CRB check required?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natc

Reaction score
Hi there,
me and my sisterstarted doing childrens nail art and glitter tattoo parties last year. we are fully quailfied and insured. we did several successful fairs last year and have contacted lots of local schools in my area. One of the teachers has asked us for documents for a CRB or Police 99 Clearence? not sure what this is. We have never been asked for one before and not sure whether this is actually required by law? we will not be left alone with the children so in my understanding would not need one.
I do think it may be a good to get the CRB as i guess it looks professional but is this actually required. Any advice??
thanks

Hi
I have a number of CRB certificates for the different things I do, but I was also told the same, that if you are not left alone with them, you do not need one.
It might be worth a phone call or email, so you get something in writing back to the CRB checking company to see if you need one or not

I recently had the same question so i rang the CRB dept and they explained that you can't have a standard or enhanced CRB check done on yourself but if you apply to Scotland CRB they will do a basic CRB check for individuals. So i did mine online, it costs £25.00 and i'm expecting it through anytime now. The guy at the CRB office said if you aren't working on your own with children there really isn't any need for one but i feel that parents will feel happier if I have one. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for your advise, I called CRB and they advised it is not the law to have one but it is good practice as we are working with children, She said its costs £25 for standard one, plus £17 for admin fee and £3 for something else so £45 each which is quite a lot of expense for something thats not really required..

Do you have the web address for the scottish one? as £25 is not too expensive

Thanks for your advise, I called CRB and they advised it is not the law to have one but it is good practice as we are working with children, She said its costs £25 for standard one, plus £17 for admin fee and £3 for something else so £45 each which is quite a lot of expense for something thats not really required..

Do you have the web address for the scottish one? as £25 is not too expensive
Yes, it's Informing recruitment decisions through the timely provision of accurate criminal history information and protecting vulnerable groups by preventing unsuitable people from working with them - Disclosure Scotland :)

I just spoke to my insurance company and they said I would need one, so it might be worth speaking to your insurance company to.

Latest posts

Back