Creative Foundation Course - any Advice Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky2512

Reaction score
Hi

Im currently in my 2nd Year of my NVQ Beauty Thearpy Course. Ive Recently done a 4 Day Course in L&P and Gel Nails with Alida (The Edge) and been allowed to submit as an extra unit (BT19).

After reading the Threads and the Really good advice on this site i have decided that i want to learn from the best and maybe my initial training course may well have been a bit of a waste of time (dont get me wrong the Training and Trainer was very good) however after reading from you guys it seems the the ongoing support and education you get from Creative is second to none.

Im just wondering what type of course you would recommend? should i do the whole foundation course or the Creative Conversion Course workshop & skill building?

I did Speak to the Creative iacademy in Loughton but im still a little confused over what would be best, obviously i have covered the A & P in my NVQ units, nail disorders, contraindications etc etc, so not sure if its viable to cover this again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please any help or advice is very gratefully recieved.

vicky xx

It all depends on how confident you feel.
I would probably say try the conversion day AND some skill building classes as well. :green:
You have the basics already, try to further yourself with classes about problem nail types, (bad nail biters and ski-jump nails etc) and sculpting etc. You'll be surprised how much confidence they'll give you.
If you feel that your course that you've completed really hasn't given you the basic skills then the full induction course would be better.
Good luck and congrats on choosing Creative. They're fab!

I did Speak to the Creative iacademy in Loughton but im still a little confused over what would be best, obviously i have covered the A & P in my NVQ units, nail disorders, contraindications etc etc, so not sure if its viable to cover this again.
What did they advise you to do?

I think, if you feel that your initial training wasnt great, I would re-train, and get the best possible training and help that you can. A girl that was on my Foundation with Creative had trained to do nails at college, and found her training to be, in a word, 'shocking', so she chose to totally re-train with Creative! hth's xx

I think what you have to bear in mind here that the free Conversion Course to Creative products....does not teach you how to do nails.
That is why we usually ask that you have a minimum of 6 months to a years experience.
The Conversion Course is to show you how to use the products for the best results. Although it is a PASS, NO PASS day..... If the Ambassador/Educator feels you are not up to standard no Certificate will be issued and you will be advised what route to go next.

If you feel your practical work is not that good and you haven't been shown how to do things properly then the Foundation Course would be a better option......At least you won't have to study the Health & Safety and nail anatomy etc as much if you already know it...which will give you more time to practise the practical side doing it the Creative way!!

Have a look at the tutorials on site here and once you have read them, consider if you are able to apply that knowledge with what you have already been shown on your original training course. If not...then I would recommend the Foundation Course.
HTH

Thanks guys thats some really great advice -

sandi thanks for responding - the lady i spoke to a creative just really left in my hands and gave me both the options. she didnt really advise me one way or another, thats why i thought id ask you guys for your opions based on experience. I personally feel that i would be more confident in my abilities after doing a foundation course and more "educated" if thats the right words to use.

I have the funds available to do the Foundation, but im concerned that a lot of what i will do in that course i will have already covered within the NVQ and other nail course. My Tip application is fine, as is my blending and application, the main areas of concern to myself was my preparation and smile lines. the preperation issue has improved since reading the tutorials on here and i was able to put my finger on what i was doing wrong.

I know this sounds tight but if thats the case id rather put the money towards furthering my skills and funding more courses with creative, but in the same vein i dont want to feel i have "holes" in what i have learnt, as i know that this isnt something that can be acomplished overnight.

Thank you everyone who responded - it is very much appreciated

Thanks guys thats some really great advice -

sandi thanks for responding - the lady i spoke to a creative just really left in my hands and gave me both the options. she didnt really advise me one way or another, thats why i thought id ask you guys for your opions based on experience. I personally feel that i would be more confident in my abilities after doing a foundation course and more "educated" if thats the right words to use.

I have the funds available to do the Foundation, but im concerned that a lot of what i will do in that course i will have already covered within the NVQ and other nail course. My Tip application is fine, as is my blending and application, the main areas of concern to myself was my preparation and smile lines. the preperation issue has improved since reading the tutorials on here and i was able to put my finger on what i was doing wrong.

I know this sounds tight but if thats the case id rather put the money towards furthering my skills and funding more courses with creative, but in the same vein i dont want to feel i have "holes" in what i have learnt, as i know that this isnt something that can be acomplished overnight.

Thank you everyone who responded - it is very much appreciated

It's never a bad thing to reinforce some of the knowledge you already have .. again. Repetition helps to sink information in so that it becomes second nature to know the material instead of just learning it for exams etc. I certainly would not let it put me off if some old ground was covered again on a course I wanted to do.

thank you, thank you for all for the advice - my heads been spinning over this, i think i just wanted confirmation from all that are creative trained, that i was doing the right thing and that was the best option.

i am definately going to do the foundation course i think this is the best option for me taking into account all your help,advice and guidence- thank you once again

Well done on your choice Vicki. Can I just say how great it is to hear someone putting so much thought and effort into their training.
A serious attitude to this industry, should be an example to many.:hug:

thanks odette x

Is the foundation course 4 or 5 days? Then a fortnight later?

Latest posts

Back