Creative L+P lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
Hi
This is a long thread but I hope that you can help me. I started doing nails 3 years ago and have only been doing a couple of friends now and again. I done a short course, then have done a conversion course in eziflow and creative. I love the creative nails and find this best to work with and love there opaque powders that they have, especially on myself as I have always been a nail biter and I can have longer nail beds with the opaque powders. The problem is you dont notice the lifting that much with the opaque powders. My nails come out really nice but take me far too long as well and I get lifting.

I am now back at college doing a full nail technician course as I dont have the confidence to go out and do it. I didnt pay much to do this so well worth my while and thought I might learn a few more techniques and get some confidence. I really love doing nails and am very arty but need to get my time down with no lift.

I prep the nails properly, I know that they say lifting is because the nails have not been prepped properly, but I do these properly and still get lifting. I have watched lots of videos to hceck that I dont it right and read loads of books. And of course have spent hours on here trying to find an answer. They also take me at least 3 hours to do with pink and white acrylic, I done a set the other day on a friend using NSI which is what my college uses, I made sure I prepped properly then another mistake of mine is going too near to the cuticle with the acrylic which I know causes lifting, but I made sure that I didnt go onto the cuticle. My friend contacted me today and she has some lifting already after 4 days.

I felt like crying, I just want to do a nice set of nails quicker and ones that last.

Here is my prep using creative

Cool Blue
Cuticle eraser
Push back cuticles and take off any cuticle that is on the nail
client washes hands to get rid of cuticle eraser
buff nail
tips
scrub fresh
primer
acrylic

If I didnt use cuticle eraser because client didnt need it I would do a dry cuticle remove with my cuticle pusher

Although I use rentention I still use primer because of lift and sometimes I have tried nail fresh then scrub fresh, then primer.

On my friends I done the other day I used NSI as this is what im training with at college.

I used sanitise on both our hands
then cuticle disolve
then use cuticle pusher to push back cuticle
use nail pure plus to remove cuticle disolve
then buff natural nail
put on tips
nail pure plus
attract primer
then apply acrylic

Although I cut down my time with my friend by using the white tips and only applying clear acrylic I still got lifting. I dont want to reply on white tips to cut down my time, although we have a good chat, if im using white and pink acrylic they take about 3 hours.

why do they take me so long, I know that I dont do nails that often but dont want to start advertising until im confident that I can do them quicker with no lifting.

I will be covering acrylic again in the next couple of weeks at college but as I said I first passed my nail tech course back in june 2006 and have been doing nails ever since. You would think that I would be quicker by now.
I wish I knew someone who done nails and could tell me what I am doing wrong, obviously I know im doing something wrong but cant work out what. Your help will be very much appreciated.

Funds are limited at the moment as my husbands work has gone very quite which is why I need to get going and do some nails to start earning some money for my family.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Abi :cry:

ok first of all dont worry about your time that will all come with practice i iused to take 3 hrs to do a set and now only about an hour and a half, secondly are you sure your prep is perfect? make sure you get right down in he cutical area and side walls to remove any loose cuticle. After i have done my cuticle work i use a creative scensations wash with water to remove the last traces of cuticle eraser making sure i scrub it well, then i use scrub fresh for about 5 seconds on every nail then remove shine with my koala buffer then scrubfresh again then i apply my tips or forms. If you are sure you are doing this right then it could be your application, is it to thick in zone 3? Your mix ratio? Are you sure you are really pressing down in zone 3 to adhere the l&p to the nail plate. If you go on the tutorial section there is tutorials from geeg and the geek wich are brilliant everything from prep to finishing. Also if you go on the creative website there are video tutorials on there, gigi rouse masterclass book is like an absoloute bible for me lol may be worth getting, and also im sure sweet sqaured are doing some classes in lifting over the next couple of months maybe wort ringing them and finding out hth xx

There are about 3 key things that would make your nails lift that fast:

1. Poor PREP. This is by far the most common. Make sure to read through this. I would also skip Cuticle Eraser and use CuticleAway instead - much more effective.

2. Product on skin. This is VERY common when finding your feet. In the end its better to stay FURTHER away from the skin than try to get too close. This will also help you prevent #3

3. Product too thick back near eponychium. Your lunula is only partially formed nail plate and thus far more flexible than the rest of the natural nail. You need your product paper thin back here.

My suggestion is a little one on one time with an educator. Call S2 and they can put you into touch with your local educator. I bet 1 hour with them would put the kibosh on it ;)

Hope this helps!

ps - for what its worth, it took me up to 6 hours to do full sets for the first several months so you are wayyy ahead of me missy ;)

Sorry you are feeling so low have a look at the poppit group.i use these a lot and they would be a great way to start earning some money. I get very little lifting using them and they look great with polish.if nothing else they get people talking and will build your confidence.there are a few problems to overcome when you first use them but all answers are on this site

popits are great! But Id still work on your getting your traditional application perfect. Popits are a wonderful addition to our industry, I use them to do my own nails and they are great for embedding bits and pieces for nail art. I personnaly dont think its the right thing for a nail tech to be relying on them to get thier application right. Most of us have struggled to start with and with help, advice and as Mr Geek suggested a one 2 one, you will get there!

