Creative Certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creativemarie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Just a quick question as I'm a bit annoyed....

I did my training for Brisa Gels on 4th September but have not yet recieved my certificates. I have called up many times to the academy I trained at asking where they are and I keep getting fobbed off saying they are being done but I am starting a new job as manager of a nail bar pretty soon and need them urgently as they don't believe I've done it!
Does anyone have any ideas why they are taking so long and have maybe a number for Creative (not sweet squared... already tried them and they said they don't deal with that) so I can get moving on getting them?
Thanks so much girlies, I'm panicing cos I need them! :irked:

Sweet Squared are THE distributers for Creative in the UK. There is no one else to call here in the UK, and unfortunately I would like to bet that the US would just refer you to Sweet Squared.

I understand from some previous posts by them, that Essex, where I presume you trained are not actually a Creative Nail Academy anymore and haven't been for some time. They are providing training on Creative products, but its not actually Creative training. I guess thats probably not what you want to hear....sorry.

I would take up with your grievance with where you trained and if you aren't happy with the response, I would get Trading Standards involved.

hun i cant help with chasing your certs but i do know how frustrating it is as i passed my nvq 2&3 march 06 and im still chasing for my certs now nov07 thats 21 months and still nothing, i have no certs to show i have passed so havent even put it on my cv, im hopeing you get your certs soon hun:hug:

While it is true that a solicitors letter is generally more expensive then the dept is worth, a dept collector is not. When I had my own business I used one a couple of times and found him very good value for money.
Your problem as I see it is two fold.
You have completed training that you need recognition for and have not had that.
You have been misled into thinking you were receiving a brand of training that you did not in fact have.
So you need a certificate that shows that you have had training to a set standard and you need a total refund.
Why total?
You should have a partial refund because whilst you had training it was not the training you asked for.
You should have compensation for having been misled, sum total of the two should be a total refund plus the dept collectors fee
Why a dept collector?
Because he will go in with a court summons in his hand to give to the owner saying that you are taking them to court for misrepresentation and that their only way to avoid that is to give him the certificate there and then and a full refund plus his fee to take away with him, and usually these guys are so self assured and scary that they get very good results. Straight away. Pick up the yellow pages and call one, or if you use an accountant, ask them to recomend one.
Good luck hun

sorry, just jumping in here, so please excuse me if I upset anyone by jumping in on this thread, because I guess my circumstances are slightly different in that I also paid for training at Essex, then found out (before the start of the course) that despite their insistence that they were an authorised Creative Nail Academy (I even received an invoice on Creative Nail Academy headed paper!), that this was not the case - I asked for my money back and was informed that they do not offer refunds under any circumstances so I sent a nice (but firm:mad:) letter stating that it had come to my attention that they were not an authorised and/recognised CND training centre and as such, and they wouldnt be able to issue me with an authorised and/or recognised CND certificate. So a week later and still nothing, so I issued a claim at the county court and Essex refunded my money within 24 hours of them receiving my claim form through the post.... :green: plus costs.

if you feel it will help, pm me and you can have a look at the letter I sent through etc, I would be more than happy to help where I can,

I am sorry though you are having such hassle hun,

lois
xx

p.s - sorry if I have rambled on abit !

Oh my GOD to all of these messages!! Oh no what am i going to do with my new job!! I really need the certificates! Can anyone tell me does this mean that the certificates that I have received on courses done in the past are not recognised at all? xx

Oh my god i'm in the middle of doing me nvq 2 and 3 at the moment, how have you managed to get a job hun with no certs?? xx

Oh my GOD to all of these messages!! Oh no what am i going to do with my new job!! I really need the certificates! Can anyone tell me does this mean that the certificates that I have received on courses done in the past are not recognised at all? xx

I would contact Sweet Squared again and ask them to confirm what date Essex were actually an academy until - this way you know what you have acheived and what has been done under Essex's false pretences.

Explain the situation to your new job and ask them if whilst you are sorting out, you can prove your worth with a trade test.

However I suspect from some of the other threads, that if you take the appropriate action (legally) you will certainly get some form of certification that is good enough to prove you are trained.

Just remember Essex may not be a Creative nail Academy and that is undoubtedly why you chose them, but at the very least, I would imagine they are a recognised nail training centre, so it is the 'Creative' part you are lacking.

You could also contact Sweet Squared and ask if you can do some one to one training with a Creative Ambassador and this would get you your Creative affiliation. Yes, it would cost you extra, but its surprisingly affordable and I still reckon that one to one is more valuable than any classroom traiing and therefore you will definitely gain something from it anyway.

Good luck hun...don't panic. You WIll get this sorted if you keep level-headed and follow it through.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me if the certificates I have are authentic or not that I have done in the past. I will try and upload a copy onto here for everyone to see. They have a gold medalion type thing in the middle with the ambassadors signature who is Lauren Murelli at Loughton. The signature isn't hand signed though it is photocopied but the certifictes themselves are really posh! God i'm so stressed out i've got a head ache x

Sorry to hear of your situation,
the only help i can add is that all of my creative certs are signed by hand hth
if i was you i would get in touch with sweet squared to find out if they are genuine or not

sorry to read you've had this trouble,
really the best thing to do is to get into contact with Samantha at sweet squared who I'm sure will be able to settle any worries you have, I'm sure the training you have had in the past is ok as this academy was part of the old Hyperion group, maybe you just need to check dates etc xx
o0h and my certificates have the gold medallion in the middle aswell and the the signature isn't hand written and all my training has been done at Leeds hq xx
please let us know how you get on, and hope it all works out x

Thank you so much hun, I've got such a head ache where i'm stressing out! In your gold medallion thing does it say UK and Ireland or California cos mine says California so wasn't sure if this means its not real?
Shall I ask her about my current certificates do you think as when i spoke to someone there before they had no record of me even doing the course!!! Thanks again xx

<<< digging them out the draw

well I've never noticed that before !! 6 say California and 5 say UK and island, but they are all signed by the same ambassador, really I'm sure you'll be fine, I was told once (when there was a hold up with one of mine) that they had to wait for them to come over from the states.
get on the phone in the morning with you old Hyperion id number what you have done that is 100% recognized will be on their new system xx hth xx

Hey there,

Sorry for the butt-pain you are going through. I am sure the last thing you need is this headache :)

The certificate you mentioned is a valid CND certificate. It just hasn't been issued by a valid CND Academy. The certificate will have been left over from when they were an Academy, they are just no longer technically allowed to sign off and distribute CND certificates (or products). They are also not allowed to pass themselves off as a Creative Nail Academy.

In the meatime, don't sweat it. By the sound of it, you have a real CND certificate. :D

Thank you for your reply. May i just ask, are these certificates ok then for employment even though they haven't been issued from a CND academy?
I have spoken with sweet squared and they are sending me my lost certificate for Brisa because of the head ache i have gone through! I was able to tell them the date i did the course and i thought that was very "sweet" (get it? hee hee!) of them to take my word. The final question is, is anything going to be done about Essex Academy as they are still selling CND goods AND doing training....?
Thanks again x

Just to let everyone know, Sweet Squared sent me my certificates and were extremely helpful with my situation. Just want to say thank you to their member of staff Victoria who helped get them sent immediately for my new job, much appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back