Creative Nail polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Vetty I have polishes which are over 2 years old and so far I haven't had a problem.
I do twirl them in my hands for a while before I use them this mixes them really well remember not to shake them as it adds **air bubbles and makes it uneven when applying.
**Please correct me if this is wrong I was told this by my Educator:hug:

Creative enamels are fabulous!
If you are applying 2 or 3 thick coats then they will take an age to dry, but if you are coating the nail thinnly then will dry very fast!
Most of their enamels only need one coat anyway, they have great coverage!
I have some enamels that are about 2-3 years old and they are still free flowing and apply beautifully!
As others have said you should never shake enamels simply roll them between your palms.

If you are unhappy with the enamels then bin them and move onto a different brand. Not everybody can like one thing can they! :hug:xx

i love my creative polishes as much as my clients

The one comment i do get from clients is the brush is not long enough and when the polish get so far down they struggle to get it out and there is quite a lot left in the bottle.

Is there any plans to extend the brushes Geeg xxxx

I have always used Creative polishes as well as OPI and have never had a problem with Creative. I have polishes that I have had from the very start about 3years old and they are still great.

I have worked in a few salons where the technicians tamper with the polishes, ie use thinners, etc, which badly affect the polish in every way.

Overall im no longer a fan partly due to the stock problems, can you believe ive not got a polish rack and ive been waiting for one since the beginning of the year !!!

Yes I agree, we stock only Creative but the stock situation in this country is beyond ridiculous. I have been unable to purchase any hotshots since summer 06 and have had to resort to ebay to buy them.

The polishes - We find that they do last longer than other polishes but some of the colours can be difficult to work with. Decandence in particular is a pain as it takes a while to dry and we always end up chucking the whites as they go thick very quickly. however Creative have such a good reputation and by and large our clients like them and come to us because of them. I find most nail techs have their favs :)

Donna x

Its the whites I have mainly tried and yes really thick - glad its not just me.

If your short of some colours let me know - there might be some as we have lots at the salon for retail that havnt been opened.

Just wondered what everyone thinks of these nail polishes, the last nail tech left loads when she left and I hate them, I find them difficult to put on and they dry so slowley, Wish I could get rid of them all.:mad:

They are probably old and have had things added to thin them.
Best advice.... bin them and get some new ones. I've not had any probs with Creative, OPI or Orly enamels but I know myself where they have been stored and how well they have been looked after.
Maybe your application is a little thick?
Give it another go on yourself with 2 thin coats and see how they dry.
hth

It may be that the person you got them from hasn't looked after them properly or they may have been in sunlight in the salon which will ruin most polishes.

Why not try cleaning all the lids and bottle necks and giving them good roll in your hands.

Like all polishes they like thin coats being applied, if you re finding they are thick and gloopy it sounds like they weren't cherished. With the creative white you can add creative sticky base coat and it thins it back out again.
i have polishes from creative that are over 3 years old and still going strong.

HTH

Excellent - got loads of stick base coat so will try it

For your white CND polish that gets thick (or any of your other CNDs with lots of pigment, such as Company Red), stick it in your pocket at the beginning of your service. The polish thins out as it warms up ("thixotropic" is the term, I believe). Give it a try! :)

I love Creative Nail polishes, I have tried many but they are just my favourite. Last ages, nice brush, big favourite with all my clients to..

For your white CND polish that gets thick (or any of your other CNDs with lots of pigment, such as Company Red), stick it in your pocket at the beginning of your service. The polish thins out as it warms up ("thixotropic" is the term, I believe). Give it a try! :)

Wow that's such a fab tip. The only creative enamel I seem to have thickness problems with is the white, and there is still a fair amount left in the bottle. I will definitely try this one next time!

yep this does do the trick (also works fab with brisa uv top coat) most of my creative enamels I have had for 4 years and have only replaced them when they have run out, I did find at first I did have problems with them drying. but this was down to MY application. 2 thin coats does the job, fab colours that last xx

Thanks everyone. Opened a couple of the retail ones last night and warmed it up first and put some sticky in the white and yes they are loads better - thank you all.

Latest posts

Back