Creative Induction course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitten

Reaction score
Hi all, I think this is the right course for me, but thought i'd just check with you lovely geeks! I completed my VTCT Level 2 Nail Enhancements last summer but haven't been doing nails as a job (main job has been office work) but now want to start. Seeing as i qualified a year ago that means i've been qualified for the min 6 months to be able to do this course, but does it really mean that i should have been 'practising nails' for min 6 months, i.e. they'll be expecting me to be a certain standard etc? I don't really have the time or the money to do another beginners course, but don't want to waste my time and money (and dignity!) on this induction course if i'm not experienced enough? Sorry to ramble, but i'm a bit confused! :confused: Any help greatly appreciated! x

Got the following from the Creative Nail Academy website
Liquid and Powder Induction
The Liquid and Powder Induction Course is designed for existing nail technicians who are familiar with other brands of Liquid and Powder or Creative Nail Academy® Foundation students looking to expand into offering Liquid and Powder as part of their service menu. This one-day course covers the basics of working with Creative Nail Design’s award winning Retention+™ using tips and is meant as an introduction.

What will I learn?
In the Liquid and Powder induction course you will cover the following:
Health, safety and sanitation, Natural nail anatomy, Prepping, Tipping, Fast blending, Mix Ratio, Liquid and Powder application over tips, Smile lines, Finishing
I'm a tad confused because in your profile it states that you already use Creatives Retention+
Unless ofcourse you're wanting to convert to Brisa or Fabric# from other brands.

Kitten said:
Hi all, I think this is the right course for me, but thought i'd just check with you lovely geeks! I completed my VTCT Level 2 Nail Enhancements last summer but haven't been doing nails as a job (main job has been office work) but now want to start. Seeing as i qualified a year ago that means i've been qualified for the min 6 months to be able to do this course, but does it really mean that i should have been 'practising nails' for min 6 months, i.e. they'll be expecting me to be a certain standard etc? I don't really have the time or the money to do another beginners course, but don't want to waste my time and money (and dignity!) on this induction course if i'm not experienced enough? Sorry to ramble, but i'm a bit confused! :confused: Any help greatly appreciated! x

Hiya Kitten

I have my induction in 2 weeks & I only finished my VTCT in may. When I spoke to the educators, the lady told me you dont not have to wait ... I cant quite remember why but I think its something along the lines of as its a national recognised qualification.

Its probably best to give them a call ... and they will point you in the right direction! Creative Education HQ on 0113 275 5719

Hi, thanks for the advice so far - i'm a bit confused myself valenciannails! We used creative prods at college when i did my vtct last year, i didn't really understand why we'd got to use it at the time but didn't mind cos i wanted to use creative anyway. I wish i'd known at the time i didn't have to wait the 6 months, i could have gone and done it straight away then! Doh! I'll give the academy a call and find out now. I also want to do the Spa mani/pedi course so can find out about that at the same time. Thanks again! x

Hi helencad! I've just called the academy & they're reassured me that this is the right course for me, :) you just need to be qualified for the 6 months rather than need to have the 6 months experience so that's good. I've also got dates of the next course in August so just need to wait for hubby to get home to approve the finances (lol!) and i'll be able to book! Good luck with your induction course, let me know how you get on! Take care x

Kitten said:
Hi helencad! I've just called the academy & they're reassured me that this is the right course for me, :) you just need to be qualified for the 6 months rather than need to have the 6 months experience so that's good. I've also got dates of the next course in August so just need to wait for hubby to get home to approve the finances (lol!) and i'll be able to book! Good luck with your induction course, let me know how you get on! Take care x

Glad to hear you found some good news!!

Oh Creative didnt tell me that, the ladies said you can go ahead and do the induction course straight after your VTCT as its a recognised qualification ... I asked 2 different ladies so I assume its correct!! :confused:

Good luck with your hubby ...whisper sweet nothings in his ear & he will crack lol!!

just out of curiosity, which acadamy are you planning to attend??

Hi! I've got dates in August for the Leeds academy cos my nearest one in Nottingham is booked up for enhancements until October and haven't got any places for spa mani/pedi this year! Lol! Which one are you going to? Let me know how you get on! Good luck x

Kitten said:
Hi! I've got dates in August for the Leeds academy cos my nearest one in Nottingham is booked up for enhancements until October and haven't got any places for spa mani/pedi this year! Lol! Which one are you going to? Let me know how you get on! Good luck x
good luck hun, you will love it xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back