Creative Conversion Questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Hi, Ive been thinking of doing a conversion course with creative (trained using NSI and passed my college course a couple of years ago) my question is this...... it says in the booklet that you have to have a 'working knowledge' of L&P to do the course, does this mean you have to be good at applying it, good smile lines etc. and they are just teaching you a different product? I have tried to use L&P and I know how to do it......I'm just c**p at it!! Dont want to show myself up when my nails look like cornflakes! Lol

Hiya Sherrie,
Just do a search on conversion courses there is loads of info on here about them.
Hths

Hiya Sherrie (from one Sherry to another)

I did my conversion in June.

They show you how to create a perfect smile line with Creative Products so don't worry about it.

They're more concerned about prep and application of the tip. Obviously a completely distorted L & P nail would be a concern but they do generally give you handy tips and advise where you are going wrong.

Do this course - Creative is fantastic and now I'd use nothing else.

Best of luck

Sherry. x

Thanks Sherry...lol
Ok maybe im being a little hard on myself....but i know they need a lot of practice and i do have to spend more time filing them into shape at the moment rather than sculpting with my brush! I have used french tips with a raised smile line as a cheat and they looked great but i know im only prolonging the agony of not being able to do great smile lines.....and rebalancing is a NIGHTMARE! im sure im never going to get it! Plus the white never looks the same when you've used a white tip :(

They say it only comes with practise - I still don't get it 100% but at least it's giving me more practise every time. And as for rebalancing - I'd love to give it a go but my clients don't come back for infills or rebalances!!!! They end up picking them off and then coming back for a full set when they've a night out!!!

Good luck with Creative - trust me you'll love it!

All the best, Sherry. x

Aspirations said:
Hi, Ive been thinking of doing a conversion course with creative (trained using NSI and passed my college course a couple of years ago) my question is this...... it says in the booklet that you have to have a 'working knowledge' of L&P to do the course, does this mean you have to be good at applying it, good smile lines etc. and they are just teaching you a different product? I have tried to use L&P and I know how to do it......I'm just c**p at it!! Dont want to show myself up when my nails look like cornflakes! Lol
You need to have done a foundation course somewhere first and they like you to have been a technician for a year first too but sometimes they`re a bit lenient on that score.
You`ll be fine though because you have a VTCT (I`m assuming as you did it same place as me) so you can do your conversion as soon as you like, ring them and have a chat, that doesn`t cost anything.

I did my Creative conversion at Milton Keynes on Wednesday and I would def recommend it! Don't worry about how good you are - my smiles lines leave a lot to be desired and unfortunately my initial training was not the best so I was really worried beforehand. Now that my application process has been corrected I can practice loads to perfect the techniques I learned plus a few extra hints and tips along the way.

Go for it!!

Shaza

Hi Sherry, just wondered do you not think the NSI training is any good then? ive only recently purchased their kits and find their gel very easy to work with and have just also purchased their Spa Aroma Free Acrylic Kit which i have still got to try but i did look into their workshops and was thinking about giving them a go. My smile lines are awful and really practice makes perfect albeit it may take forever lol!

Hi All
I rang MK last week and asked about L/P conversion course and I was told that to do a course I would have had to have been previously been trained by Ez Flow or OPI as they only reconise those two companys othewise I would have to a foundation course.
Jill

i done the conversion in july and i must say its the best money i ever spent

lilypond said:
Hi All
I rang MK last week and asked about L/P conversion course and I was told that to do a course I would have had to have been previously been trained by Ez Flow or OPI as they only reconise those two companys othewise I would have to a foundation course.
Jill
guys, is this true?

Teena_B said:
guys, is this true?

i did a cnd conversion a many yrs ago b4 i found ezflow and i only had my nvq the funny thing was i had been trained with cnd at college and worked in a salon using for over 3 yrs-the only reason i did it was so i could get my l&p as i was newly self empolyed and couldnt buy it with out it

so i havent a clue if thats true or not.......lol.....sorry

Jess
xox

lilypond said:
Hi All
Jill
I hope not. I rang Leeds just last week & no mention was made regarding any prefered previous training. Only shortcut is if you have done Level 3 unit 19 OR a VTCT. As I have neither I'm holding out until March when I will have been qualified for 12 months, though apparently you can do a 1 - 1 sooner which can cover a conversion.

Latest posts

Back