Crazy day for Crazybek!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazybek

Reaction score
Wow what a crazy day!!xx

My boss is away working so its me and the 2 other stylists in and its manic after my week off last week!

Sooo the day starts with a lovely new client in who had a complete restyle,which was great fun but meant i ran over by 15 minutes.My next client whos been to me once before came in for her 10 am appointment and abruptly sat herself in the waiting area.One of the other stylists explained that i was about 10 ish minutes behind and asked if she would like a tea or coffee and was met with a very curt "no" so came to let me know she was in.
At ten past the hour just as i was taking gown off of my first client she stood up stomped her way to reception desk and stated to the stylist "was my appointment at 11am" to which i excused my lady in my chair and went over to the client at the desk.
I said yes her appointment was at 10am but explained i was running behind and was just going to get her gowned up and sat in my chair.
Her reply was "im not waiting any longer today"I politely asked if she would like to rebook for another time to which she replied "ni il go elsewhere now"
My response was that i was very sorry to keep her 10 minutes and good bye!!!1

An hour later someone in a rage walked past the salon and put his hand through the glass in our bay window!!!

All this happened whilst my bosses step mum was in having her hair done which isnt ideal!!!
Luckily for me (i run the salon whilst my boss works away)she laughed with me at the ironicness of the situation and stayed for an hour after her appointment to ring around glaziers and sort it out for me so i could carry on with my now even later running of my column!!!

Never a bloody dull moment for me :D:D

Chroist laydee!
Why did the bloke put his hand through your window?
Was it the husband of the lady who you kept 10 mins late? was he peeved because his wife now looked like a sack of spanners because she went elsewhere? :lick:
Ring the wine bell babe
xxx

Lmao Jojo!!
No it wasnt the clients husband!!All i can really say is he is a patient at a not too far from us unit if that makes sense!
Sad really and almost wanted to go out with a towel to wrap round his hand and arm but he was being restrained by many others so didnt want to get caught up in it anymore!!!!

The client that looks like a bag of spanners due to mt inconsiderate and obviously deliberate 15 minutes behind column will have the in kept hair to match the very annoyed face!!

I did feel bad but did try to explain that im not going to rush a hair cut and sometimes it does happen.
If the gp is running late do you bark at the receptionist and tell them your going elsewhere?No you dont because you know that they dont want to be running late no more than us haidressers want to be running late.

Running late for me makes me feel like im inconveniencing clients.It also means no 10 minute catch up coffee break,no 10 minutes to return the many calls i had to return today and getting home an hour later than normal because i had a window to board up,which in turn meant i missed going to fat club tonight AGAIN!I didnt get anything to eat,not even time to shove something in like a crazed loony(my normal eating habits at work!)

And she had the balls to be annoyed at me!!!!:suprised:

Ive worked 12 hours today :eek: I had 5 mins to neck a bowl of tepid soup whilst my client was shampooed and I dont think I actually went to the loo at all today ( too much info I know)
My running late is prettu much a given these days but my clients seem to let me off. They know I rush for no man, woman or narky mare :lick: and they know I wont rush them either. I just pay for it by eating crap food in 30 seconds!
A client of one of my girls got arsey today beause her appt was rescheduled due to my stylist being ill. She said if it happened again she was going elsewhere. Thing is, this stylist has had 4 sick days in THREE YEARS!
Point is, no matter what you do you cant please everyone.
At least you have a lovely new client to replace the narky ballache one you lost :D
xxx

People can be so odd!!
your average working day sounds exactly like mine!!
We were in at 8am this morning and left at 7pm tonight.
Same yesterday and tomorrow is 8am till 8.30-9pm!!!
Never going to complain as business is great and i love love love the adrenaline and buzz i get when im running up my own arse!1
Id like to say that im a size zero due to not getting any calories throughout the day but unfortuneatly i more than make up for it in the evenings!!!!!

Ive had clients get really stroppy with me before if im running behind or if someones off so ive had to ring and reschedule them,but its how it is.

I had a client in her 70s having a blo dry with me one day and she was implying my 20 minutes lateness was inconvenient (she does absolutly zilch ever!!)and how she was tired and her blood pressure was prob through the roof with the wait,so i politely explained i was running late as my beautiful client before her had just sat in my chair whilst i cut her hair from below shoulder to a pixie crop as shed just started chemo for possible terminal cancer and she was only 48.I apoligised again for the wait and said at least your still alive.You may be older with creaks and aches and slightly raised blood pressure but hey,your here and thats what matters isnt it.

She couldnt apoligise enough for complaining about me running behind!!

Sometimes people should be reminded we are all lucky to be here so whats 20 minutes out of a day of 24 hours eh :D

I had a similar experience in my salon last week.

