Creative and Ezflow users...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue97

Reaction score
Hi I have been reading some posts for a while and I need some help. I am just back to doing nails after a many year absence. The salon did not have a tech doing acrylic so I get to have a lot of say in what I use. They wanted odorless but I am not liking the set time so I am investigating some low odor systems. There are many of you using ezflow and many others using creative. So here are my questions:

1. with the ez flow Q monomer do you have to use a resin with it? Any kit I have seen comes with resin, what is it for?

2. Are creative products low odor? I thought they were but their web site does not specify so I am wondering what you guys know.

I would appreciate any input, as I love doing this and want to chose the product that is going to be best for my and the salon.

Thanks
Susan

Cant give you any answers on ezflow as i don't use it but i do use creative,
it is not low odour sorry, you can determine how strong the odour is by how you work, not wiping too much, work next to an open window or have an extraction unit, always use a metal lidded bin and put anything that needs throwing away in there straight away and I'm sure that others will reveal all the other little tricks to minimise the odours,
as far as i know all systems have an odour hth

The resin comes in the kits for you to apply the nail tips with if you're not sculpting, you don't need it for anything more than that. HTH

CND here... Retention STINKS.. (but I love the smell) Radical is not as harsh on the nose... but for people who are not used to it.. it all stinks to high heaven to them.

Have to agree with the above..i have used in the past Hawley,NSI,IBD and Creative and EZ flow..Creative is defo the strongest smelling of the lot..although EZ flow is quite similair.
Its a shame that odour is the salons main concern, as, for me Creative is the superior product..but as Louby said there are ways to half the odour..but unfortunately you cant make it disappear.
Gel would be the best option..completely non stinky!

I use CND and yes it stinks:eek:. I do a few things to cut down on the smell. I fold my 'wiping' towel in to a square. That way when I'm wiping the towel absorbs more of the liquid into the throw away towel and not on my cloth towel. Second I keep a plastic container with a screw on lid down by my side. I put anything and everything in it that has touched monimor...you know like my throw away 'paper towels'. This seems to make the biggest difference. I put the towels into the jar as soon as I'm done. I also pour any left over monimor into the towel and that goes into the jar too. Then I screw on the lid and the smell is sealed away.

I am the only nail tech in the salon and the stylist really don't like the smell of 'nails' so I try really hard to keep the smell down.

Oh also I put my used cotton and nail wipes in the jar too. Anything that has a strong odor goes in the jar and is sealed up.

Beyond that I find that keeping the air circulated in the salon is important as well.

Hope this helps.:)

I am frustrated by the fact that they want me to chose product by odor, there are so many other things to consider, but I am trying to make the hair stylists understand.

Thanks for all the information, I do all the papertowel folding, and throwing away, (but I'll look into a covered bin, thanks!) like you jazzaryblue so at least I have some habits that should help!

I am frustrated by the fact that they want me to chose product by odor, there are so many other things to consider, but I am trying to make the hair stylists understand.

Thanks for all the information, I do all the papertowel folding, and throwing away, (but I'll look into a covered bin, thanks!) like you jazzaryblue so at least I have some habits that should help!

If you can get a metal bin with a springy lid - odours can't absorb through metal so the smell is trapped. With a plastic bin the particles of vapour are small enough to 'leak' out of it through the plastic..... Not very scientific, sorry!!!

resin would be for tip application, have you not used this b 4 ? Are you a sculpter?
Hi I have been reading some posts for a while and I need some help. I am just back to doing nails after a many year absence. The salon did not have a tech doing acrylic so I get to have a lot of say in what I use. They wanted odorless but I am not liking the set time so I am investigating some low odor systems. There are many of you using ezflow and many others using creative. So here are my questions:

1. with the ez flow Q monomer do you have to use a resin with it? Any kit I have seen comes with resin, what is it for?

2. Are creative products low odor? I thought they were but their web site does not specify so I am wondering what you guys know.

I would appreciate any input, as I love doing this and want to chose the product that is going to be best for my and the salon.

Thanks
Susan

Sorry guys but i have to disagree,IMO retention+ has a weaker odour than any monomer (i have tried)

Sorry guys but i have to disagree,IMO retention+ has a weaker odour than any monomer (i have tried)
Personally I think it depends on the nose of the smeller as to how strong or not monomer smells and in addition to that, H&S measures taken to reduce vapour. Let's face it, it pongs, whatever the brand.

I use CND and yes it stinks:eek:. I do a few things to cut down on the smell. I fold my 'wiping' towel in to a square. That way when I'm wiping the towel absorbs more of the liquid into the throw away towel and not on my cloth towel. Second I keep a plastic container with a screw on lid down by my side. I put anything and everything in it that has touched monimor...you know like my throw away 'paper towels'. This seems to make the biggest difference. I put the towels into the jar as soon as I'm done. I also pour any left over monimor into the towel and that goes into the jar too. Then I screw on the lid and the smell is sealed away.

I am the only nail tech in the salon and the stylist really don't like the smell of 'nails' so I try really hard to keep the smell down.

Oh also I put my used cotton and nail wipes in the jar too. Anything that has a strong odor goes in the jar and is sealed up.

Beyond that I find that keeping the air circulated in the salon is important as well.

Hope this helps.:)

you would be better to get a metal bin .... ! :)

i think retention smells a lot LESS, than others i have used ie ezflow , nsi etc

The odor bothers some people. I myself get very nauseated and have terrible headaches because of the smell.

I do not allow acrylics to be done in my salon just because of the reaction I get from it and the comments made from other clients.

I am a Creative user and I have just recently done an EzFlow conversion too, so now I use both.

I find Retention smells stronger, although EzFlow Q Monomer does have a smell it's different to Retention, and not so strong, but there's not much in it tbh

xx

Latest posts

Back