CRB Checks for kids parties!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, thought id put this separate to my other post as a few people were like me and not sure if a CRB check is needed to do kids manicure / beauty parties.
I just rang them and they said it is NOT needed as you are not caring for the children, you are simply providing a service and an appropriate adult is normally present.
If you were say, doing a party at your house and the kids were left with you then it would be necessary as you are then 'childminding'.:eek:

If you were say, doing a party at your house and the kids were left with you then it would be necessary as you are then 'childminding'.:eek:
If you were doing the party at your house then presumably you would know the parents and the children attending as they would be friends of your child, that's no different than your child having a few friends round after school and you wouldn't get a police check for that.

hth's a bit

yes, sorry, when i read my post again i think it came across wrong, what i meant was if you were taking bookings for parties at you home on a business basis(say if you were home based and wanted to do that for some strange reason lol!). Obviously if its kids you know then thats completely different!

yes, sorry, when i read my post again i think it came across wrong, what i meant was if you were taking bookings for parties at you home on a business basis(say if you were home based and wanted to do that for some strange reason lol!). Obviously if its kids you know then thats completely different!
ahh ok... in that case it's completely different :wink2:

If that was the case then I would say that you would be best off having the CRB check, better to be safe than sorry eh?

Did you give them that scenario when you rang them?

I do children's parties and have done for 2 years, however recently I did some work for a community project like a youth club, who wanted me to have a CRB check. I got it sorted with them and it cost me £51(!), I earned £80 for the work so came out with not much in the end.

I suppose you could have it to re-assure parents. I've added it on my website and now tell parents for their peace of mind, but as you say it isn't necessary as such.

Just to add on here; please note if you are self employed;

The CRB people (usually applied through your local council) won't just let you apply for a CRB check yourself.

They say you have to have it applied for by an employer.

In this case I asked the people at the community project to apply for this for me and they did. You can't just apply for it for some strange reason.

As with salon treatments, if a child is under 16 they would have to have a parent present, so you wouldnt have kids left with you on their own anyway.
The prob with CRB checks is that they are technically out of date as soon as you have applied for one anyway 9i was told this when i went from one college to another). Hths x

Latest posts

Back