Creative Moxie monomer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyuk

Reaction score
Hi all I recently bought some creative nail moxie acrylic monomer I recieved it this morning off of ebay but ive opened it and the smell of it nearly made me sick it was a real strong smell and PURPLE :| can anyone tell me if this is the real stuff please

can i ask why you purchased from ebay and not from a OSNS. Sorry to ask but are you a professional nail tech. If you are then you would know if the moxie liquid should be like this or not.

sorry if you feel i am poking my nose in but ebay should not really be selling professional products and i know that GMG is looking into it. You should only also buy from a direct supplier to ensure your guarantee also and in order to do that you need to be trained in creative products at a creative academy.

just read your profile as well and you say

I did one of those crash courses it was a manicure and nail tech course very intense for 2 days but I did learn alot and my clients are very happy with my work I'm so glad I did this no regrest as of yet.

HAVE YOU BEEN TRAINED BY CREATIVE OR DONE A CREATIVE CONVERSION, IF YOU HAVE THEN YOU SHOULD BE BUYING FROM THEM NOT EBAY

Hi

Ebay is a little bit of a touchy subject on here!

Anyhow your question i am not sure about moxie but ret+ is purple and yes it does have a strong smell, but all liquids do.

One of the problems with buying from places like ebay is just this are you 100% sure its creative moxie liquid in that bottle?? To be honest it could be anything.

Take care x

oh BTW if you are trained you can do a conversion course with creative and all you pay for is your kit the training is FOC but you do need to reach a certain criteria. I would probably say you paid more for your moxie than you would from the OSNS.

Take a look on here :Look_righ http://www.designernails.co.uk/education.aspx

on another thread about ebay Sam aka The Nail Geek said this...
its being looked into. It has been for some time. I actaully have Royal Mail conducting an investigation and will shortly be getting Customs involved as it is being smuggled into this country.
I for one would be very careful getting any of these products from eBay otherwise you may become involved with the investigation.

If you do a search using the words EBAY and ILLEGAL you'll get a list of threads as long as your arm, this is something that always causes a lot of Geeks to speak their minds openly.

hanydanialis said:
just read your profile as well and you say

I did one of those crash courses it was a manicure and nail tech course very intense for 2 days but I did learn alot and my clients are very happy with my work I'm so glad I did this no regrest as of yet.

HAVE YOU BEEN TRAINED BY CREATIVE OR DONE A CREATIVE CONVERSION, IF YOU HAVE THEN YOU SHOULD BE BUYING FROM THEM NOT EBAY

Ok Firstly thanks for replying but i asked about a product has nothing to do wiht the training i have recieved nor whom I trained with i asked a simple question in future i will try not to ask.

Its not up to me what people sell on ebay I know some top nails techs and they do buy stuff from ebay that are genuine.

Sorry to sound harsh but im sick of people saying somthing about the crash course. as though Im not trained ??

if you're happy with the work you produce Kelly then that's great, I don't think Tracey meant it to sound quite like that.

don't keep your questions to yourself, without questions this site wouldn't exist :)

the most important thing here is that buying monomer off ebay isn't a good thing to do regardless of which company we do training with, it's illegal.

Hunny I think you are missing several points here.

Firstly to buy Creative Professional products you need to have done Creative training, I think a lot of us have done crash courses ie short courses, but each manufacturer's product has it's own quirks whihc you need to have had the training to appreciate and use it as it's intended. Creative are trying to stop their products being sold on E-bay for this reason.

Secondly Monomer is a substance that should not be sent in the normal mail as it is highly flammable and by posting it illegally is putting our post men and women at serious risk of injury. Monomer, as with all flammable liquids must be sent by courier.

Thirdly, when you buy off E-bay you take a risk. yes it may be cheaper, but who's to say whether you are getting what you really purchased, or just a cheap monomer repackaged in a Creative bottle.

No one's saying you can't buy whatever you like from E-bay, or Joe Bloggs off the back of a lorry. But if you want the back up guarantess when buying a product then you are far safer to buy from the distributor direct - you know that you are getting what it says on the tin, and if it's faulty then you can have it replaced.

kellyuk said:
Ok Firstly thanks for replying but i asked about a product has nothing to do wiht the training i have recieved nor whom I trained with i asked a simple question in future i will try not to ask.

Its not up to me what people sell on ebay I know some top nails techs and they do buy stuff from ebay that are genuine.

