it grow out keeping it short and just re balance it.

I was thinking if my mom has cracks in her nail beds it might ease the pain , like the lady mentioned above.

Ive no idea if my moms nails are going to come off completely, (due to the herceptin) The nurses say its a side effect .

So I was thinking if it will help stop the pain for a while
why not do it anyway?

But on the other hand , I don't want to make them fall off and make matters worse .
I just want to help her if I can , :confused:
By the way thank you all for your kindness,
and Jane I never even thought about the heat spikes, thanks for saying .

Breast cancer is a real bummer , but my Mom is a real plucky lady ,
shes so happy after having straight straggly thin hair all her life she has now got a thick head of curls and she loves it :)

Latest posts

Back