Crazy Angel spray tan drying problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurzieboo

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have recently purchased crazy angel tan from my local wholesaler and me n my friend have been trying it out on each other before using it on paying clients.
The only problem were having is with drying it,it all goes on fine and the guide colour washes off to a lovely colour but drying it is a nightmare,it looks really wet n sticky :( I'm just wondering if we could be doin something wrong?or if anyone else has problems with it?

I've just changed to brown bitz from nouvatan, Nouvatan solution is dry almost straight away but im finding brown bitz is a bit tacky so I just detatch hose from gun & dry client all over for a couple of minutes. maybe you could do the same. x

I've just changed to brown bitz from nouvatan, Nouvatan solution is dry almost straight away but im finding brown bitz is a bit tacky so I just detatch hose from gun & dry client all over for a couple of minutes. maybe you could do the same. x

Lush lash, how come you switched? Xx

How many ml are you using per tan?

It could be your using too much solution and therfore it is staying sticky and not drying nicely.

Hi thank you for replies,I do detach the hose for drying the finished tan,but am still finding the same problems,also am only filling the solution cup up half way,if I fill it to the top I find it drips and or froths around the top!
I've emailed and sent a twitter message to crazy angel but havent had any replies back yet :( I'm starting to lose all confidence with crazy angel now,and just want to get it sorted.xx

Hi thank you for replies,I do detach the hose for drying the finished tan,but am still finding the same problems,also am only filling the solution cup up half way,if I fill it to the top I find it drips and or froths around the top!
I've emailed and sent a twitter message to crazy angel but havent had any replies back yet :( I'm starting to lose all confidence with crazy angel now,and just want to get it sorted.xx

Hi, Its common to have drips when you fill the cup up too much, mine does it if I fill up too much so i just fill it up to about 100 ml ish now, have you tried turning your dial down & reducing amount of tan you use a little?

I used to use about 50ml, since changing to brown bits I'm trying to only use about 35-40 ml per tan to reduce the stickiness aswell as using my hose to dry it seems a bit better like that x

Hi thanks for reply lush-lash I've not tried turning the dial down,so will do that :) when u say dial do u mean the little one that controls how much pressure u hold down on the spray gun?
Also I'm wondering if maybe the % could be too high for my skin? I tan really well on my arms but hardly never on my legs(from the sun) so I used 13% all over.do u think this could be too much dha on my skin?xx

Hi our main solution is OMG but we do have a low percentage of crazy angle and have found the same thing. It looks very wet and sticky and the clients don't really like it but OMG dnt go light enough. Xx

Thanks again for reply,like I said before I'm so glad I've not used it on paying clients,as they wouldn't Like it either!looks like ill be sticking to fake bake n sienna x.I love both of these tans but wanted something slightly cheaper but a good name brand.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I'll ask again: How many mls are you using per tan?

I use crazy angel and it seems to dry quick. I use about 100ml per client. I've used 6% and 9% and both dried quick. Maybe your using to much solution x

100ml per client is too much.

As a new tanner you should be aiming for 50ml per tan then working your way down to 40ml once you get more confident with your routine and learn how to set your gun to it's best for the solution your using.

If you lower your gun settings so your spraying less solution and cut your usage down to 50ml per tan, you will manage to double the amount of tans you get from a litre increasing your profit by double, then when you work your way down further to 40mls per tan you will get a few more tans per litre and increase your profits even further.

I'm with Baggybear on this one. It sounds like you're using too much solution per tan. When I've trained people in tanning, crazy angel and other brands (I'm not brand specific for training - I advise people to get testers and see which one works for them) to demonstrate how a tan can go wrong I turn the dial out to give them a 'wet' look.

Test how much you're using and how fine the spray is on bedroll before you start on the client, you'll get a good idea of whether you're spray is going to be fine enough.

Latest posts

Back