Sorry to sound harsh but im sick of people saying somthing about the crash course. as though Im not trained ??
no one is trying to say that you are not trained as you have done a crash course and im sorry if you feel that way it was not intential

all that i was trying to say is that creative are very careful in how they allow purchases of their liquids and powders and you can not purchase them unless you have had training with them.

ebay is a touchy subject on here as they sell items to non professional that are not trained which can be dangerous. this is why GMG is dealing with these issues and we know that it is not just creative it is other suppliers also.

as alreasy mentioned when purchasing off ebay you can not guarentee its authenticy so for all anybody knows it could be anything in the bottle. the best way to make sure that you are purchasing what you want is to buy direct.

i hope this clarifies anything and please no one is trying to state that you are not trained as you have done a crash course.

good luck in all you do and wellcome to the nail geek web site

hi kelly,
listen hun no-one is having a go at you at all but,
if you buy off ebay then how do you know you are buying a good product and not a cheap version re-packaged.
plus people will be concerned that if you are using a product without the relevant companies training, no one is questioning you as a nail technician but on here we actually care about the nail technicina them selves.
i am not a creative nail technician but i do know that moxi is a fast set monomer so people who have replied to your posts will know that...and you dont say if you are experienced in using that product.
peple on here have your best intersts at heart hun.
in answer to your question i would not buy a monomer on ebay you cannot 100% trust what you recieve.
any how hiya and enjoy the site hun :hug:

kellyuk said:

I don't consider that you're not trained. Afterall, most of us initially did a course that lasted only a few days. Maybe you should stop calling it a crash course.

If you want a little advice Kelly, when you can afford it, try to continue with your education in nails. Things change and improve all the time and you need to keep up with what's going on.

Now, back to the Moxie. Yes, it sounds like real Moxie but that's exactly my point about buying nail products off of e.bay. How do you know that they've not dispensed some MMA into that container. It just ain't worth it is it sweetie?

Just say for example that you really get on with Moxie and your client base and skills improve by using it. So, you run out of Moxie and what you gonna do? You have to be Creative trained to buy their L&P so you'll be stuck. You'll be like a junkie, trying to score some Moxie LOL...............I'm only kidding hun but I think you get my drift.

So, the moral of the story is..............If you're gonna do something, it's worth doing well. xxx

Ok Firstly My applogies to tracey and everyone else :cry: the stuff i have been using is from the nail tech course i did I havent a clue what its called somthing like dalla luce ?? only this creative monomer is totally different from this I'm not going to use this i will just learn from this not only that the system I use is uv and am not sure if this monomer was intended for this use Im just panicing not as to where i can get my products from for a fairly cheap price in cheap i dont mean just any old stuff i mean good stuff but a little cheaper, this monomer i bought ending up costing me £25 so i think ive been add

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice and sorry once again :o

Lmaoooo kimmi junkie yeah that sounds about right lmaoo can anyone point me to the direction of a nail supplier PLEASE oh and on the training note i start college in sept doing hair beauty/ nails so i hope to be better thank again

glad it's all sorted and we're all mates again :hug:

going slightly off thread... who did you train with? it might give everyone a better idea as to the advice they offer if they know which products etc you use.
finding a good supplier will depend on the products you use.

dont worry it ok

firstly do you know what supplier your college uses for their course, the reason being it is sometimes easier to practice using their system then changing from one to another. you should get a kit with your college course, i know i did and i used that to start with.

one thing i will advise do not go out and try to purchase everything in sight that looks good, very expensive and you may not use it again.

once you have qualified you will be able to do other training with suppliers such as creative, ez flow, etc and once you have done this you will be able to purchase their products.

you said you did a 2 day course what company did you do this with and i assume you got a kit with that, practice with that and if you have run out go back to them and purchase some more,

we all try and help each other out on here with all sorts from advice on nail products etc to morale to hair die colours (right kimmie - have you gone red yet !!!)

dont be afraid to ask anything, the more you ask the more you know, knowledge is a great thing

take care

lol yeah i trained with enails

See can all liquids and powders be used under uv ?

unless you're using a high gloss gel topcoat then there isn't any need to UV cure with a generic L+P system.

personally i have not heard of them

did you train in gel nails , are you curing them under a uv light as this may help understand a bit more what you are using

So without using uv does the arcylic just set on its own ?

kellyuk said:
Lmaoooo kimmi junkie yeah that sounds about right lmaoo can anyone point me to the direction of a nail supplier PLEASE oh and on the training note i start college in sept doing hair beauty/ nails so i hope to be better thank again

Good for you Kelly. The best of luck to you. xxx

Latest posts

Back