Crazy colours/Ion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
So do us a professionals class crazy colours and the ion one as a professional colour to use? I do tend to use them on some of my clients as i feel this is what is better for their hair. Have used a few of the reds recently (im
Mobile) be nice to see what others think x

Are you worried that it isn't a professional brand?

No im not worried they arnt professional colours, but i want to see what everyone else thinks.

Iv really gone off them and looking for better colour or mixing one up. I used to love them but now I'm finding they either wash out too quickly, stain the hair or when it fades goes a completely different colour ( eg purple goes mint green ) I'm in a home salon and just like most mobile I don't stock every colour so when it goes wrong its a nightmare. I still like the reds, seem to be the only good ones left x

Sent from my Archos 97 Cobalt using SalonGeek mobile app

And yes its only the reds i use mainly on friends. But they are kinder to the hair and get a lovely red. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403551178.975121.jpg

The ion crimson one. That was first time using it and its lasted ages and looks lovely x

I use crazy colour all the time for reds & purples & I always keep a bottle of pink in the shop too, there are other brands out there but I just use the crazys because I know what result I'll get, schwarpskopf do a range of colour glosses too I used to use ruby craze & a brown one (can't remember the nsme) I'm going to try the new osmo ones soon as I can get them x

I'm very wary of using them. My main reason is that a lot of alternative shops carry them in stock and I personally wouldn't want to use a colour on a client that they are able to buy themselves on the high street.

In saying that i have nothing against the colours themselves and the results do look good, just feel that as a professional I wouldn't want to use non professional products.

I'm very wary of using them. My main reason is that a lot of alternative shops carry them in stock and I personally wouldn't want to use a colour on a client that they are able to buy themselves on the high street.

In saying that i have nothing against the colours themselves and the results do look good, just feel that as a professional I wouldn't want to use non professional products.

Yes this is exactly what i mean! But you do get a good result tho aswell x

Yes this is exactly what i mean! But you do get a good result tho aswell x

I should say that I am lucky as well as the brand I work with does have a range of direct colours for intense results and also doesn't sell to the public, so this is an easy one for me ;)

I should say that I am lucky as well as the brand I work with does have a range of direct colours for intense results and also doesn't sell to the public, so this is an easy one for me ;)

See i dont rate loreals purples and reds. This is where i struggle when someone wants a vibrant red or purple. I should branch out and try other brands, but after using loreal for 12 years it scares me ha x

A quick question for people who do use crazy colours.

How do you differentiate between a crazy colour bought on the high street and a box colour bought on the high street?

I understand the chemical variations regarding damage of course but it seems that there is a lot of principle involved with these decisions (See adamlea87 post on using box colours in salon). I should say as well that I am in no way judging and honestly sit on the fence myself as i have said in my responses. I just find it very interesting.

Kev

We have crazy colours in our salon.

A quick question for people who do use crazy colours.

How do you differentiate between a crazy colour bought on the high street and a box colour bought on the high street?

I understand the chemical variations regarding damage of course but it seems that there is a lot of principle involved with these decisions (See adamlea87 post on using box colours in salon). I should say as well that I am in no way judging and honestly sit on the fence myself as i have said in my responses. I just find it very interesting.

Kev

I buy my crazy colours from the wholesalers where I buy my actual stock from. If there was another type of product available around the same price with the same result I'd use it, but there's not in my warehouse so I stick with it, I'm looking to try elumen soon it seems like a good alternative and longer lasting, I don't really think of crazy colour as being a "box colour" as I don't really see it in shops in my area not to say people couldn't source it but I have to get it at the warehouse where I live

Latest posts

Back