Creating my own OPI Gelcolors, woo hoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma84

Reaction score
Omg I'm in the middle of layering some gelcolors and so far so gd, if anyone can tell me how to load up pics as I am doing it on my phone while I wait for the timer, I can show u the end result I must say I am tres excited!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334056198.236023.jpg
Verdicts? I love it!

Ver pretty.What have you layered here.

Thanks it's a bit more Girly then I'm used to but still like it, I used gelcolor strawberry margarita, funny bunny and then opi laquer in pirouette my whistle x

That's lovely. I have a few people asking me for softer duskier pinks as the gelcolor ones are quite strong. Is there a gelcolor layering thread? If not I'd love to see everyone's layering pictures/ learn new colour combinations x

Could anyone tell me where to start? I know that I need to have a play about but are there any pointers ie what colours generall look best layered over other certain colours? So I don't waste so much gel creating horrid colours lol! And do I put the first layer on, cure it, then the other colour as the next layer so we still have 2 coats? X

I did cure the separate layers as u wld normally but I have found sometimes u do need 3layers of colour in total I just played around using opaques on top of darker colours hth x

I did cure the separate layers as u wld normally but I have found sometimes u do need 3layers of colour in total I just played around using opaques on top of darker colours hth x

That's great thank you, yes I thought that's with the colours that usually need more layers anyway I would guess I'd use more when layering. Can't wait to have a play. Hopefully more people will post what they've come up with too x

Ive been waiting for someone to experiment for ages!
Ive done probably 3 threads asking if anyone has done any OPI GelColor Layering yet!!
Im not creative enough to layer! And I dont have Gelish or Shellac etc so I have no idea what to do really!! I know with Gelish & Shellac there are soooo many layering possibilities!
Emma84 did you say you was using normal laquer also?
I want pure gel as I dont want to mix polishes and offer to clients! x

Ive been waiting for someone to experiment for ages!
Ive done probably 3 threads asking if anyone has done any OPI GelColor Layering yet!!
Im not creative enough to layer! And I dont have Gelish or Shellac etc so I have no idea what to do really!! I know with Gelish & Shellac there are soooo many layering possibilities!
Emma84 did you say you was using normal laquer also?
I want pure gel as I dont want to mix polishes and offer to clients! x

I'm exactly the same! I know people say to just have a go yourself but I am completely new to layering and would just like a nudge in the right direction!

Yes I used a glitter laquer but wouldn't do that on a client only on myself, I can't wait for opi gelcolor glitters to be launched, let us know what you come up with, il show u mine if u show me yours lol x

Apparently there won't be any really glittery glitters (if you get me!) as its a 100% gel and the glitter just sinks to the bottom? Its what I was told on my training anyway.

I wonder if princesses rule would look good over many colours? I have played about with proper glitter (rockstar) and that looks fab. Also used some soft glitters where the gel colour shows through a bit and that's quite pretty x

This is 'a grape fit' with a soft glitter on ring finger. Was just playing around, not keen on it being just on ring finger but I think itd be nice on every finger as its not too sparkly/full on

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334086440.825570.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334086440.825570.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 804
That is gorgeous Tommo X

This is 'a grape fit' with a soft glitter on ring finger. Was just playing around, not keen on it being just on ring finger but I think itd be nice on every finger as its not too sparkly/full on

They look beautiful!!
What do you mean by soft glitter?
I have Martha Stewart glitters.
You've just made me want to purchase Grape Fit!
I can't wait for the new colours in May!! X

That is gorgeous Tommo X

Aw thank u that's really nice as I am brand new to the whole beauty scene so for someone to say they like what I've done is really flattering!

They look beautiful!!
What do you mean by soft glitter?
I have Martha Stewart glitters.
You've just made me want to purchase Grape Fit!
I can't wait for the new colours in May!! X
Ohh I can't either! Wish I had never ending cash flow to buy them all!
Erm I'm rubbish at wording things lol it's a normal glitter but it's a pearly one and whenever I've used it, the colour underneath always shows through (like my pic) x

Oo I wld love this in the summer on my toes with some strappy wedges on to show the off Tehe, I'm with u on the cash flow thing, that's a bit silly about the glitters as you have to shake the bottles anyway, come on OPI please sort out glitters, just wondering what 2 darker colours layered wld look like just nt sure where to start lol x

Oww I've got a layering idea but don't have the colours if anyone does can u please try a purple with pink over top :0) x

Latest posts

Back