Creative Nail Design-worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercedes69

Reaction score
in a house, in a wood, a little old man by the win
I am sticking my neck out here and preparing for an earbashing...:smack: but I feel I have to say it all the same... just don't hate me for it ... and if you do... i'll survive :cry:

I have been coming on this site for a while because I want to train as a nail technician. I don't want to do a home learning course - ( money making scams as far as I can see ) I can't go to college ( 5 kids, 37 years old and live in Spain...doesn't make that easy for me ) so the only real option is to train on a course for a specific product.

So which one?
I have been reading the threads with intrest and the one that pops up the most is Creative Nail Design. I find that there are many Geeks who are fiercely protective of this brand and it seems that this is a very pro CND site ( obviously I guess with Mr and Mrs Geek being closely associated with Hyperion ).
Anyway I figured something that brings out the 'passionate' side of people must be good so maybe that should be my direction. So I try and find somewhere I can train here in Spain in my area..but alas I am struggling with that so my next option was training at the academy in Manchester as I am from that area originally.
Now here comes the but...
Why should I bother if I will have trouble getting supplies?
It always seems to be the CND geeks who have trouble with their orders....
I have seen replies from people saying you should stock up in advance...this is easier said than done...and shouldn't that also apply to the distributors?
If the company behind CND closes its doors..and it's associates also..without explanation to its loyal customers surely that is worrying? If you advertise you are a CND technician but you don't have enough stock to do your trade what happens? You are told to hang in there...but what about your income? Can you wait for that?

I feel this is never addressed properly. I really would like to go down the CND route...but I cannot abide recurrent stock problems ( I was a Weight Watchers leader and stock issues made my life hell ).

Some of you are going to say go down another route.. NSI...EZflow etc which is a fair comment....

Anyway I was just hoping someone could perhaps put my mind at rest...which way should I go? Should I have faith in this company?

Ok...let battles commence...I will just go for a swim by the pool...drink a vodka or two...get all mellow and calm in anticipation of a good telling off or two....

:rolleyes:

You are in Spain (like me and many other CND users) and will be able to get Creative stock here without problem.
We even have some things here before they are released in the UK!

Regarding training in Spain, why don't you ask Gigi (geeg) to recommend someone, I'm sure she'll be more than happy to help you out.

to be honest i don't think it is going to be an on going problem, they had just taken on too much i haven't had a problem with get supplies in my area, why don't you pm Gigi about training she is in spain and may be able to help you out xx

Hi Mercedes

It's good to see someone thinking everything through and sounding out some of the valuable advice you get on here! Valencia Nails and Gigi will help you much further.

There is no doubt that the poor old United Kingdom has suffered stock problems, but there are plans being implemented as we speak to make things 100s times better than before.

One of the most wonderful things about CND is that it doesn't just make great products, it makes great nail technicians - that is why CND has such loyal and passionate followers - despite everything that has happened with stock, CND will remain the world leader in hand and foot beauty and will continue to innovate the most wonderful techniques and products to elevate the standards in this industry.

Hi Mercedes

It's good to see someone thinking everything through and sounding out some of the valuable advice you get on here! Valencia Nails and Gigi will help you much further.

There is no doubt that the poor old United Kingdom has suffered stock problems, but there are plans being implemented as we speak to make things 100s times better than before.

One of the most wonderful things about CND is that it doesn't just make great products, it makes great nail technicians - that is why CND has such loyal and passionate followers - despite everything that has happened with stock, CND will remain the world leader in hand and foot beauty and will continue to innovate the most wonderful techniques and products to elevate the standards in this industry.

Another great thing being their Education Ambassadors of course :hug:

Well it seems I didn't need the vodka after all....thanks everyone for the replies and PM's. :hug:

I have seen suppliers here in Spain... there was one in Alicante but I thought they were maybe illegally operating...I have seen posts about not ordering from unauthorised suppliers. Not that I am yet anyway!

I will definately PM Gigi-Geeg. Years ago there was a lot of training options here but they seem to have all but disappeared. I have spent that long researching which way is the best to go...reading manuals etc looking at various systems...that everyone seems to have upped ship.

Anyway I feel a little better...thanks again for the advice.
I only brought it up as like I said... I have had stock issues myself previously with WW and I know the knock-on effect this has. I am just one of those annoying people who researches everything thoroughly before jumping in head first! You could say I am a true Geek :eek:

xxx

I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle. Hyperion are distributors only and NOT Creative. You have a Creative distributor in Alicante if I'm right so why not train in Spain and get your stock from there?

