Creative Nail Place 'Deluxe Practise Hand'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
I've been mooching around on the net today, under the pretence of researching an essay (anyony au fait on 'the development of below the line promotion'?), and came across a supply website called 'Beauty for Nails'.
They sell on their nail art page what I guess is their own version of the Nail Trainer.

http://www.creativenailplace.com/Tech_pages/art_tools.htm#v6 - scroll about 2/3s of the way down.
Now, it doesn't look as fancy as the nail trainer to me - for a start it doesn't clamp to a table, but I wonder if it's any good? At £25 it's obviously about £100 less than the 'proper' nail trainer, but I wonder if it's £100 worse? I also like the idea of their single finger, for practising nail art, which is something I'd like to get a head-start on before I find my courses, seeing as it can be done on natural nails. I'd just do it for friends and myself for parties and things, but it seems like a good idea.
I just wondered if anyone knew whether this product was any good, and if the site is a reputable supplier?
Hmmm, yet more questions from me....!:o

Lol x

The nail trainer is well worth the money for it is truly life-like unlike this hand on the site link.

With the nail trainer, every joint in the finger moves, the wrist turns etc. This hand is a stiff piece of equipment that in no way resembles or moves like a life-like-hand.

The nail trainer has detachable nail beds so you are not gluing anything onto it but only onto the nail. When finished take it off and start again with nail art or anything youwish like sculpting or tip and overlay.

If youcan spring the cash for it ... get the best.

I have the proper Nail Trainer and it is the best investment I made. Well worth the money! I did purchase a practice hand of e-bay which is a waste of space.

I have just noticed a post from Claire McAndrew who is selling a Nail Trainer. Have a look at the thread.

I have tried one of these practice hands, thinking it would be good to use as a display hand to show clients white/natural tips...... It was a total waste of money....and very difficult to use.
I have a nail trainer which is much better value for money!!! I would definately oinvest in a nail trainer!

Sue
geeg said:
The nail trainer is well worth the money for it is truly life-like unlike this hand on the site link.

With the nail trainer, every joint in the finger moves, the wrist turns etc. This hand is a stiff piece of equipment that in no way resembles or moves like a life-like-hand.

The nail trainer has detachable nail beds so you are not gluing anything onto it but only onto the nail. When finished take it off and start again with nail art or anything youwish like sculpting or tip and overlay.

If youcan spring the cash for it ... get the best.

bimbogeri said:
I've been mooching around on the net today, under the pretence of researching an essay (anyony au fait on 'the development of below the line promotion'?), and came across a supply website called 'Beauty for Nails'.
They sell on their nail art page what I guess is their own version of the Nail Trainer.

http://www.creativenailplace.com/Tech_pages/art_tools.htm#v6 - scroll about 2/3s of the way down.
Now, it doesn't look as fancy as the nail trainer to me - for a start it doesn't clamp to a table, but I wonder if it's any good? At £25 it's obviously about £100 less than the 'proper' nail trainer, but I wonder if it's £100 worse? I also like the idea of their single finger, for practising nail art, which is something I'd like to get a head-start on before I find my courses, seeing as it can be done on natural nails. I'd just do it for friends and myself for parties and things, but it seems like a good idea.
I just wondered if anyone knew whether this product was any good, and if the site is a reputable supplier?
Hmmm, yet more questions from me....!:o

Lol x
I bought a hand that looks very similar to this one, on ebay for £9.99 + P&P. The hand I bought, all the nails are the same size, there's no free edge, they just curve round with the finger, and the cuticles are hard & up to 1/2 cm high! You cannot get a file anywhere near the nail bed, so you are not learning how to file as you would on a real person.

Now the Nail Trainer, that's a different story. You can replace the nails so you can use it again and again, the nails come in different sizes and shapes including nail biter, regrowth & damaged, and the fingertips are fleshy & move like real skin. Add to this the fact that the fingers move like real ones, and I'd say that Sonny (that's the name of my Nail Trainer - seen i Robot yet?!) is worth £200 more than the other one! I managed to do one set of nails on the cheapy, but they look really silly being the same size, and I don't imagine it'll be in very good condition if I removed the tips. The only use I feel I have for it now is in my window showing nail polish colours.

There is a use for these as I say to show polish, but for training I'd use a Nail Trainer every time!
jumping-smiley-010.gif
jumping-smiley-010.gif
jumping-smiley-010.gif
jumping-smiley-010.gif
jumping-smiley-010.gif

I agree that the Nail Trainer is brilliant & I can't imagine training on anything else, apart from real fingers maybe! Why not go to Excel & have a look at the Nail Trainer & meet all the Geeks who are meeting up. Also, the Nail Trainer is included with the Creative courses so it must be good.

I have one of these hands which I bought at one of the shows for about £8! Total waste of money however much you pay! I now have a nail trainer that I bought off a fellow geek that will become far more useful!

I think you've got your answer bimbogeri ... 100% for the nail trainer.

The Creative Nail Academy was the first training center to commit to the nail trainer and include it in the price of our courses 5 years ago!!! I believed in it so much, and even had a little hand in designing it.
There is absolutely no doubt that those who use it come on much quicker than those who don't.
Live models are not always easy to find, and can sometimes demand more of you than you can give.
With the nail trianer you can do one nail at a time, when it is convenient for you. Using it takes all the pressure off you to perform in a certain time limit.

Before I got my nail trainer, I used to stick tips to marigold gloves stuffed with sugar. I used them as the nails, then I used either more tips or sculpted on top. My college even suggested we did this to practise on if we didn't have practise hands.

That did me proud! In fact I sometimes prefer it except it doesn't look as good when you rip the nails off to record what you have done!

The only problem with my proper nail trainer now is trying to get forms on the thumb! They are too big! LOL
Well worth it though.If you have he chance to get one, then I recommend it! You can pick them up on ebay sometimes.

Sam X

The only thing I would say is that as much I love the trainer and continue to use it, it shouldn't replace live models. The trainer is fantastic but you don't get wear and tear - eg. when I first started out, I did a few perfect sets on the trainer, but when it came to models, they looked great at first but lifted in a week! You can't see that on a nail trainer. Luckily, I sorted that out!

Let us know if you buy one!

Well worth it. XXX

Latest posts

Back