Creating a SPECIFIC COLOURED acrylic powder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
I have had an enquiry today from a lady who is a hairdresser.
She wears a light dusky pink enamel.
Her job ruins them quickly and it is doing her head in having to re-do them all the time.
She wants to know if I can do an overlay in the same colour, so that it will last.

So I wonderd if it is possible to create or to buy a light dusky pink acrylic powder?

I have seen another thread saying that it is possible to customise gels by adding a little of your desired enamel, which seems the perfect solution as she really wants to stick to the light dusky pink shade that she has grown to love.
I have had training in gel with Essential Nails (Dream Gels) - although I only offer acrylics (Creative) on my service menu at the moment.
I have a basic UV lamp which came in my kit and am worried that although it is the correct lamp for curing Dream Gels, it might not be strong enough to cure them thoroughly if I add enamel to the mix - IYKWIM.

Help me !!

I think this method is really just trial and error.....and it really is a fabulous thread and idea by Heather Davis.http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/54337-very-cool-technique-brisa-users-wanting-colored-gel.html
If I were you I would give her method a read over again in her thread, and just have a go, practising on yourself until you get it right.
I think as long as you are using the right lamp for your gel product you should manage.

You could always mix up a CCB powder to match the polish....but is could be quite difficult to match the colour exactly....I think the gel way could be the way to go.
Let us know how you get on.

Wow that was SO Quick!!
Thanks, I will give them both a go - starting with the gel!

I would definately give heathers one a go! I had a bit of a play with fab results!!
I now wear my Creative enamels as gels and they dont chip!! Woohoo!!

Latest posts

Back