One of my stylist's was running 10 minutes late, due to client needing a longer then expected consultation, and the next client was a new one, for a blow dry, I had booked her in that morning and she had said she wanted a later appointment and it was very inconvenient that we never had one, then she turns up 15 minutes early and in a rush!

Well, our policy is if you are running more than 10 mins late you let the client know and apologise, which we did, she said ok I will go do a few things and come back...well she never did...we were not surprised...There are many salons local to me that keep people waiting up to an hour and never say sorry, my stylist's do not run behind very often and lets be honest 10 minutes is not long...I can do with out rude and inconsiderate people like that in my salon.

I also had a regular client in yesterday who's daughter is getting married in 5 weeks, as she left she said 'Alex, do not be ill for my next appointment ', well I am very rarely ill, but I think she has probably jinks me!

I think clients sometimes forget we are only human...

x

Totally with you pp!!
Our salon policy is you explain your running behind if its 10 mins and apoligise and to be fair 90% of the time clients are fine,but you do get the odd one or 2 that think we are robots!

When i was pregnant with my middle baby i was sick every day and for most of the day!I had a bridal party booked in and dragged myself in to do it as i didnt want to let them down.On the same day one of our other stylists went sick and also had a bride and bridesmaid booked in so i busted a gut and did both bridal parties.The pressure was horrendous and god was i sick.I did explain to both parties the situation and said if i had to leave for the toilet every now and then please excuse me but i WILL get your hair done for your big day.
They were all really great about it but a week later the mother of one of the brides rang my boss to say she was a bit put out by my having 2 bridal parties as it was HER daughters special day!!!!
She got told politely but firmly by my boss that shes lucky i managed to get them all done and subsequently ended up in hospital that night due to severe dehydration and exhaustion!
Some people can be so so hideous and i take the view now afetr so many years in this industry that you cant please everyone all of the time and some people will always be moaners!!

I don't mind my stylist running a bit late, but I would like to be informed. I went to a new salon as a new client a few years ago and arrived 2 mins early for my appointment. I checked in at reception and they asked me to take a seat in the waiting area. No smile, no eye contact, no nothing. I waited 25 minutes. No one approached me to say they were running late, or offer me a drink, I was just sitting there like a tool. At the 25 minute mark I promptly got up, gave the receptionist a filthy look and stormed out without a word. I was livid! I pass that salon at least 3 times a week and pray to God they go bust. If that's how they treat new clients they don't deserve to be in business. :(

Hi mobile manicure.
I totally agree you should have been told by reception that the stylist was running behind.
The front of house is the very first most important part of going to a salon,especially if you are a new client.
This initial contact will make or break the situation for any new and regular clients.

The poor stylist that was running behind probably wasnt aware that you hadnt been told they were running behind,this has happened to me before now.I get to the client later than the appoi9ntment time and then get some curt stroppy words from someone!
A stylist will never deliberatley run behind,hey none of us want to let our clients down,but in the same respect i will not rush a hair service under any circumstances.If i rush it will look unprofessional and the client may not get the best i could offer,which means not only will i lose a potential regular client,but my reputation will be at risk.

Maybe you should go back to that salon one day MM,you could find a really good stylist that you really like and is very good at their job,to which you could maybe explain what happened the last time you were there.
You will probably find he/she would be mortified.
x

Hi mobile manicure.
I totally agree you should have been told by reception that the stylist was running behind.
The front of house is the very first most important part of going to a salon,especially if you are a new client.
This initial contact will make or break the situation for any new and regular clients.

The poor stylist that was running behind probably wasnt aware that you hadnt been told they were running behind,this has happened to me before now.I get to the client later than the appoi9ntment time and then get some curt stroppy words from someone!
A stylist will never deliberatley run behind,hey none of us want to let our clients down,but in the same respect i will not rush a hair service under any circumstances.If i rush it will look unprofessional and the client may not get the best i could offer,which means not only will i lose a potential regular client,but my reputation will be at risk.

Maybe you should go back to that salon one day MM,you could find a really good stylist that you really like and is very good at their job,to which you could maybe explain what happened the last time you were there.
You will probably find he/she would be mortified.
x

I doubt it. When I entered the stylists were all within earshot, all three of them (very small salon). I felt very unwelcome from the minute I walked in. The clients being treated were having a right old banter with the stylists, having a jolly old time together. It was quite obvious they were regulars and I was an outsider. It felt rather intimidating.

This is the only bad experience (customer service wise) I have ever had in a salon so it's just that particular salon I hate. Every other salon I've been to has treated me with respect and I don't mind if they're running a bit behind, I usually expect it, as long as they apologise and offer me a cuppa while I'm waiting, I'm happy.

O god thats awful MM.

In that case i salute you with your mantra everytime you walk past and remember,Karma is alive and kicking!!!:D

Latest posts

Back