creative flawless pink?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

disco lisa

Reaction score
hiya i'm looking for any tips anyone has got on this powder as i've used it on a client and although she was pleased with it i wasn't really as it seemed to go slightly patchy, anyone else had this problem or is it just my application? x

Just a suggestion but maybe your mix ratio is not right :?:

As Nikki mentioned, the mix may be off.
There is so much pigment in Flawless that your mix will be far more creamier than normal.

The other point is that since there is so much pigmentation, if you put two beads side by side, and your mix ratio isnt exactly the same, your beads will not match up and they will not blend (just like white).
I avoid this by layering the beads to blend instead of putting them next to each other.

Another thing... try mixing tiny amounts of Mosaics in with the Flawless to create custom blends that match the clients skin tone.

thought everyone was ignoring me!!LOL! yeah thought of that is it alot dif to work with than perfect colour pink?

i'll keep practising as it is great in theory but not so great for me if i can't apply it right,i did try mixing some perfect pink in with it but it still came out the same:sad:

Perfect colour pink is very different to work with as it is far more translucent. Its more like working with White.
Dont bother blending with Perfect Colour Pink... try a touch of mosaic or even Perefect Colour Clear ;)

How come you thought everyone was ignoring you? You got 2 answers within 30 minutes ;)

ok thanks for that will go and play:D just eager i suppose!! x

disco lisa said:
hiya i'm looking for any tips anyone has got on this powder as i've used it on a client and although she was pleased with it i wasn't really as it seemed to go slightly patchy, anyone else had this problem or is it just my application? x
hi
i use flawless pink on my nail biters all the time it gives an illusion of a much longer nail bed..i too had the same patchy effect at first but by playing with it on some clear tips i soon found what worked best for me ...i always apply to zone 2 and 3 in one bead ...that way you don't get the patchy effect as your ratio is the same because the bead is the same .i also find it is easier to use a very slightly wetter ratio as this gives you more time to apply in both zones .

and sorry mr geek :o but i have customised my flawless pink with perfect pink powder with excellent results ...it gives a slightly less opaque look (if that makes sense)but still stays a good pink colour...i also use clear which also gives good results just very slightly less pink ..
have a play with it ...i am sure you will find it is a great product..one i certainly could not do without now :biggrin:
hope this helps
debbie

thanks can never have too many tips and ideas!!love this site am finding it helps alot:)

i had the same problem using flawless pink. i bought the 3.7, used on one hand and hated it. I guess it will be an expensive practice powder for me. Way too pink and you could see the beads a lot too!

have to say i love flawless pink...just had my first chance to 'play' with it and wow i have gorgeous long nail beds for the first time in my life :biggrin: lol...the ratio takes a little time to get just right but I'm so thrilled and what a great tool to transform clients nails...there again might just keep it hidden away for me me me LOL

lovelydama said:
i had the same problem using flawless pink. i bought the 3.7, used on one hand and hated it. I guess it will be an expensive practice powder for me. Way too pink and you could see the beads a lot too!

You hated it because it works differently and you didn't know how to use it!!

If you use it right this powder is a godsendin the salon and is NOT meant for everyday use on all clients, BUT on those where you want to cover something up LIKE a bitten nail to make the nail be d look longer.

This needn't be an expensive mistake at all if you learn to use it. There is more pigment so the powder needs to be hndled differently. I layer one bead over the other (insted of butting one zone up to another OR work in one bead for zones 2 & 3. BEAUTIFUL results. There is nothing to hate about this powder if you know how to work it and don't ASSUME that every powder is going to work in exactly the same way.

I love my flawless pink powder..........If you can work your white , then you can work the flawless pink too.............. very similar in ratio and application..........
Yes layer it think roof slates.................... Or mix it with twighlight powder makes it easy to work without marbel effect............
It's not money wasted, you just need to play and get aquainted..............
Just remember as Geeg said it is not a every client need powder, it is more for camoflaging imperfections......................
Just a thought

Hi Ruth

I'm a Newbie and really green as I've only just completed the CND foundation course...so please bear with me. When you say mix flawless with twilight....I'm lost..can you elaborate a little further?

Hi Crystal,

Twilight Powder is one of the Mosaic powders that Creative produced- it has a shimmer / frost look, and when you custom mix Twilight with the Flawless it helps to prevent the 'marble' look that can occur if you have trouble with your mix ratio and/or application.

Flawless Pink itself is an opaque powder- it is a heavier powder and the absorption rate is slightly slower than regular pink.

After you create the bead, turn it over and look at it- you should see a textured surface like orange peel.

The time that it takes you to turn the bead over and look at it allows the powder to absorb into the liquid evenly.

Have fun practicing- take your time & enjoy it!! Hope this helps!

PS- I've enclosed a pic of flawless with soft white extensions. As you can see- they aren't perfect- but it was the best I could do my first time trying it ;)

Attachments

• MaureenFFflawless.JPG
    MaureenFFflawless.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 135
i think that i use flawless more & more every week!
i keep different mixes of it in my film cases.
mr geek was suggesting that you custom prescribe the flawless pink with some of your mozaics. this is because not all of your clients will suit a cool tone like pink.
so, try blending some yellow, orange &/or red mozaic powders( sorry mr geek the correct names have left my brain! :o ), with a 20:1 ratio, in other words minute amounts of colour pigment in your flawless.
if u put 20 scoops of flawless in a pot, then add 1 scoop yellow,mix & try a bead 2 c what it looks like.
then add 1/2 scoop orange & so on.
every time u tweak the mix, place some on a tip & finish to a shine (don't forget to number the tip & write down the colour mix.
this is something that you just have to play with.
for those of u that r less experienced, the mix of flawless & twilight 2:1, is the easiest to get to grips with.
however, there is nothing more satisfying than getting the flawless to work on it's own, it looks gorgeous!!
i've been wearing it on my nils mixed with twighlight all year,
liza xx

My skin has more of a blue undertone and Flawless is too yellow based for my skin. It looks to 'peachy on my nails and against my skin.

I add the minutest amount of Cobalt blue to Flawless and the colour is now perfect for my skin tone.

I'm lucky enough to have a tan from my hols so flawless by itself looks great...don't think it will have quite the effect in winter tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back