Creative Clarification please read!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
These questions have come up on another thread in Chit Chat but are a bit off topic for the thread they are in. I thought it worth a new thread as these misunderstanding come up every day in post after post.

Just to clarify a few of your various questions.
Firstly ... ANY person holding a certificate of qualification can purchase a Creative Try Me Kit without being Creative Trained. If you love it and want it then it is necessary to do a Conversion Class to purchase more. This is standard over the whole of Europe.

Secondly ... the Conversion Class is free (you only pay foryour products) but in no way will you be repeating any prior training you may have had.

A conversion class does not teach you how to do nails, but how to use the products and how those product work.
You will learn information that will ensure your success with the product so that you don't make mistakes or misuse it on your paying clients. It is to HELP YOU in your business, to make a smooth transition to using it.

Sorry about the bold letters, but there is so much misunderstanding about Creative and how to qualify to purchase it. CND do not try to make it difficult for you to purchase their products, they want you to be mega sucessful using them when you convert. CND products are different technology to others and work a little differently because of that.

Things many take for granted with their chosen system do not happen when you use CND products. If you use CND products correctly you will never need to use primer, never see yellowing or discolouration, never have to worry about temperature because the products never crystalize, less breakages, more beautiful and more clarity, easy workability ... I could go on.

I am not trying to make a sales pitch, just to explain as I hear ALL the time ... you can't buy CND unless .....bladdy bla! why do we need to take a class, etc etc.

Try me kits are available to all ... if you like then you can take the class and this has been the case for more than 15 years.

I think you have answered alot of ?'s with this thread. Before I found this site I never even knew Creative existed :o which you could say answers alot regarding my training research.

Anyway that aside could you also address the matter of why one must be trained for 12 months before being able to take a conversion course. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this frustrating although I'm sure you will explain fully necessary.

In the meantime, I am patiently waiting until March '05 when I will be able to do a Creatve conversion course. Heck I might just do them all.
Thanks

Sonia

same as me princess, i have to wait till march too!! maybe see you at a conversion!

hi sonia
this is a guideline that is in place for a few reasons.
the main concern is that the conversion class isn't technically about "how to do nails".
it'then doing a s as geeg says, about how to use creative products correctly.
if a student has completed a creative 4-day foundation class, we know the level of education they've received.
that isn't the case with any other training, we don't know what level of training they've had.
therefore the guideline of 1 yr's experience at least stops some people from getting a certificate elsewhere, mayb at a lower cost/inadaquate quality, & then doing a creative conversion class.
as an educator, conversion classes can b rewarding but can b hard work, as the level of previous training each student has had can vary greatly.
it does however give us a chance to assess the level each student is at, & advise them on any further training.
hope this helps
liza smith
creative educator for kent

Sonia - I did my Creative Conversion within a year of doing nails by taking a day one-to-one with a Creative educator. It was very worthwhile and allowed me to go on to do further Creative training without waiting until I had been doing nails for a year.

So if you are really keen to do your Conversion as soon as possible, you could probably do it ona one-to-one basis. Good luck!

Hi,
Just been on to CND website, to see about ordering try-me-kits, as suggested by geeg.
Could somebody tell me what the diff is between radical and retention please?
Will get both if necessary, but just wondered if one is better to try out / more popular than the other?
Ta! x

I would go for Retention+. It is the most up to the minute technology and is the best seller now over Radical in the UK.

Personally I adore Radical liquid but I suggest you try R+.

laurawade said:
Hi,
Just been on to CND website, to see about ordering try-me-kits, as suggested by geeg.
Could somebody tell me what the diff is between radical and retention please?
Will get both if necessary, but just wondered if one is better to try out / more popular than the other?
Ta! x
Different horses ok Monomers for different courses.............. or clients.......

Radical is
A reinforced, cross-linking liquid that creates tough, crack-resistant enhancements. Use on clients with enhancements that are prone to cracking and chipping.

Rentention+
A keratin-bonding liquid that creates enhancements with superior adhesion. Its excellent adhesion makes primer use optional. Use on clients with enhancements that are prone to lifting.

HTH

Sorry!
That 'thanks message looked very impolite! - i did a big smilie :) :) but it didn't appear?!!
Thank-you for the info ruth and geeg :) - v helpful!!

Latest posts

Back