Creative Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam28

Reaction score
Why are my creative nails lifting after two days in the top corners ???:eek: Is the acrylic supposed to be quite thin at the cuticle end or thick when filed off ??:hug:

Do you think working too wet could cause lifting, its been quite warm in the shop and have been working more wet than normal

the product should be very thin in zone 3

Do you think working too wet could cause lifting, its been quite warm in the shop and have been working more wet than normal

did you have a lifting problem before the heat? and adjusting the ratio?

What grit (coarseness) of file are you using? I use an 80 grit. I've had the same problem in the past and one thing that also helped was discontinuing the use of Bond-aid(dehydrator). I know that will sound crazy to some, but it's hot in Texas and the lifting stopped after that. Hope this helps!
Brooke

What grit (coarseness) of file are you using? I use an 80 grit. I've had the same problem in the past and one thing that also helped was discontinuing the use of Bond-aid(dehydrator). I know that will sound crazy to some, but it's hot in Texas and the lifting stopped after that. Hope this helps!
Brooke

Ok, without wishing to sound argumentative the only thing an 80 grit file should be used for is sanding your door frame with - nowhere near nails or nail enhancements....... Also, the natural nail needs to be deydrated and cleaned of pathogens before l+p application and CND Scrubfresh is the perfect product for that. Stopping dehydrating will not stop lifting.

Did your course not cover the application of and thickness of the product?

Of course it did, it was a creative course, but obviously on the odd ones its not working properly. My question is whether or not anyone else has had lifting and how to resolve it eg. could it be the heat etc, not what I did on my course.

usually lifting in corners (no matter what product) is caused by thickness in the corners, not prepping in corners, or not filing in corners.

It sounds like a "corners" problem, they can be buggers to apply to and even bigger buggars to get the file into, it's a "flick" of the file than can fix this, filing round shapes with a square surface can be awkward.

Of course it did, it was a creative course, but obviously on the odd ones its not working properly. My question is whether or not anyone else has had lifting and how to resolve it eg. could it be the heat etc, not what I did on my course.

I may have missunderstood what you meant. I asked because you asked if it should be thin or thick when filed and you would have been shown how thin zone 3 should be. I didn't know which course you did and there are times when Geeks have issues that are related to what they weren't shown correctly.

If you ask for help then maybe you could try and take all questions as trying to be helpful too.

Lifting isn't anything to do with the product it is how it is applied by the Technician.

Your ratio could be all wrong or you have applied it to close to the skin even your prep there are many reasons why it is lifting.
I use Creative and the only time I get lifting is if I haven't applied it properly.

Thanks very much for all your info xx

Latest posts

Back