Creative Conversion Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazelwebster

Reaction score
:D Hi all

I could really do with a wee bit of help please. I have been looking through the Creative brochure as I am very interested in doing a creative conversion course for acrylic nails once I have finished my acrylic nails course and have got a bit of experience behind me.

The only trouble is, I can only see conversion courses to Fiberglass or Gel and it leaves me wondering if they actually do an acrylics conversion for people who have trained in Acrylics with another establishment!!!!! Would I have to take a one-to-one class and pay £35 or whatever it is per hour as I am not sure I could afford this :(

Any advice would be very much appreciated :D

Take care

Hazel

which brochure have you got?

In mine it says that they do a conversion course for certified nail technicians, with a working familiarity with liquid and powder is a must to attend this class and you need to have been in the industry for a minimum of 12 months, the cost is £67.50 + VAT which includes a professional kit worth £120.

When I did mine it was called a Pre-Masters course last November, but since then they have obviously updated their brochure.

Give the Education Department a ring on 0113 275 0433, I'm sure they will send you the latest info/brochure on the courses available.

Hope this helps.

Jue :D

Hi ya,

Julie is right. I've just done my Creative Conversion on the 14th of April and it is £79.31 (£67.50 + vat). The kit is absolutely brilliant and is worth the money on it's own.

Kelly xx

i did the course as well definatly worth doing ,havent looked back since attending the course in march :thumbsup: .well worth it

The girls are right!! In your brochure (depending on whether or not you have the brand new or previous) is a class called either the 'Pre-Masters' OR 'Creative Concersion'. We changed the name so that people understood it better! :D
The cost is £67.50 + VAT - the exact cost of the kit which Kelly pointed out has EVERYTHING in it. It is the Professional Kit and contains Liquid & Powder, Prep products, a Pro Styler brush (worth £24.50(i think)by itself), 100 tip tray and samples, dappen dishes etc etc! Again, the class is FOC with the the kit!! Check again and I am sure you will come across it!! ;) ;) OR call the Education Number that Mrs Gadget listed for you. The £35.00 PER hour is strictly 1-2-1 and covers whatever YOU want to cover in that time. £35 p/h is actually an excellent price considering the standard of ALL CND Educational Ambassadors and the fact that you have that time strictly allocated to you. Many students use this time for learning how to do competition nails, better smiles, better finishing etc. Hope this has helped you! 8)

thank you to all the above for your positive comments. It's good to know that we are continuing down the right path. We have an awful lot happening with education this year and next to take us to the next level so keep reading the trade mags or giving us feed back so that we can help you!! ;) (plus we want to hang on to that 'Best Training' trophy)!!! :D

Thanks for your replies everyone :D I am definately gonna do the course but will need to ring for an upto date brochure because I think mine is old now. Gutted that I will have wait 12 months though as I was hoping to do it sooner than that really.

Thanks again and take care

Hazel

mrs geek said:
We have an awful lot happening with education this year and next to take us to the next level so keep reading the trade mags or giving us feed back so that we can help you!! ;) (plus we want to hang on to that 'Best Training' trophy)!!! :D

Which trade mags would those be please Mrs Geek because I would love to keep up to date with what is going on :D I get professional nails but that is all at the moment. Also, has anything been sorted out with regards to the nvq because I enquired about Creative COmpletely Covered at one point but it wasn't being offered because the NVQ was being revamped :meow:

Also, as for the best training trophy, from what I have read I don't think you have anything to worry about :queen: :king:

Nails is what you want - used to be called Nails Plus, but is now just plain old Nails.

Dellie

And there is a new one coming out in the UK next month called "Scratch"

I believe that I can get a free subscription with Nails mag if I join the Association of Nail Technicians, is that right? If so, does anyone have the website for them or a telephone number because I want to join and also get my insurance sorted as I recently passed a VTCT in Manicure/Pedicure :D. I am just waiting for my certificate now.

Thanks again

Hazel

Hazel,

These mags are great. They give you so much information about different products and different news within the industry.

Please can everyone watch out for me in the June issue of all the mags as I'll be in there!!!!! Just a little bit about me becoming an educator for
K-Sa-Ra! Don't laugh at the piccie though!!! And in September (not sure which mag) they're doing a bit about nail techs from Essex and I've been put forward for that!!!
:D

Hi Hazel

I don't think that ANT has a website but if you give them a ring they will send you all the info through the post, the telephone number is 01353 616533/616534 or fax 01353 662489. I'm also a member and have my insurance through them, their price was one of the cheapest quotes I had.

