Creative nail design - whats happened???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda

Reaction score
Hi everyone
okay, im gonna get slaughtered for this no doubt but here goes.....As salon owner that has been loyal to CND i feel i must have may say......
I subscribed to this site many moons ago and don't post very often due to running a very sucsessfull nail and beauty salon. I try every now and again to see how everythings going in the ' nail tech world!')
I use creative nail design products and have been really happy with the system over the years. I visit the states often so usually buy from there but do rely on my one stop nail shop in manchester lots of items.
I feel let down by creative and hyperion that i cannot get the product that i need (and have been promised ) by my supplier. I understand that hyperion has now gone into liquidation but the daughter of the owner of hyperion has now taken over the creative distribution (maybe i,m wrong please correct me if so) H
How can i be assured that it wont happen again ???/

Hi there so does this mean that all the nail techs that where supposed to be taking there master qualifications exam in the summer, can now do so hopefully in devon, i am truly sorry for the people involoved in the upset but I and many other techs feel so let down that we where so close and yet so far (cor how corny!) but if anyone could let me know if I can sit my last exam or have I got to start from scratch. x

leaving us in the lurch!!!, cant get products or training we've paid for, we have the right to discuss company experiences on this board! Or have we moved the goal posts!!!!

leaving us in the lurch!!!, cant get products or training we've paid for, we have the right to discuss company experiences on this board! Or have we moved the goal posts!!!!

Hi Amanda

I think to ensure that you get the correct up to date info its best to go direct to the horses mouth.

As you'll see in the links its been discussed to death!

If you call sweet squared im sure they'll bring you right up to speed hun:hug:

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think this is a little unfair. I agree its frustrating to have been caught up in the recent problems, I was right in the middle of training when this happened, however it was Hyperion that caused these problems, and the new company, Sweet Squared, have done everything they possibly can to rectify any problems that the liquidation of hyperion caused. They finished my training even though it was hyperion that I paid for the training. I dont know if you have any experience of being caught up in a company going into liquidation, but there usually is no notice of this happening, you just turn up for work one day to be told you no longer have a job, and so I think there is very little anyone could have done to prepare techs for this. As someone has mentioned earlier, I think you should read the threads, then take your concerns directly to the company, Sweet Squared.

Pardon me for bringing this up, but I have a small question...

Isn't "liquidation" and "busted" the same thing? From my English dictionary it looks like it's nearly the same, enlighten me if I am wrong!

And another thing... What is the difference between Hyperion and Sweet Squad? As I see it, it's only the name???

C.

It is not our place to go into the ins and outs of personal circumstances which have contributed to a company going into liquidation. You are correct that liquidation, bust, and there are many more terms meaning the same thing.

Hyperion Group was made up of many more people than just the Sweets in management roles.

Hi everyone
okay, im gonna get slaughtered for this no doubt but here goes.....As salon owner that has been loyal to CND i feel i must have may say......
I subscribed to this site many moons ago and don't post very often due to running a very sucsessfull nail and beauty salon. I try every now and again to see how everythings going in the ' nail tech world!')
I use creative nail design products and have been really happy with the system over the years. I visit the states often so usually buy from there but do rely on my one stop nail shop in manchester lots of items.
I feel let down by creative and hyperion that i cannot get the product that i need (and have been promised ) by my supplier. I understand that hyperion has now gone into liquidation but the daughter of the owner of hyperion has now taken over the creative distribution (maybe i,m wrong please correct me if so) H
How can i be assured that it wont happen again ???/

Yes the Hyperion Group did go into liquidation ( or go bust Cec)....it closed on July 27th and officially went into liquidation on 17 AUGUST!!
it is now the middle of October!!!!
Even I ,as a former employee, feel this is OLD news.

There is a new distributor....and I fear Samantha may have choked on her cornflakes this morning reading she is the daughter of the owner of Hyperion !!!!:lol:

Things have moved on....and some people too:o....but all this negativity really should be behind us now.

Read the linked threads and find out what you have missed, and if anyone still has concerns re stock or training, then go and get your information from the direct source, Sweet Squared or your nearest sub distributor,that way it won't be tainted with gossip!!!!!

As regards buying stock in the U.S. I would advise you also read this thread.... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/61087-product-diversion-buying-non-authorised-souces.html

Latest posts

Back