Crazy, I know but

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
I've just got the keys to a new house signed the agreement etc this evening, move tomorrow morning.

Me & hubby viewed the place a week ago, thought it was strange that the house had been advertised for a full week in the paper & had only 5 viewings, Anyway it was fairly nice (ish) new kitchen, bathroom etc.. Just needs decorating which I prefer to do myself anyway so it's up to my taste.

I asked the usual. So who lived here, why did they move etc.. landlady said a woman with 4 kids lived there & moved when her 6 month tenancy was up. before that it was empty for 6 months, thats when my landlady bought it.. 'apparently' the old lady before my landlady bought it got took into a care home.

Nothing odd about that I thought.

The same evening we viewed, the landlady phoned to say we'd got the house, (that quick!) I thought she seemed a bit desperate to be honest?!

Anyway I've had a weird feeling all week about this house don't ask why call it intuition, my husband has been dead set on moving since before Xmas so all my current property is packed up & he's all excited ready to move in.

Picked keys up tonight, as we were locking up the neighbour came out, chatted for a few minutes & he told us the lady before wasn't taken into a care home she died in the house & so did her husband, & that the woman wasn't found for quite a while...with out going into too much detail you get what I mean.

I did a google search on the address & it did bring up info about it. (thought I'd check it out to make sure it was true)

Also the neighbour said that my landlady has had the house a while now & she's always letting it out. (really makes me wonder why she's lied about how long she's owned it! & more to the point why the hell won't the tenants stay, haunted me thinks lol) tried phoning the landlady & she hasn't answered. I actually don't know what I'd say if she did answer to be honest! I'd sound a flaming loon wouldn't I asking if she knows of any ghosts lurking?? haha

I do feel really stupid for writing this as im a fully grown married woman! but im a bit scared & feel uneasy about moving in now :sad:

what would you do geeks? Honestly would it put you off, am I being daft?

Please take into account, I won't ever watch a scary film & I refuse to be home alone, I'm currently sat typing this with my quilt pulled up over my head & I'm not even in the new house yet :eek: dear me.

hubby finds this hilarious & is taking the mick big time, keeps walking round singing the ghostbusters song at me :( LOL x

Aaw I'd be worried too! It all sounds a bit suspicious.. Maybe you could ask your new neighbour about the couple that died there... If there were a nice old couple I don't see why they would haunt you..
My sister moved into a cottage a few years ago and knew of a lady that died there previously.. She said when she moved in she walked around the house and asked the lady politely not to haunt her and that she would take care of her little cottage for her.. So far no hauntings lol xxx

Aaw I'd be worried too! It all sounds a bit suspicious.. Maybe you could ask your new neighbour about the couple that died there... If there were a nice old couple I don't see why they would haunt you..
My sister moved into a cottage a few years ago and knew of a lady that died there previously.. She said when she moved in she walked around the house and asked the lady politely not to haunt her and that she would take care of her little cottage for her.. So far no hauntings lol xxx

Thanks for your reply, my hubby isnt phased by it! he works 14 hours a day so I'll be home alone most days, I know I need to man up but I'd find it hard to settle in, I'm a nervous person as it is, so think I'll be tipped over the edge with this.

might have to have a long hard sleep on it, hopefully the removal mans van breaks down on his way tomorrow lol xx

Aww honey poor you. Love neighbours like that really helpful lol. Dont worry honey, id contact your landlady again and find out more info if you want but i really wouldnt get too caught up in it. People die in their homes all the time doesnt mean they'll haunt it lovey so try not to worry. Tenants move on for all manner of reasons, just ask my sister in law- i kid you not 4 houses in 2 years!!

I currently live in a basement flat in an old converted chapel dating back to the 1800's- yep in the crypt lmao! More recently a guy was murdered in the flat upstairs and not discovered for a few days eeeep! I do believe in spirits and when im particularly stressed i sometimes glimpse a little girl running in my hallway, only a quick flash mind. It does scare me but i refuse to acknowledge her, and i certainly dont want to know anything about her! Ha im probably not helping here, i just mean if and its a whopping if you are aware of someone just ignore it lovey.

I do believe you get a feel for a place when you view it, im more than comfortable living here and im home alone a lot with my little guy as hubby works far and away. If you felt happy and comfortable when you viewed it go with that my lovely.

To go back to my living in the 'crypt' bit yes there were funerals here, but there were also christenings and marriages- so happy times- just as im sure your dear old little couple had too.