You can't beat CND for products and prestige. It's a bit like training with Toni & Guy. The name will open doors for you. xx

ooooooh I am not very good when it comes to who is who...all I know is Hyperion and CND are somehow connected...I don't know the difference between a wholesaler, distributor, supplier etc etc....
I only basically wanted to know if I was going to go the Creative route then would I have stock problems further down the line ( I have had my question answered btw ). It may seem as though I picked up on the Hyperion thread but it had come to my attention before this - I just thought now would maybe be a good time to ask about what was bothering me.

I know there is 'someone' in Alicante who stocks Creative but there was no way of knowing if they were genuine or not. It can be very confusing.

As for training...it isn't as easy as it sounds in the area I am in...or it is and I have not yet found it. When I say training I mean with Creative... there are other systems/training here.... but I have my nails 'done' and as yet I have not had anyone do them well...infact far from it.... and this is from 'trained' nail technicians with certificates on the wall! Home learning certificates have a lot to answer for I think.

Oh dear now I am going way off my own thread....:irked:

Okay do you want the good news or the bad news first!

Well let's start with the gooooood news. The best place to do your training is Gigi! Yup she does foundation courses out here - you can tell when you see people's nails out here who have been trained by her, they stand out a mile for their quality. You couldn't want for better training if you tried ... and the best bit is she is only in Benissa! Yaaay

As for Creative, it's a well known brand out here and people do ask if you use Creative products quite regularly. So that's a bonus for your business! People love the SpaPedicures and at this time of year we do loads, with a lot of repeat business through the summer. As you can see on our website, we don't just advertise that we do nails - we advertise that we do CREATIVE nails.

I get my supplies out here now and I don't have any problems at all ... but I still hate paying the bill!!!!!!!!! :lol: I'll pm you the details!

So now the bad news - well the good news is THERE ISN'T ANY!!!

lol Sassy....:lol:

Creative In Spain

Hi there Creative techs in Spain.

Just to clarify the situation with Spain. We have over 26 registered distributors throughout Spain with excellent education Ambassadors and product availability is not a problem out there providing you go through the registered supplier for the province that you are in. I myself am a distributor and Academy in the provinces of Cadiz and Huelva. However the month of August is National Close down due to Spanish Holidays. There are a few trainers in Allicante both English and Spanish plus of course Gigi. If you have any difficulties finding a local distributor or Academy in Spain then feel welcome to contact myself and i will endeavour to help with your needs.

Creative Nail Design are and will remain No1 in the world through its passion of educating Ambassadors and Creative technicians, not forgetting everyone who supports and work behind the scenes.

I hope this helps you further with your choice off training and system.

Tracey

The Creative Ambassadors are out in force tonight!! LOL:lol:

The Creative Ambassadors are out in force tonight!! LOL:lol:

I think this is one of the great things about the site. People are always here to give their help and advice when we need them.
What would we all do if the site didn't exist eh?

For what it's worth I don't think you can get better training than Creative - and if you can get Gigi then I am jealous!!!:lol::lol:

Good luck!:hug:

I agree, you wont get better training in my opinion, and you are in Spain so I wouldnt be worried about the distribution. x

I think this is one of the great things about the site. People are always here to give their help and advice when we need them.
What would we all do if the site didn't exist eh?

Well I for one would be a better mum to my 5 children :eek: Try changing a nappy with a wriggling child in one hand and a laptop in the other!

Regarding training from Gigi and stock/deliveries....there has to be something positive to living in a country with billion degree heat during summer...

Being halfway between Alicante and Valencia you will have a greater choice. There are 2 Tevian stores in Valencia city that sell CND products, one of which is really easy to get to, the other one not so easy unless you know your way around lol

know my way around Valencia????

Well I know the train station...and the El Corte Ingles stores....and all the shops inbetween...and thats it!!!!!

Oh I know the airport well...:lol:

Definately Creative all the way for me!!
I absolutely love their products, training and everything about them!! They are the best in my eyes and I would never go with any other company for nail products and training. Their approach to training is brill and they will help and guide you to become the best nail tech you can be.
Any problems they are having at the moment WILL be solved, I have 100% faith in that. Also, Today I have seen the new things they are launching (the lovely Amanda Fontannarossa showed me) and WOW they are exciting!!! :lol::lol:

Well while I have to agree that creative have a wonderful product range, fantastic training and great educators who never make you feel that you are asking a stupid question even when you know that you are, I have to draw the line on all these ex pat geeks living it up in Spain:smack: On behalf of all of us who are forced to live in soggy old Blitey ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE SUNSHINE AND HAPPINESS STUFF:lol: We admit it, were jealous:irked: ok, are you happy now:irked::) carry on like this and you'll wake up one morning and find a load of soggy brits camped in your back gardens:lol:

Latest posts

Back