Crazy Color help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitkat2020

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm fully qualified but have trouble with my hair!
I was 6.1 then bleached to do a crazy color Capri blue which was fantastic and held it's shade.
Got bored, bleached my hair and used Crazy color Fire, it will not stay in my hair, I know reds are bad for this anyway, but my hair is patchy all over no matter what I do, I have the Rusk red, contrast reds, crazy color fire also crazy color red pigment.
Constant conditioning treatments and regular trims.
I'm bored again of not getting the result I want so thinking of 7.44 full head for a while?
Anyone think I might get a decent result?!
Thanks

Hi everyone!

I'm fully qualified but have trouble with my hair!
I was 6.1 then bleached to do a crazy color Capri blue which was fantastic and held it's shade.
Got bored, bleached my hair and used Crazy color Fire, it will not stay in my hair, I know reds are bad for this anyway, but my hair is patchy all over no matter what I do, I have the Rusk red, contrast reds, crazy color fire also crazy color red pigment.
Constant conditioning treatments and regular trims.
I'm bored again of not getting the result I want so thinking of 7.44 full head for a while?
Anyone think I might get a decent result?!
Thanks
I think what might have happened is after bleaching over the blue you were left with slightly porous hair which more than likely had a green hue to it - that's what crazy colour is renowned for. Applying red over that won't last long, and the patches may well be a result of poor porosity. If you were to colour it with colour touch, the 77/45 is amazing!
I would probably use 1.9% to do this, even though with some of the vibrant reds it's recommended to use 4%. I don't think using 4% will help cover the patches that well. You may want to maintain the colour with pigmented shampoos and masks, or if you're committed to this colour use a semi permanent over the top.

That is exactly what I did, over bleached it, the blue went green and the red just keeps coming out, your spot on!
The 77/45 is an amazing colour and never though about that.
I was just thinking about using up what I had at home which is 7/44 but wasn't sure of the result.
I do like your idea of the colour touch recommendation and the peroxide strength too.
Thank you!

I've had various shades of reds. If u want it to really pop, maji contrast rouge is very bright and holds on the previous blonde well. No patches.

I've had various shades of reds. If u want it to really pop, maji contrast rouge is very bright and holds on the previous blonde well. No patches.
Thank you for that, I got impatient and mixed 7/44 xp100 with Rusk red and ended up a nice darker copper. Was just after using up all the red I'd previously bought but will bear your comment in mind. Thanks for the reply

Latest posts

Back