Dont sweat it honey just enjoy your new home :) x x x

Hopefully there where nice people ,the shop I use to work in definitely had a gost that would go between the shop and the house nx door ,the guy nt door mentioned her one time and we had never told him ,so she use to put on the kettle and she would knock things down like the biscuit tin and one time she throw a cream egg at me lol but u know a was never scared of her I think she was friendly and just missed tea and biscuits :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I wouldn't worry too much but there are methods of cleansing a house of energy or negativity that you could try yourself if you do feel uneasy when in there. If you feel it needs doing once you are settled feel free to pm me for some tips x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I wouldn't worry too much but there are methods of cleansing a house of energy or negativity that you could try yourself if you do feel uneasy when in there. If you feel it needs doing once you are settled feel free to pm me for some tips x

Hi I would be interested in this as my little girl (2 an a 1/2 year old) has started to tell me that there's someone in the house downstairs, an she gets very upset an scared when she thinks they are there, also in my bedroom she 'talks' to somebody called 'John' alot but always seems happy and playing with him she only speaks to him in my bedroom but this may be an imaginary friend, sorry to the OP for jumping on this thread lol :)

aw thats awful, so sorry that this has happened. Now I know its not nice to scare-monger, and I really dont want you to think its what I'm doing, but if I were you I wouldn't move in, I'd look for something else. Not because there might be ghosts or whatever, but because I think you have to be completely happy with where you live. Your house is your haven where you escape from the world, and if you are unhappy or scared there it will soon get you down, espcially if you are of a nervous disposition. Look on the bright side its rented not bought so its much easier to back out of the agreement and find something you are happy with.

Whilst I don't really condone lying , if the landlady was to tell the truth on house viewings "oh btw someone died in this house and wasn't found for along time" she would probably have a hard time finding a tenant.

If you like the house then take it , never be afraid of the dead - the living are far more scary and dangerous x

I've just got the keys to a new house signed the agreement etc this evening, move tomorrow morning.

Me & hubby viewed the place a week ago, thought it was strange that the house had been advertised for a full week in the paper & had only 5 viewings, Anyway it was fairly nice (ish) new kitchen, bathroom etc.. Just needs decorating which I prefer to do myself anyway so it's up to my taste.

I asked the usual. So who lived here, why did they move etc.. landlady said a woman with 4 kids lived there & moved when her 6 month tenancy was up. before that it was empty for 6 months, thats when my landlady bought it.. 'apparently' the old lady before my landlady bought it got took into a care home.

Nothing odd about that I thought.

The same evening we viewed, the landlady phoned to say we'd got the house, (that quick!) I thought she seemed a bit desperate to be honest?!

Anyway I've had a weird feeling all week about this house don't ask why call it intuition, my husband has been dead set on moving since before Xmas so all my current property is packed up & he's all excited ready to move in.

Picked keys up tonight, as we were locking up the neighbour came out, chatted for a few minutes & he told us the lady before wasn't taken into a care home she died in the house & so did her husband, & that the woman wasn't found for quite a while...with out going into too much detail you get what I mean.

I did a google search on the address & it did bring up info about it. (thought I'd check it out to make sure it was true)

Also the neighbour said that my landlady has had the house a while now & she's always letting it out. (really makes me wonder why she's lied about how long she's owned it! & more to the point why the hell won't the tenants stay, haunted me thinks lol) tried phoning the landlady & she hasn't answered. I actually don't know what I'd say if she did answer to be honest! I'd sound a flaming loon wouldn't I asking if she knows of any ghosts lurking?? haha

I do feel really stupid for writing this as im a fully grown married woman! but im a bit scared & feel uneasy about moving in now :sad:

what would you do geeks? Honestly would it put you off, am I being daft?

Please take into account, I won't ever watch a scary film & I refuse to be home alone, I'm currently sat typing this with my quilt pulled up over my head & I'm not even in the new house yet :eek: dear me.

hubby finds this hilarious & is taking the mick big time, keeps walking round singing the ghostbusters song at me :( LOL x

Awww bless I can't say I have any advice as I don't believe in stuff like ghosts but the ghostbusters song did make me giggle x

Like jackie has said if she told you that an old couple died in the house and weren't found for ages and so on you probobly wouldn't have decided to move there.lol.

Just think about the amount of people in the uk and all over the world that have died and not been found for weeks months years probobly a massive percentage of the world.

I'm sure you will be fine.The house may well still have there spirits in there I have a couple in mine lol a few months ago the activity was pretty high in the house and I just asked politely if they could just go about there business quietly lol and they were rather nice and have done so lol.Don't get me wrong I have been scared on occasions but generally it ok.

If it turns out you have and you don't like it you can have your house cleansed and they will guide the couple over the other side.The reason why spirits stay is because there stuck here and can't fined there way.

I sound like a crazy lady but I've experienced alot of activities to last me a life
time lol.

