Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaxGirl

Reaction score
I just seen an ad for full spray tan, shellac nails & make -up for £30??????

ahhh thats a bit mental isnt it? wheres the profit in that?

whats the craziest pricing you've seen?

£8 for a full body spray tan, £12 for 'acrylic nails'
'gel extentions (yes spelt like that 😏) £15 and get gel toes free!'
£10 for full body massage...

I could could go on... 😖

£8 for a full body spray tan, £12 for 'acrylic nails'
'gel extentions (yes spelt like that 😏) £15 and get gel toes free!'
£10 for full body massage...

I could could go on... ��

lol mad!

The latest on facebook was £5 for a full set of acrylic shovels ooh and the best bit shes mobile too!!

A competitor down the road from me is doing facials starting at £7 and eyelash and eyebrow tinting for £4!!

I'm doing an offer on my tan for £10 (I wasn't getting any business at my original price and where I am I always get asked for blooming RAF discount :mad:) and the competitor decided to do an offer on his spray tan for £8!!

Leanne
X

A salon by me was doing spray tans for £5 and tooth gems for £1.50. They went bust!

A salon by me was doing spray tans for £5 and tooth gems for £1.50. They went bust!

Shocking! They must have been making such a profit! Haha.

£1.50 for eyebrow threading - wtf!

ahhh where will it end?

i did offers when i first opened - but within reason - no silly pricing

it would be over a year now since ive done any offers

i think by going cheapy you can totally devalue what you do

and find that my loyal base of customers stay with me regardless of pricing

Im starting to accept that there will always be people that will undercut you like mad but i just think it Attracts the wrong type of clients, if i were to look at these prices i would run a mile, i would automatically assume as a customer that it would not be a treatment/ service if quality. Anyone agree? I mean my prices are not sky high, more than likely i will be upping them in the new year as i feel it reflects quality of my products and services.

Im starting to accept that there will always be people that will undercut you like mad but i just think it Attracts the wrong type of clients, if i were to look at these prices i would run a mile, i would automatically assume as a customer that it would not be a treatment/ service if quality. Anyone agree? I mean my prices are not sky high, more than likely i will be upping them in the new year as i feel it reflects quality of my products and services.

i agree those low low prices make me think the business is in trouble and getting desperate

HOWEVER the offer i refferred to at the start of this thread - ive seen pictures of the shellac nails that girl does and to be honest they look fabulous - she looks really talented to me so seems mad to sell herself so cheap

i agree those low low prices make me think the business is in trouble and getting desperate

HOWEVER the offer i refferred to at the start of this thread - ive seen pictures of the shellac nails that girl does and to be honest they look fabulous - she looks really talented to me so seems mad to sell herself so cheap

Yes I've seen pictures on Facebook of amazing sets of nails with stupidly low prices, I feel like messaging them to ask why they are being so daft?

I just seen an ad for full spray tan, shellac nails & make -up for £30??????

ahhh thats a bit mental isnt it? wheres the profit in that?

whats the craziest pricing you've seen?

I am sure I seen this exact offer on facebook too on an N.I group but cant for the life of me remember what they were called - Id be confident to guess they were home based in portadown/armagh though? Is it the same person? I thought the exact same thing re them being mental!

The Sunbed shop down the road has just set up a girl in a teeny tiny room, stocked it with elemis :/ products!!! Wow how far down hill has that company gone that they are supplying someone like this: elemis facials £20, shellac nails £10!!

They do those offer adds on Facebook and I do see a lot of clients claiming them, but having spoken to the girl who works there she says she is stacked out but are they really making any money?

I am sure I seen this exact offer on facebook too on an N.I group but cant for the life of me remember what they were called - Id be confident to guess they were home based in portadown/armagh though? Is it the same person? I thought the exact same thing re them being mental!

ooo Emmy noo its in the Fermanagh area

I can only guess they are getting scared/desperate/under financial pressure???

When prices are Sooo cheap why don't people question it! Yes we all love a bargin maybe 10-15% off! But when things are that cheap??? Hmm got to be something wrong!

Mmmh its strange why someone would do that, it would still make me think twice about going to them, it doesn't make sense as they are not making much profit at all,

I have seen sooo many. The latest that's popped up on Facebook is £20 for a root touch up (including cut and blowdry) and all new clients get £5 off. I think it's hilarious! £15 for 2hrs work and then minus all your products and overheads!
Also have a spray tan and get a free shellac manicure
!!!

Eyelash extensions for £7.50 !!

Everyone near me does nails for silly money. One girl offers 'plain' for £5, or 'fancy' for £7, I haven't seen her updating her page for a while though.

It's completely crazy.

Eyelash extensions for £7.50 !!
What the heck!? Actually speechless :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back