Creating 'streaks' with extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty_Geek

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Just got someone booked in for some extensions next week. Going to go and do my consultation over the weekend but she wants caramel streaks going through her brown hair. Have recommended that she dyes it Before fitting extensions but she's decided to just have caramel strands fitted amongst the brown, say 20 of 120. What's everyone's thoughts on this? What would it look like? Anyone any experience of this?

Thanks in advance

Xx

Anyone know why sometimes my posts don't show in the general feed? Any help with this one? X

Did they not explain this on your course? Iv heard a nice way to add colour is to split two extensions in half and put a blonde and brown together (if that's makes sense lol) are u doing pre bonded? X

Or half a brown and half a caramel together x

I did my course in December and have been too nervous to do any clients but have bit the bullet and am doing someone next week. So they may have told me but I've forgotten... No I'm doing micro rings... X

I could still look at cutting I'm half and then use my clamp to clamp them together... X

I think you will struggle cutting I tip in half.. I have created highlights by halving bonds in u tip and bonding them together but struggled when trying to half I tip xx

Thanks Niki. Any other ideas? She's my first client, typically, and just nervous. Would I do a whole row of smushed ones?

X

If it was me I would probably place them in randomly or do 2 rows of brown and 1 row caramel x

Cheers baby chops :)

Think il do exactly that xx

I have two colour extensions in at the minute. Bottom 2 rows are blonde then alternate rows in brown and blonde till about my ear line then blonde the rest of the way up. Looks good but it's more of an underlying colour than streaks.
If its streaks your wanting I'd put them in randomly. I had a client the other week that had coloured her own hair so had patches of a lighter brown so I just followed the colour of the hair and put lighter ones in where the lighter patches were. Turned out really nice x

I have two colour extensions in at the minute. Bottom 2 rows are blonde then alternate rows in brown and blonde till about my ear line then blonde the rest of the way up. Looks good but it's more of an underlying colour than streaks.
If its streaks your wanting I'd put them in randomly. I had a client the other week that had coloured her own hair so had patches of a lighter brown so I just followed the colour of the hair and put lighter ones in where the lighter patches were. Turned out really nice x

The only prob with my client is that she's all over brown (I believe, not done consultation yet) and she wants streaks of caramel in. Recommended dying first and I'll do what you did for your client but she's thinking of just having the extensions for colours. Do you think it would work?

Xx

If not cutting in half to create natural highlights I would prob do caramel ones to every 4 brown ones prob xx

yes it will work as long as she doesn't want the colour too light! I done similar last week with a client, coloured hair all over #2, but wanted caramel hilights! I used #2 and #4 to blend her brown, and #'8 and #10 for the hilights. I done approx 4 rows of brown only and then a row of lighter, then brown, then lighter etc, along with some scattered nearer the front. just remember blending is key when you are doing this kind of thing to stop it looking too extension-y! the instagraqm pic doesnt show it too clearly but the other photo i have has the ladies face on which i dont want to post here! The other 2 pics are also adding ca5ramel to give an over all lighter effect x hth x
534994_10152754880525492_529763741_n.jpg
sj before.jpgsj after.jpg

Thanks so much that's really helpful. Was her normal hair colour a mix of 2 and 4 or did you do that because you were adding the caramel? X

I had this done to me with pre bonded. In the end I had 100 caramel and 200 base 5. My friend did them all base 5 for the bottom 3-4 rows then started adding them into each row. I understand that I had more caramel than you're putting into your client, but if you just try to evenly space them out then you'll be fine :) I had about 25 caramel ones left over that weren't used. Don't forget you'll be blending as well so can always refine then. Good luck but you'll be fine :) xx

Latest posts

Back