hi 3 wishes
thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.
Maybe you are right, I do tent to try and make sure that all the cuticle is off of the nail but maybe I am not doing this properly, I will make sure that I am more thorough next time and hope that this helps. Another thing I might be doing is making it too thick near to the cuticle, if this sometimes happens I normally just file it down to make it look thinner as I do try and get the nails to be a sensible thickness and not bulky as this doesnt look nice. You say to use the creative sensation wash with water, how do i use this. Is it like a soap that the client puts on there hands and washes them with water. I will give this a go. I always thought that creative sensations was a cream. Shows what I know. Another thing that maybe I need to concentrate on would be to make sure that I use scrub fresh for 5 secs making sure that I scrub it well. I will make a note of all your suggestions and definately try this out next time I do a set of nails. I definately need to practice more but its hard to find people to practice on. Im doing a set of nails in college within the next few weeks and have told my friend who has some lifting to come back and I will sort them out. I will make sure that I follow these rules and see how she goes. Will keep my fingers crossed that they dont lift again. If they dont lift I will get some confidence back and feel so much better. Thanks again. Abi

hi geek
thank you for your reply, I would love to do a full set in 2 hours but its the white smile lines that take me so long, they do come out looking lovely and I am very much as perfectionist checking all angles of the nails. However aster reading 3 wishes reply maybe I do not scrub enough with scrub fresh and as you said as well think maybe I apply it too thick near the eponychium. I always think that if its too thin it would lift as not enough product so add a little more but I wont do that. I also think that maybe I dont get my beads right as sometimes I have to use more than one bead in zone 2 and more than one bead in zone 3. I know you should only use one bead per zone and put pressure on. When I watch the tuturials they make it look so easy. Cant wait to do a set of nails with the things that everyone has said and hope that I dont get any lift. I will definately be phoning creative and see if they have a lifting class and try and get booked on that if its not too expensive as things are very tight here at the moment.
Thanks again for your help. Abi

Thank you wendy, I have tried poppits once and couldnt do them, I will have a look at the poppits group and give them a go. Thanks. Abi

thank you for your help, yes I would love to do a one to one but would definately need a couple of hours which at the moment I cant really afford unless my husbands work picks up. I have definately picked up some tricks here so I will have a go at that first, and then if Im still having problems I will have to go back to my educator for help and save up some money. As for poppit I found them so hard, I will look at the poppits group and have a look. Thanks again Abi

Is there a nail tech near to you where you coluld ask them if you could buddy with them for a day, and observe?

Is there a nail tech near to you where you coluld ask them if you could buddy with them for a day, and observe?

I would like to say thank you to everyone on here for your help. I recently done a set of nails and made sure I followed all the correct procedures. There has been a very tiny bit of lift on maybe one or two nails but thats better than normal, and my nails always come out looking lovely and my 2 friends always get comments saying how lovely they look. I have booked myself onto a one to one course with creative to get rid of all of my problems, and im sure it will be money well spent so lets hope so. I love doing nails and cant wait to get going.:lol:

Hi, where in essex are you? x

Well done every course with creative is money well spent imo xx

Here is my prep using creative

Cool Blue
Cuticle eraser
Push back cuticles and take off any cuticle that is on the nail
client washes hands to get rid of cuticle eraser
buff nail
tips
scrub fresh
primer
acrylic

I was taught not to use a primer with CND, That my scrub fresh did it all for me, unless i misunderstood?
what primer are you using?

I found a CND Video that shows the steps and the products you should be using. You can not use brands other then CDN in your prep steps as they will not mesh well with the CND.

YouTube- Nail Enhancement P.R.E.P.

Last edited:
I was taught not to use a primer with CND, That my scrub fresh did it all for me, unless i misunderstood?
what primer are you using?

I found a CND Video that shows the steps and the products you should be using. You can not use brands other then CDN in your prep steps as they will not mesh well with the CND.

YouTube- Nail Enhancement P.R.E.P.

Hi

I never mix products, I was always taught to use primer with radical liquid and I know that you dont have to use primer with rentention liquid but you can if you have a prone lifting client. I have also used nail fresh before for that extra bit of adhesion, if I had a client that kept getting lift. Scrub fresh dehydrates the nails and prepares them for nail enhancements, but this is not used as a primer when using radical or moxie liquid. You definately need a primer with that.

If anyone thinks that I am wrong then let me know, but this is how I was taught and I have watched numerous video to confirm that I am doing everything right. Thinking possible my mix ratio is completely right, but will find out when I do my new CND skill course.

Thanks

Hi

I never mix products, I was always taught to use primer with radical liquid and I know that you dont have to use primer with rentention liquid but you can if you have a prone lifting client. I have also used nail fresh before for that extra bit of adhesion, if I had a client that kept getting lift. Scrub fresh dehydrates the nails and prepares them for nail enhancements, but this is not used as a primer when using radical or moxie liquid. You definately need a primer with that.

If anyone thinks that I am wrong then let me know, but this is how I was taught and I have watched numerous video to confirm that I am doing everything right. Thinking possible my mix ratio is completely right, but will find out when I do my new CND skill course.

Thanks

Use of primer is OPTIONAL with CND Radical and Retention+ and Moxie, if you feel you must but in fact I have never used primer with any of the CND monomers. As your prep and application gets better and better, your problems will become less and less, until finally there are none (except for those your clients cause) . :hug:

Hun, I am not going to go over what has already been said.. and I am sure u are well on your way to much nicer nails..
I just wanted to add that when u bulk up zone 3.... then file it back... u may be "shaking" the product loose to begin with... so in a few days time it is lifted.
I always try and make my zone 3 look like the "almost" need an infil... then when i file it flush with my 240 file i wiggle my gel top coat almost right down leaving the 2mm gap.. perfect and flush and shiny... u cant see where it starts and finishes and the client will have nails that last and no lifting
How are u going with your nails now?
x Mel

Latest posts

Back