Creative Nail Enamels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon Green

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how much the individual Creative nail enamels are to buy from the catalogue and how much I should retail them for?

Thanx

£2.95 to buy, £8.50 to retail

(Well I seem to be on a roll tonight :oops: ). Our Creative Colours sell for £2.95 + VAT and retail from £8.50 UP!!! Remember it's a professional enamel - Chanel 'polish' costs £14.00 and Creative is 10 times the enamel - we just have one 'C' rather than 2 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: We do seasonal collections (latest Summer one is Bazaar), some collections come with 2 of each colour - one to sell, one to use and others (like Bazaar) come with 4 colours - very easy to retail one or entire collection - depends how good your retail skills are :rolleyes: ;)

...and Mrs Geek ....I'm still waiting for the Creative Colour League....to show us what's hot and what's not for particular seasons! Any chance of getting something like that set up....with the top 10 of the moment or something? As soon as you tell the client "oh this is the No. 1 top seller" they invariably say "oh yes, I'll take that then"!

When you say its 10 times the polish that Chanel is, tell me, how is Creative "a professional enamel".....just curious about the differences between the enamels/polishes??????

Gotta say - I just love the creative enamels and so do my clients :D

Hollyballoo said:
When you say its 10 times the polish that Chanel is, tell me, how is Creative "a professional enamel".....just curious about the differences between the enamels/polishes??????

Professional grade enamels use TSF resin as their base.
TSF Resin became controversial in the states about 10 years ago when some doofus brought about a class action lawsuit against manufacturers of enamels because the T in TSF is Toluene.
Toluene vapors can be hazardous to your health and he saw it as a ticket to buy a new Ferrari.
The consumer manufacturers settled out of court and signed a statement to never use TSF resin before any test results came back.
The professional companies said 'that’s a bunch of horse manure' and waited.
The results? The average level of Toluene in a busy salon is below 200 times the safety threshold limit.
That means you would have to stick the vapor from 200 salons together and huff and puff before you would begin to breach the safety threshold (you will expose yourself to significantly higher levels from second hand smoke).

All in all this means that professional companies can still use it... but the consumer manufacturers cant.

Aside from the tech stuff... the fact of the matter is that professional enamels will also have a much greater tendency to use higher grade ingredients and pigments.
That means less staining and better coverage.

Wow thanks for that Geek - it made for very interesting reading. Now I know exactly what I can tell any clients who moan at my prices and say they prefer their good old Estee Lauder or Chanel polishes (even though in actual fact, their polishes are even more expensive aren't they?) just why they should be buying from my Creative stock of enamels!

Thanks a mill.......

I found this very good reading and informative, thanks fo the information.

Thanx for the info guys & girls. Next question.......where can I get a colour chart so that I know which colours I am ordering?

For anyone who has not read it...I would highly recomend the book by Doug Schoon - Nail structure and product chemistry. It explains how and why products work including enamels/top coats/base coats..it is verrry interesting to know why products have the properties they do!

mandi, my Doug schoon book only arrived two days ago and i have read three chapters and i love the questions at the end of each chapter (especially when i can answer them :D )

Worth a read as you have suggested. I will definitely be ready for my Creative course on the 18th of august :D

Can't wait love Linda.x

Another thing the customer is getting when they buy a Creative enamel is a kick a__ brush. Brushes vary enormously because, the better the brush, the more expensive it is!! Anyway, the brush in the Creative enamel is fab and 'fans' out perfectly at the cuticle for a perfect line and coverage.

Another point re Creative enamels is they DRY really fast ... you just compare with any other brand. Really fast set and with solar Speed Spray even faster!!

Another few good selling points for your clients --- I mean --- this is why professionals use professional enamels and NOT high street brands --- so they get better coverage, better brush, higher quality enamel with more pigment, and a faster drying time.

Clients are getting a definite perk from you to be able to buy professional quality enamels!

Just wanted to know what colours in Creative enamel that people would advise me to get as i want to start collecting them to use on my clients :?:

Thanks peeps love Linda.x :D

Oops! also recommended base coat and top coat please.x

geeg said:
Another thing the customer is getting when they buy a Creative enamel is a kick a__ brush. Brushes vary enormously because, the better the brush, the more expensive it is!! Anyway, the brush in the Creative enamel is fab and 'fans' out perfectly at the cuticle for a perfect line and coverage.

Another point re Creative enamels is they DRY really fast ... you just compare with any other brand. Really fast set and with solar Speed Spray even faster!!

Another few good selling points for your clients --- I mean --- this is why professionals use professional enamels and NOT high street brands --- so they get better coverage, better brush, higher quality enamel with more pigment, and a faster drying time.

Clients are getting a definite perk from you to be able to buy professional quality enamels!

Absolutely Geeg - you put it so well ;) - I couldn't interest you in a sales position with me could I lol:......I wish I could be better at selling but a few of my clients are so stubborn and "stuck in their ways"...they persistently bring their own polish along, because its their favourite colour ....goes with their lipstick etc, etc. I know its their choice of course but it is sooooo irritating having to use some of the polishes they turn up with...some of them are dreadful and yes, like you say Geeg....the brushes invariably don't do as they should...AND you usually need 3 coats of them!

Must say though, I did manage to pull one client over to Creative when she saw my test nail of Satin Sheets - I think Mrs Geek kindly recommended that one and it is gorgeous.....just a case of getting them ALL over to buying and using my Creative enamels.... :rolleyes:

I can't wait to get some Creative Enamels. Any suggestions on some good colours to start my collection?

Hi Linda

LindaH73 said:
Just wanted to know what colours in Creative enamel that people would advise me to get as i want to start collecting them to use on my clients :?:

I did pose a similar question some time back but I just can't find it now - got a great response with loads of favourites and also Geek (I believe) posted a top 10 of current best-sellers at the time...I'll keep looking.....

If you do lots of French manicures and would like some really nice variations, try the Lulu collection which is a set of 12 fab polishes.

Also, my personal favourite at the moment is Satin Sheets and on my quieter, more subdued days, Negligee which is a top-seller too and very popular....

LindaH73 said:
Also recommended base coat and top coat please.x

Can answer that one right now :D - Creative Stickey basecoat, and the wonderful Super Shiney top coat. If the client is in a real rush, I occasionally use Out the Door, invariably on nail art, but I do prefer SS personally....

Do you know what I and my clients really, really love...Dry and Shine (to dry polish and condition) - you brush it all over the nail and cuticles and then buff to a wonderful shine with a tissue...it feels absolutely wonderful on...really nicely conditioned cuticles and a lovely feel to the nails....I'm a bit concerned though that it doesn't appear in the latest brochure and I think it may be phased out....I do hope not :(

Hi Paola,

thanks for the advice i will invest in those and have a look to see if i can find the other post about nail enamel colours.

Many thanks love Linda.x

Is the Lulu collection still available and how much is it?

Also, what are the colours you get in it?

Hi there!

The Lulu collection is still available and it is £35.40,
it contains 6 lovely light whites and creams including bestsellers....Cold shoulder, Romantique, Mystere and many more!

it also contains 6 lovely shades of pink including.....moonlight and Roses, Sheer contentment and light diffusion. :D

the lulu collection has been hugely popular as you get every colour you need for your perfect french nails!

hope this has helped!

David

Hi David

Do you know what the story is with Dry & Shine? When I spoke to someone at the One Stop Nail Shop they said they thought it was being phased out, particularly as it is not featured at all in the new brochure?

Do I need to get stocking up fast...or is there a replacement product waiting in the wings?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back