Creating a toenail help...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samantha11

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been asked to create a couple of toenails on a client in 2 weeks for a weedding, She would like them done in Gel and a french look. (So like Hollywood nails).

Problem is i never done one, and don't really know what to do or where to start??? Wouldn't it lift, due to the skins natural oils?

Does anyone have any step-by-steps or tips? My cousin doesn't have any toenails either, so I can use her as a model first :)

Thank you in advance for reading :) x

Hello,

I have been asked to create a couple of toenails on a client in 2 weeks for a weedding, She would like them done in Gel and a french look. (So like Hollywood nails).

Problem is i never done one, and don't really know what to do or where to start??? Wouldn't it lift, due to the skins natural oils?

Does anyone have any step-by-steps or tips? My cousin doesn't have any toenails either, so I can use her as a model first :)

Thank you in advance for reading :) x

I will be watching this with interest as I have been asked to do the same, but with acrylic xxx

Hi,I have a client who had bad ingrown toe nail and had it remove but left it in a right mess,so I build a nail with sculpting gel for her and it works brilliant.I use bio sculpture she has got a tiny bit of nail near cuticle but not much and I start at that.She is always really pleased with the result.hope this helps you :)

Does she have any toenail left? If so you could sculpt a toenail with a form and gel. Just make sure the gel isn't touching her skin when you cure or it could burn her.
I personally would use acrylic to sculpt a toenail because it will be easier as you can apply the acrylic to the left over nail and on the skin creating a free edge with a smile line (reverse method) then apply your form and your white acrylic.
If she doesn't have any toenail left and its just skin, I would use a press on toenail and paint it in French. She can use double sick tape or fashion tape to hold it on. She could probably use body gem glue too. I think I've seen on here that CND gelbond is ok too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Hi,

Thank you for all your replys, they have been a great help :) She hasn't got any nail at all, so i might suggest the stick on nails instead.

Thank you again :)

You an build an acrylic toenail straight onto the toe it won't last for ages but will get her through the wedding I've done it with amazing results.XX

Latest posts

Back