Cracks in Brisa Lite, advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
Hi I've just started using Brisa lite and I've done one set on myself last week, well today i noticed that aftr I'd filed the gelish off there was a very small crack in the thumb extension, starting at the free edge of my natural nail, there is also one on the little finger too.

But the crack doesn't seam to go all the way through the enhancement, underside to top. It appears to be running along the underside of the extension.

Why is this, is it cos i might be making the side walls too thin?? I dunno

I am doing a course with Jenni Smith on the 7th nov but i just wondered about this because it also happened the day after i'd done them last week on one nail, so i removed and re-applied.

Can i do anything to make sure it doesn't get any worse or will i have to soak off and re-apply?

Thank you x

Attachments

• IMAG0601[1].jpg
    IMAG0601[1].jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 208
Anybody out there :(

Which Brisa Lite? It's really not clear what you are talking about.

Well I would stop doing anything until your class.

Some gels shrink when cured and put pressure on the overlay. Maybe Gelish doesn't make a good sandwich with Brisa lite .. Maybe your Brisa lite is too thin .. It is a sculpting gel and the thickness should reflect that, where as Brisa lite smoothing gel is more flexible. Maybe having to file off the coloured gel caused the crack by filing.

Learn about your products first and then you may be able to figure out what has caused a problem that shouldn't happen. It doesn't happen when Shellac is applied over Brisa Lite sculpting gel.

Well I would stop doing anything until your class.

Some gels shrink when cured and put pressure on the overlay. Maybe Gelish doesn't make a good sandwich with Brisa lite .. Maybe your Brisa lite is too thin .. It is a sculpting gel and the thickness should reflect that, where as Brisa lite smoothing gel is more flexible. Maybe having to file off the coloured gel caused the crack by filing.

Learn about your products first and then you may be able to figure out what has caused a problem that shouldn't happen. It doesn't happen when Shellac is applied over Brisa Lite sculpting gel.

Right ok then, thankyou for your input. I was very excited when i got the S2 parcel with the Brisa lite in, i just couldn't wait, had to try it on :) only 3 weeks to go.

Right ok then, thankyou for your input. I was very excited when i got the S2 parcel with the Brisa lite in, i just couldn't wait, had to try it on :) only 3 weeks to go.

Love your enthusiasm but no good comes of using any product without the full knowledge behind it and its differences.

Love your enthusiasm but no good comes of using any product without the full knowledge behind it and its differences.

I know :o
Dispite the problem i've been getting it's bloody good stuff though.

Latest posts

Back