Creative advert in nails mag

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loo

Reaction score
Hi I had to post about the advert I saw for creative's ''Pefect color flawless pink powder''. I love the nails in the picture there is one nail which is longer and has a cut down the centre and little holes with ribbon laced through and a bow at the top it just looks soooo cute I would be daring enough to have this on my own nails if I knew how LOL. I wonder how it was done. Just thought I would also add her make-up looks flawless too. :D I think the advert really stood out to me because of the pink ribbon my fav colour. Can anyone shed any light on how this nail design was acheived would love to give it a go?

Thanks xx :D

963corsetnails-med.jpg

Hiya!

I remembered seeing these on the 'creative4pros' website! I think they are the ones you meant! Hope its ok to post them here, i couldn't get the link to copy and paste!

They're lovely nails! Id wear them if I could too!
HTH's :D
love Kat :) :)

Yeh thats the idea thanks for posting that. I will have a go perhaps on a practice nail tip!! The colour of the one in the creative advert had a lovely pink ribbon and anice ntural french look have you seen it?

Thanks again for posting the info!!! :D

I've seen the one you're talking about Loo and its gorgeous!
I think Creatives ads are soo classy ... my fave at the mo is the one on the front cover of Scratch, thats a look I'll be copying on my own nails shortly ... well I'll be trying anyway,lol!

Yes I know the lace looking nails didn't realise they were creative nails but they look amazing I love all their ideas.

Hi Loo,

I did see a step by step on the flawless pink corset nail in one of the US mags, I think - they used clear to make a V in the middle of the free edge and then the flawless pink on the rest then made the holes and threaded a very fine pink ribbon.

I cant remember whether it was sculpted or over a clear tip - I suppose either would work.

Hey Loo!!

I've done a nail like this, it's how Fiona said - use a clear tip, apply the pink acrylic and leave a clear V shape which you then fill with clear. Drill in the holes and thread the ribbon through. Make sure you try and seal the ends of the ribbon with something though as they will fray (as everyone saw on my nails @ Olympia pmsl) I incased rhinestones in my clear V, looks sooo cute and loadsa people have commented on it :D Hope that helps :biggrin:

xx

There is a great product on the market for fraying ribbons, its called `fraycheck`and is sold at any reputable haberdashery

just a thought, who does these nails for the magazines and posters we all see ?
who did the ribbons one ?
who did the nails for the front cover of this months scratch ?

For the Chantilly Lace Cover of Scratch it was Sheryl McCaully - she is the MOST tremendous artist I have ever seen. I worked with her in NYC at a CND sanctuary and she drew - using a pencil - detailed images of Cher, Madonna etc on tips - tiny perfect images - just like that - amazing!! She also does all the fab nails for NY Fashion Week too!

I think the Pink Ribbon was done by Leanne Baker Smith or it could have been Tom Beachneck (Bachik)!! Jan Arnold generally calls on the creme-de-la-creme for the photo shoots - I really love the Chantilly Lace shot though - there is a step-by-step and if you look inside the front cover of Scratch, it tells you who did the nails there too!! HTH's ;)

Wow I would love to have seen the pencil nail art that Sheryl did. If you have any piccies could you post them?? Thanks v much

love Loo xx

I must admit, i LOVE that advert, everytime i see it i go warm and fuzzy inside :o there's just something about that particular advert!! :D

Thanks all for your replies I really want to give this design a go but I dont have a drill to do the holes boo hoo will have to save for one now!!! :cry: Hopefully I will get to have a go any other fab ideas like that one let me know, I love anything pink!! Layla would love to see a piccie of your olympia nails did you take any?

loo said:
Wow I would love to have seen the pencil nail art that Sheryl did. If you have any piccies could you post them?? Thanks v much

love Loo xx
Hi Loo - I was working at the time and never got pics after - she has done some truly amazing work - infact with the Update there should have been a NAILS related mag from the USA that showed NY Fashion Week shots - there was a 'cameo' style nail that Sheryl did too!! I wish I had taken pictures - sorry:sad:

loo said:
Thanks all for your replies I really want to give this design a go but I dont have a drill to do the holes boo hoo will have to save for one now!!! :cry: Hopefully I will get to have a go any other fab ideas like that one let me know, I love anything pink!! Layla would love to see a piccie of your olympia nails did you take any?

The drill you need for this is not an e-file costing a few hundred pounds but a jewellery nail drill which costs a few pence. Look at places which do nail art and clip on charms - they will have the little drills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back