Crazy Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelma tomlin

Reaction score
Hi, need some advice on crazy colour, one of my clients wants some purple strands put into her hair, I know it has to be lightened first, can anyone tell me the best colour to use and how long it is likely to last, obviously i know it depends on her hair and how often she shampoo's it.
Any suggestions gratefully recieved! Thankyou.:)

Hi, need some advice on crazy colour, one of my clients wants some purple strands put into her hair, I know it has to be lightened first, can anyone tell me the best colour to use and how long it is likely to last, obviously i know it depends on her hair and how often she shampoo's it.
Any suggestions gratefully recieved! Thankyou.:)
u can use fudge crazy colours but it will wash out with in 2 weeks the best thing u can do is to let the client buy the colour off u after use but i would expline that it will wash out if she doesnt buy the colour off u

Thanks for that, might be better if i used clip in ones!:)

Semi-Permanents would probably be your best option.
Atleast then, if she gets bored, it will fade out eventually to blonde(after many shampoos:green:)

Affinage also do Semi's - We used them when training at college
and the Semis are quite nice :)
AFFINAGE UK
They also do smaller retail tubes as well, incase she wants to pay for the initial colour treatment- Then she can buy the retail tube for upkeep at home :)

I've had all sorts of colours in my hair,
and the less you shampoo, the better.
ColourLock shampoo&conditioner is always good, and I often did a final rinse with cold water, just to close the cuticle :)

I am loving Elumen by Goldwell at the moment. You still have to pre-lighten but it lasts around 6 weeks and even then it doesn't fade too much.

If it's only a slice though, I would just do it in extensions. No fade, no worries! :)

Most crazy colours are the same, directions are good but they all only last couple of weeks you will have to explain that to her, have u ever thought of doing coloured extensions, they won't fade at all and when she's bored just take them out, or do a different colour! X

Thanks for all your replys guys, all very helpfull comments.:)

I am loving Elumen by Goldwell at the moment. You still have to pre-lighten but it lasts around 6 weeks and even then it doesn't fade too much.

If it's only a slice though, I would just do it in extensions. No fade, no worries! :)

I love elumen too!! its excellent. refuses to budge for a long time lol. those crazy colours do get everywhere, had them run on me a few times. luckily it was on myself lol!!

I've been experimenting with these colours for quite a few years on all different clients with all different colours personally if you pick a deeperor darker shade of violet the longer it will last...I can reccommend a make called Manic Panic ....its an american range...I tried out the vampire red on client the other day (blood red) and it was beautiful also these colours come in a classic version and a version called "Amplified" which lasts up to 40% longer than the classic version (which lasts up to 10 washes)...also the classic version comes in something 47 different colours and some of these are UV reactive aswell...(fantastic!) to reccommend a purple I've used also on myself would be "plum" in the directions range aswell...look on ebay as you can get some good wholesale deals on these products with free postage and such...

hope this helps!
x

Latest posts

Back