Crazy color versus Directions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faefae

Reaction score
Which is your preference and why? Or do you prefer another true semi? I've always used crazy color so would love to know your opinions of other brands x

My preference is directions out of the two.IMO directions lasts longer and they are a lot brighter than the crazys.Also the longer you leave them on the better before washing off.x

My preference is directions out of the two.IMO directions lasts longer and they are a lot brighter than the crazys.Also the longer you leave them on the better before washing off.x

Thank you for replying; it was suggested on another thread to apply crazy color on dry hair, would you also think it would be better for directions?x

Your welcome.Yes i always on dry hair with both otherwise you will be diluting the colour if it's wet/damp.

Try to leave it on for as long as you can to.I leave mine on my hair for about 5 hours or longer if I can but obviously if your working on somebody elses hair in salon then obviously that isn't practical lol. XX

Last edited:
Some products advise use on damp hair for specific reasons. Fudge paintbox when used on large areas is damp hair although I admit when foiling with it I would use
On dry for ease of section control. But as a rule, towel dry but damp hair

Directions, colours are more predictable and crazy colour fades really quick since they changed the formula.

Stargazer is my favorite :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I just fined it works better on dry hair x

Though it has a more limited selection of shades, for the colours it does have, I love Joico Color Intensity.

Hiya,
I used crazy colour for the first time on my client (picture 1) 'flame' and im trying to get the colour in picture 2 (which is quite similar) for another client on pre lightened hair.
Do you think I'd be better off using directions or sticking with crazy colour as I've since heard bad things about crazy colour :-S x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372265732.114718.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372265732.114718.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 3,169
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372265756.236638.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372265756.236638.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 429
To get the second colour I would use the loreal true semi used to be called symibo(is called something else now) in shade 6,60

To get the second colour I would use the loreal true semi used to be called symibo(is called something else now) in shade 6,60

Thanks I haven't heard of this is it a pot of colour or a tube with releaser? X

At work we use 'special effects' colours as these last the best. I personally had pink on my hair and it lasted really well. We always apply on either dry hair or if prelighting hair first we blast the hair until 90% dry then apply the semi.
Special effects also sell certain colours which are UV. I found this fantastic for nights out!

Im thinking of trying directions can someone pm me with the best supplier pretty please

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

The new Symbio is called Chromative now and 6,60 is great! It's called cherry red x

Thanks totally slipped my mine and its lovely and last long too most semis go on wet but I tend to put on dry for vibrancy and longevity

Thanks girls im going to look at the warehouse today fingers crossed they'll stock it x

Also had a look at special effects, never heard of it before, there are some really bright ones!!

Latest posts

Back