Hope this helps

I have been on the phone to ANT today and they are sending the forms out today so hopefully I will get them tomorrow. I have also spoken to creative and they say that if I send them a copy of my acrylic nails certificate when I finish they will check to see if they can accept it for me to go on the course and if so they will send me the info needed for the conversion. That confused me a bit because I thought that it needn't necessarily matter who you train with as long as you qualify and especially since I am doing the course at a proper college so to speak that it would be accepted more readily than an unknown company that provided a two day course for example. The course I am doing is IG in Acrylic Nails and the lady I spoke to said she had never heard of it. :?

hi jane
just wondering if you have any more info on the new magazaine called scratch

It was me that asked Education to give you a call after I received your email but I think we need to clarify a few things. Firstly it does matter greatly as to who students have trained with to be accepted onto the Creative Conversion; let me explain why. :shock:
There are people out there who want to use CND but DON'T want to train properly or spend money on their education. It would be very easy to do a one day with N.E. NAIL.COMPANY and then call CND to convert for £67.50 plus VAT the next day; to stop this from happening, we only accept students on Creative Conversion classes who have been doing nails for at least one year.
We take our education program VERY seriously and commit to our students 150% with our intensive and in-depth knowledge including theory, hands-on, kits, nail trainer etc. The Education Dept. is trained to ask questions as well as direct students down the right path and particularly to students who have trained in college. You would think that there would be no problem with courses in college but many times that can be where many problems start; more often than not because colleges do not employ trained nail teks to teach nails - they use manic/pedic teachers to teach something they don't know how to do with products that are not professional line products - hence why CND have their products in only a very few colleges. Please don't be offended but understand that it is our reputaition on the line plus our wonderful students / customers who feel enourmously proud to be CND teks because of the education and the products. BTW I have never heard of an I.G. course either. Maybe you can help us!! ;)

Hi Mrs Geek

I really appreciate your reply and am certainly not offended :D

I also appreciate you asking them to give me a call, I actually thought it was someone replying to the message I had left about the conversion over the weekend and mentioned as such, poor girl must have thought I was mad, lol. She was lovely though so if you speak to the girl who rang will you thank her for me.

Ideally I would have loved to do the foundation course or indeed creative completely covered with you but we just cannot afford that kind of money unfortunately cause, as you know, we have two kids and only Niall's wage for being an IT learning assistant coming in (which is totally poo for what he does unfortunately). I think that the courses are great value for money considering the quality of training offered/the kits and everything, don't get me wrong but I think I would be saving for six years to afford it, lol :oops:

The cost of the conversion course is well worth it, however, and if I have to wait 12 months to become a creative technician by conversion then that is exactly what I will do. Now it has been explained to me, I do understand why you ask this of people, I did my first training course before Christmas and it was a 2 day course with a small nail training company, it turned out that she was a real shark and to this day still owes me £110 quid for a kit that we returned because it was so poor it was unbelievable. It was really upsetting too because Niall worked really hard to pay for the course and kit as a christmas present for me because he knew how much I wanted to do it which really adds to the sting to be honest. It's so easy to sucked in by these con-artists and I have certainly learned from my mistakes. That is why I am at college now doing the training over again because I just didn't feel confident enough to go out and do people's nails after being messed around so badly by the training company, it would not have been fair on my clients, I have too much of a conscience for that. I want to be the best I can be and that's why I want to train with you because I believe that ultimately you will help me acheive this goal :D

To finish, I have to be honest and say that I have not heard of IG either but I will ask Tracy about it when I go on Wednesday. She is a very good tutor and has been teaching acrylic, gel and fibreglass for around 12 years I think.

Thanks again for your fantastic reply, the advice I have been getting here the last couple of days has been amazing and very helpful so thanks to everyone else for that aswell :D

Take care

Hazel

Hazel - appreciate your understanding. I think I have read about your 'problem' with the previous company on another board. I am sorry that you were let down and you woudn't believe how many so called 'pro companies' but out there doing this to so many girls. :twisted: Sometimes we have students who want to pay for courses before they have received our info and we actually discourage them because we want to make sure that they are happy with EVERYTHING before commitiing; once the deposit is paid, it is non-refunable!. You are right about the money, it can take a while to save but here's the thing, if you put say £10.00 away every time you do a treatment or sell a product, that's only 7 treatments before you have £70.00; by the time (and I'm not sure how long you've been doing nails) we hit september - kids are back in school, you'll be ready to call and book for say Dec/Jan - no time at all!! Meanwhile I am glad you have a lovely teacher. Honestly there are some great teachers out there but there are more bad than great. You know where I am if you need to chat ;) ext 221!!! 8)

mrs geek said:
(and I'm not sure how long you've been doing nails)

I haven't been doing nails for long, did the 2 day course in December but I don't count that. I then did a VTCT certificate in Manicure and Pedicure which started in January for ten weeks, I am waiting for the call to go and collect my certificate at the moment :D The acrylics course started in Feb and I think I have 4 or 5 weeks to go yet but I am dreading the exam, I don't get much time to practice because of the kids as I don't like them being exposed to the fumes so most of my practice is confined to course days unfortunately and I am dreading cocking up completely. :(

Anyhoo, gtg and get some shut eye, take care all

Hazel

:D Hello

I said that I would post when I found out what qualification IG was when I was next at my course. I feel a bit stupid now because I asked Tracy last night and all it means is Income Generated, lol. Income Generated are courses that the student has to pay for and you cannot claim to have it paid for if you are on benefits. What a sily billy am I, lol :p

Anyway, it is late and I need to go to bed so take care all :D

Hazel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back