Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Balance - can I ask are you a salon, home salon or mobile? Will you open a new salon in your new area?

Mainly home salon (but I'll work mobile for nails) I also run a pamper party company where I employ therapists on a freelance basis.

I'll continue to work from home when we move and see what the future holds.

It was a valid comment. . But here again stands the same question.. what is classed as sufficient money. ..putting food on the table and paying the bills, not much else and working 70 hours to get it. ..this is where it fails a little for me personally. I fully admit I do this for a hobby. . I'm fully qualified, insured and probably more critical of health and safety and the correct procedures and standards are met than most. However one customer alone will generate me £500 minimum in one day (CACI treatments course of ten- generally 3 hours a week for 3.5 weeks and money up front) . ..look how many hours you have to sit there and do nails for to make that money and is even worse if someone charges £7 a set. ..

And what makes me laugh the hardest is most of the people complaining about reduced prices/deals/£7 shellac on here and getting in a right state about it. .do you forget you've added your link to your Facebook pages on a previous thread and you charge the same as what you are complaining about. ...! Common sense is really not that common! (Pink bunny this was not directed at you at all)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I totally agree with you that people are charging silly prices for things hence the thread. I appreciate that the more advanced the treatment, the more you can charge and the more money you will make. Unfortunately at present I am unable to own my own salon, I haven't quite got to that stage yet and when I do I will be offering some specislised treatments with machinery to boost my income. Sadly you have to have money to make money and that isn't always the easiest thing to achieve. However, I don't believe that getting an office job or any other kind of job will give me more income than I am making charging 25 for shellac. I like to pay myself more than other people because I know I'm good at what I do and won't drop my prices to compete with those who don't rely on the income they generate. You can make a killing in the beauty industry if you know the right way to go about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

And maybe those last words are a good point to end this thread.

Because I can add to this thread even though it has been closed, I'd like to point out that it's always important to remember that this is a much closer community of salon professionals than you may think.

Please bear that in mind when posting, as the person or persons you are discussing, could well be members of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back