Crazy Colour consistency change?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarmelLucia

Reaction score
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster here :D I'm just wondering have any of you notice a change in the consistency of Crazy Colour? Not sure if it's changed or I just picked up a bad batch!

Last week I had a girl in for a complete colour change, from her own natural base of a 6 with permanent tint on about the last 4inches of her shoulder length, slightly thick hair. She wanted to go a bright pink, ie cleanse and bleach up job. I did a strand test to see how well it would lift. Hair lifted v pale yellow on her natural colour(with 6%) and to a yellowy orange on the tinted ends (with 9%). Did a bit of experimenting with Wella 10/0 + /66 mixtone on the strand but as i'm not 100% confident yet with this I decided to go for crazy colour instead.

On the day the bleach up went fine, lifted a little lighter than expected on the ends so all was going well, then over to the basin to put in the pink. I'd bought 3 bottles of Pinkissimo, plus half of a bottle I had a home. was only expecting to use 1 for the couple of wefts she'd brought in, and 2 for her own head. 1st thing I noticed when colouring the wefts was how much more runny/creamy the crazy colour was to how I remembered it being, plus it wasnt spreading very well, basically a big blob was only intensley colouring about 2 square inches of the hair, so basically ****e colour payoff used almost the whole bottle on 1 weft! Then I used my own half bottle I'd brought in and the texture was more like the thick gel I remember, like you have to bang the bottle a few times to get it to dislodge from the bottom, spreads very well, good colour payoff and got the whole 2nd weft covered.

I was slightly panicking at this stage as I felt I wouldnt have enough in the 2 bottles I'd allocated for her own hair and I was right. Had to get my bf to run to the salon shop and pick me up 3 more bottles, 5 frickin bottles of crazy colour for 1 full head applicaton, and upon blowdrying i still felt it looked a little wishywashy in parts despite taking small sections and loading on the colour. The girl was over the moon with her new colour, even gave me a 20euro tip as we'd used so much clour even though i'd admitted to her the colour payoff is usually much better! But i was worried about how many bottles she'd have to go thru herself when topping it up at home:Scared:

Now I have been a fan of crazy colour for the best part of 7 years, between using almost all their colors in my own hair. I easily got about 2 goes out of 1 bottle when my own hair was pink as the texture was more gelly like and spread really well! Anyone else noticed this change, as I am a bit baffled :| Any input appreciated!

Waaah i noticed this aswell! I used fire red over a 7/43 ct on my friend, noticed it was darker and i didnt have any problems with coverage and didnt use that much out of the bottle either, so thought it was ok. I havent seen her since to ask about longevity cos the old fire red used to stain for ages... seems like they may have reformulated the colours, hopefully not changed any of the pigments though cos fire red was my go to for longest lasting red semi, for the rest i usually use directions.

Yes mine are more of a liquid now although I prefer it. I now put it on my hands and apply like a shampoo, comb it and rub it in again like a shampoo then let it sit for 5 for a global application xoxo

@faerififi I love the colour fire! I wouldn't be too panickey about refreshing colour with the crazy colour as it's just to freshen and tone, but Tomme I tried emulsifyng it on a small section of the weft and on the girls hair and it really was too wishy washy, more like pastel kinda candyfloss colour, not the bright intense shade i was looking for! Left the whole lot in for 20mins anyway to make sure it was well stuck in. Cyclamen was my shade of choice but pinkissmo was all that was in stock, and it's really not a huge difference in the two shades but really wasn't expecting to use so much! May need to source another stockist for bright colours! We dont get too many clients in looking for these colours, so as I said not too fussed if it's for refreshing, would mostly use ct relights for reds, but for 1st time colour after prelightening, I'mma be a bit more wary! Thanks for the replies anyhoo! xx

Latest posts

Back