Maybe finding out some more info would help.XX

Aww honey poor you. Love neighbours like that really helpful lol. Dont worry honey, id contact your landlady again and find out more info if you want but i really wouldnt get too caught up in it. People die in their homes all the time doesnt mean they'll haunt it lovey so try not to worry. Tenants move on for all manner of reasons, just ask my sister in law- i kid you not 4 houses in 2 years!!

I currently live in a basement flat in an old converted chapel dating back to the 1800's- yep in the crypt lmao! More recently a guy was murdered in the flat upstairs and not discovered for a few days eeeep! I do believe in spirits and when im particularly stressed i sometimes glimpse a little girl running in my hallway, only a quick flash mind. It does scare me but i refuse to acknowledge her, and i certainly dont want to know anything about her! Ha im probably not helping here, i just mean if and its a whopping if you are aware of someone just ignore it lovey.

I do believe you get a feel for a place when you view it, im more than comfortable living here and im home alone a lot with my little guy as hubby works far and away. If you felt happy and comfortable when you viewed it go with that my lovely.

To go back to my living in the 'crypt' bit yes there were funerals here, but there were also christenings and marriages- so happy times- just as im sure your dear old little couple had too.

Dont sweat it honey just enjoy your new home :) x x x

Thanks happy feet, don't think I could cope knowing someone had been murdered :eek: your so brave!

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks starholistics x

Hi I would be interested in this as my little girl (2 an a 1/2 year old) has started to tell me that there's someone in the house downstairs, an she gets very upset an scared when she thinks they are there, also in my bedroom she 'talks' to somebody called 'John' alot but always seems happy and playing with him she only speaks to him in my bedroom but this may be an imaginary friend, sorry to the OP for jumping on this thread lol :)

Hope you get your problem sorted scissorz x

aw thats awful, so sorry that this has happened. Now I know its not nice to scare-monger, and I really dont want you to think its what I'm doing, but if I were you I wouldn't move in, I'd look for something else. Not because there might be ghosts or whatever, but because I think you have to be completely happy with where you live. Your house is your haven where you escape from the world, and if you are unhappy or scared there it will soon get you down, espcially if you are of a nervous disposition. Look on the bright side its rented not bought so its much easier to back out of the agreement and find something you are happy with.

Thanks chelle x

Whilst I don't really condone lying , if the landlady was to tell the truth on house viewings "oh btw someone died in this house and wasn't found for along time" she would probably have a hard time finding a tenant.

If you like the house then take it , never be afraid of the dead - the living are far more scary and dangerous x

Thanks jackie x

I suppose not many people know about the past their houses have. I find it fascinating!
My house is 200 years old and is converted from a pub. I imagine all the things that happened here and no doubt there's been a few 'skeletons' in the closet!
In my opinion if something was 'off' in the house you would have felt it upon viewing regardless of knowing what happened there.
Good luck!
X

I wouldn't worry so much. Even if the old couple are still attached to their property the chances are they would be nice energy. If not there are ways of Clearing bad energy and helping them into the light.

I have lived in "haunted" properties before and tbh it is almost always just your frame of mind causing the issues. Look at it as a new home, forget the past. How can someone having passed away in the property really affect your everyday life.

Say a litle prayer for them and move on,

good luck in your new home

Don't "cleanse the home" as all it does is traps them between this and the next worlds, my aunts house is built on what was a grave yard, she has seen lots going on and so have I, all we did was give them reassurance and asked them to not show a presence.
It's quite simple.

In a calm but firm voice say" I know you are here, but the activity is frightening me, please stop making yourself known, if you want to move over look for an abnormality in te world you are in ad giro it, I'm sure you can find the way to move on and be with your departed loved ones"

Maybe in your case let them know you are or want to be a family with children in the future and plan to make this a fun vibrant loving home and will take good care of it, that will reassure them and probably help them move on knowing the place they had as a family home will be again sometime.
There isn't really much to be scared of though, I think a lot of activity is to try and let people know they are not alone in the house so they don't feel scared but this can have the opposite effect than the "ghost" intended.

Into another aunt, when she was buying the home she is in now the seller asked a neighbour to mention a ghost was there to scare my aunt out of the deal, little did the seller know, my aunt was neighbours with the woman when they were children so was told that the buyer wanted to pull out and she was asked to scare her away. So not to say your prospective neighbours are liars, but maybe they don't want new people next door or possibly hope that if it's empty they can purchase it to knock down ad re build on or knock te 2 into 1, just a possibility. Xoxo

Don't "cleanse the home" as all it does is traps them between this and the next worlds, my aunts house is built on what was a grave yard, she has seen lots going on and so have I, all we did was give them reassurance and asked them to not show a presence.
It's quite simple.

They would not be trapped if done correctly by a proper medium or someone that does cleansing with good intentions. My Mom used to do this for years.

Latest posts

Back