creative course booked but changed venue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi all,
i booked my creative course about a month ago now at birmingham.i have just had a phone call to say they are no longer training there and i now have to travel to ludlow:eek:.which is yes wales.yes i live in birmingham.so i was told i could stay in b&b for 2 nights which i have to do because i dont drive cos it takes 2hrs to get there.so i was just wondering if there is anyone else doing the course in sept that has been moved?

hi all,
i booked my creative course about a month ago now at birmingham.i have just had a phone call to say they are no longer training there and i now have to travel to ludlow:eek:.which is yes wales.yes i live in birmingham.so i was told i could stay in b&b for 2 nights which i have to do because i dont drive cos it takes 2hrs to get there.so i was just wondering if there is anyone else doing the course in sept that has been moved?

Blooming heck ! Bit of a drive then :lol:

Will they be helping you out with the B&B or do you need to fund it yourself ?

Marlise

That is a shame, I would ask them to pay for your B&B for their inconvinience caused to you. If they dont agree then tell them you want your money back as your not getting what you have paid for. Thats a real shame. :hug:

Laura xxxxxx

I aggree with the others aswell ask for some help with the B&B prices,good luck xxx

I don't think 2 hours is that far to travel for training... I travel 90 minutes for mine and it's well worth it :D

they have been ok and offered the b&B @ 20 pn.but considering i dont drive my hubby has to take time off work to take me on mon and pick up on wed eve.i dont think i will be getting a model to come all that way aswell but i did query that and they said we will work around that.i would of got the train but checked timetables and would have to change 2-3 trains and i would not get there til mid morning ,yes nightmare.i was just wondering if any one else near me was going?

I travel 2 hours to my nearest academy in Bridgend, no big deal really if you want really good training!!

No, it's not a big deal to travel for good training.

I suppose when she booked, she booked Birmingham for a reason and now this has changed. Thankfully the course hasn't been cancelled completely, so a blessing even if you have to travel to Wales.

I need to do some training in London soon and I'm pooping myself as I don't understand the trains and driving in London is a HUGE no-no for me :eek: I can virtually guarantee that the training session won't see me as I will be completely lost and wandering the street of London !!

Marlise

they have been ok and offered the b&B @ 20 pn.but considering i dont drive my hubby has to take time off work to take me on mon and pick up on wed eve.i dont think i will be getting a model to come all that way aswell but i did query that and they said we will work around that.i would of got the train but checked timetables and would have to change 2-3 trains and i would not get there til mid morning ,yes nightmare.i was just wondering if any one else near me was going?

Hi hun, I would call them and ask why they haven't offered you Milton keynes? its actualy at Asply Guis and I know from other geeks that Anne and Kelly Swain are still alive and kicking and MK is a dam site nearer to Brum then wales:eek:

hi,
i'm doing my course at the moment with Marianne Manley in Ludlow i really must say she is fantastic and you will not regret being trained by her.

As for traveling i do understand, i drive (well hubby does as i can't) from Wolverhampton to Ludlow it takes us just under 1hr. have you thought about the train ??? as this was one of my options and when i drive into Ludlow the train station is only 5 min walk if that (same road) so i might travel by train in september for my day 4.

Good Luck Hun :hug:

lucy x

No, it's not a big deal to travel for good training.

I suppose when she booked, she booked Birmingham for a reason and now this has changed. Thankfully the course hasn't been cancelled completely, so a blessing even if you have to travel to Wales.

I need to do some training in London soon and I'm pooping myself as I don't understand the trains and driving in London is a HUGE no-no for me :eek: I can virtually guarantee that the training session won't see me as I will be completely lost and wandering the street of London !!

Marlise
lol, thats exactly my point i booked brum and they changed it but i have to see the positives, im away from hubby for three days lol (ah thats mean)

Hi hun, I would call them and ask why they haven't offered you Milton keynes? its actualy at Asply Guis and I know from other geeks that Anne and Kelly Swain are still alive and kicking and MK is a dam site nearer to Brum then wales:eek:
i think they were trying to keep to the same dates x

hi,
i'm doing my course at the moment with Marianne Manley in Ludlow i really must say she is fantastic and you will not regret being trained by her.

As for traveling i do understand, i drive (well hubby does as i can't) from Wolverhampton to Ludlow it takes us just under 1hr. have you thought about the train ??? as this was one of my options and when i drive into Ludlow the train station is only 5 min walk if that (same road) so i might travel by train in september for my day 4.

Good Luck Hun :hug:

lucy x
the actual train timetables were a nightmare i would not arrive til mid morning

hi ladies
id just like to thank everyone for the replies and support it makes me feel like im not on my own and that everyone makes the effort which is so nice x

It really is so handy when you can train local to you - however this is so rare. When I trained with LCN it used to be a hard slog along the coast roads to get there and could take up to 2 hours. I felt like I'd done a day's work before I got there! And just recently I had to fly from Spain to the UK for some training! But it was so worth it! I hope you have a great time and enjoy a few days away on your own :hug:

It really is so handy when you can train local to you - however this is so rare. When I trained with LCN it used to be a hard slog along the coast roads to get there and could take up to 2 hours. I felt like I'd done a day's work before I got there! And just recently I had to fly from Spain to the UK for some training! But it was so worth it! I hope you have a great time and enjoy a few days away on your own :hug:
oh yes peace and quiet its been a blessing in disguise.i will learn to appreciate my family more i think but i am so excited at the same time because i am so passionate about nails that i think i might wet myself lol

Sorry doesn't help with your travel times but I just thought I'd point out that Ludlow isn't actually in Wales.

It's in Shropshire, which is in England.

It does look quite a lot like Wales and the people do talk funny but it's definately in England. So at least you're not going to have to cross any borders for your training.
thanks for clarifying that for me i must seem really dumb!

well only as dumb as the rest of us then hun, cos none of us picked up on the mistake rofl

enjoy your training and your peace and quiet lol u lucky thing xxxxxx

i use to travel to oxford from leicestershire for my training (that WAS a trek!) BUT.....i CHOSE to do this because i wanted the BEST.....and i got the best imho (thanks mandini:hug:)

Latest posts

Back