Creative at last - want goodies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long to do a full set of P & W, L & P with tips?

• 45mins - 1hr

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • 1hr - 1 1/2hrs

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • 1 1/2hrs - 2 hrs

Votes: 62 48.8%
  • 2 - 3 hours

Votes: 21 16.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
I did my creative conversion today & really enjoyed it. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I did it with Lynne Darling in Plymouth. The 2 1/2 hour drive to get there was hell, but that was the only bad bit. I learnt soooo much more than any other training I have done.

Lynne showd us several products and gadgets which she got from creative and are not in the catalogue. I do not have a OSNS even remotely within travelling distance, so how on earth do I find out about this stuff?

I would also like a proper colour chart for the enamels - is there such a thing? Can you buy the enamels singly - it does not give a price for that in the catalogue. How much do people retail them for?

Loads of questions I know, but you geeks will for sure know the answers! ;)

You find out through the magazines, Creative News letters, product catalogue.

Colour charts are available. Just ask.

Yes you can buy the enamels singly and the price is in the product catalogue.

There is a recomended retail price list for all retail products in the catalogue - middle pages I think.

You're so excited you just haven't seen it all yet.
:D :D

Glad you enjoyed your day and learned lots. General head office phone is 0113 275 5719 if you need anything. XX

Hi Ella, glad to hear that you enjoyed your conversion day - I'm due to do mine in Oct.

Although I did my initial training with another company (don't know if I can say the name on here!) I feel that I have been left at the starting block.

I did enjoy my training but when I wanted to expand on knowledge/exp, p & w, sculpting etc there was none to be had, which left me very dissapointed, but it has not stopped my enthusiasm to achieve beautiful nails.

Can anyone tell me about the "hand trainer" as I haven't got one and was never told about them on my training - so consequently, I have a couple of people who let me practice on them at a cheaper rate.

I wouldn't be with out my trainer hand it would be like loosing a limb (ha quite funny) :D seriously it is an excellent item, you can do all sorts and the best bit is if you want to practice even at 1am in the morning you can, if you want to try something new - and don't want to do it on a real person incase it looks crap then you can. If you are interested in buying one a friend of mine has a brand new one she wants to sell pm me and l will send you her details.

Take care

Hi Ella

You can order all your Creative bits and bobs from Leeds, as Geeg says, or your nearest OSNS is Salisbury (which is a way from you), they are having an open Day on Sunday 5th November. Tel no on back of your Designer Nails catalogue. They are really helpful.

Buying nail enamels without seeing them is a bit if a guessing game, but they are all great colours. Samuel has posted an email recently with the top selling colours, and they are cool. I trained with Lynne and Katrina at Plymouth, and like you have found it hard to find all that I want, but they are both very helpful. Katrina gave me along list of great nail colours to start my new salon.

Good luck and feel free to email me in case I have already solved that questions!!!? :D I did ask if there was going to be a supplier of Creative nearer to us (I am in Devon) but have heard nothing.

The Nail Geek has great comments on new and existing products too.

Enjoy your searching (I am really happy with all my purchases - just need lots of clients to keep coming, will soon have whole range!!!!)

Lesleyx :p

scissorhappy57 said:
don't know if I can say the name on here

Well, if it was a negative experience... I would prefer if you didn’t.
Other than that... don’t feel that you can't mention other systems. This is an open forum for all techs of any system (hell.. Antony Bucklely from EZ Flow is one of the leading contributors to the site... and a hellova great tech as well).
Just because a lot of active members here are Education Ambassadors for CND doesn’t make it a CND specific site.

BTW: The 'hand' is a great way to practice on clients... just don’t expect a tip ;)

Another BTW: Whats with the poll? Doesnt really tie in with the topic now does it? tsktsktsk ;)

Toodles

sorry about the poll - first time I did a poll and got a bit confused.

It's great to read you enjoyed the training day. Do you have any others planned in the near future? It's good to see that so many classes/courses are on offer. With some of the nails I've been seeing lately, they would come in handy here in Oz.
Ahh WTH, I may as well answer the poll. It takes me no longer than an hour to do a full set of P & W, L & P with tips.

I'm what you call a re-offending slow coach :rolleyes: No matter how hard I try I can't get past 2 1/2 hours full tip and overlay (P&W) and 2hours for a rebalance.

Call me dense (I do :shock: ), but I just can't do it..................However, little old (sorry, let's forget the old!) sweetie, Liza Smith, has promised me she will do her utmost to bring me into a damned reasonable timescale. Don't get me wrong, I want beautiful nails, not lumps and bumps, but prey tell, surely I can have both beauty and speed?

Dizzy Dellie :?

I am closer to the 2 hrs, I have always been really speedy but since working from home I find I chat a lot more, must be something to do with feeling more comfortable and now I`ve slowed down quite a bit

Hi,

Have to say i agree with Debs. I had got myself between 2 and 2 1/2 hours but if i start chatting,(which lets face it you start doing when you see a regular client,) i do find it takes 3 hours for full set, 2 for reballance.

From experience i have found that all my regulars don't really mind how long as they are always pleased with the results. Plus its a good excuse for a chin wag. :D

I always say that " Quality is better than quantity!"

I am getting better all the time so speed will come eventually.

I too am around the 2 hour mark but like everyone - if I chat then it takes longer!!

I think alot of my clients come in for a chat too!

I would like to get down to the 1 1/2 hour mark though.

sorry for being thick , this is the first time i have been on nail geek, so not too sure what all the terminology is, im taking my exam next week in doing gels nails. tips etc. and im quite nervous, i have been practicing like mad and can do a good full set of tips and gel overlays in about 2 hrs, can anybody give me any tips as to why when i have a pplied the gel aftera few days it looks like its gonna start lifting? im i putting too much or not enough on or not filing them down correctly..? desperatley seeking nail geek to be !!!

Hi

I do l&p's in 11/2 to 2 hours depending on how much i chat:biggrin:

Shelley

Lainey said:
sorry for being thick , this is the first time i have been on nail geek, so not too sure what all the terminology is, im taking my exam next week in doing gels nails. tips etc. and im quite nervous, i have been practicing like mad and can do a good full set of tips and gel overlays in about 2 hrs, can anybody give me any tips as to why when i have a pplied the gel aftera few days it looks like its gonna start lifting? im i putting too much or not enough on or not filing them down correctly..? desperatley seeking nail geek to be !!!
Go over you prepping and stand back from yourself (if you understand my meaning) to see if there is something there you`re doing or not doing as the case maybe. Perhaps you`re leaving dust on the plate or not dehydrating it properly.
Too thick a product there could do it too, as can touching the cuticle and side walls with product.
Good luck with your exam, and welcome to the board of heaven

my first ever set of p/w took me 4 hours, glad to say that now i can get them done i 1 1/2 hours....phew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back