Creative Nail polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larnie

Reaction score
Just wondered what everyone thinks of these nail polishes, the last nail tech left loads when she left and I hate them, I find them difficult to put on and they dry so slowley, Wish I could get rid of them all.:mad:

I presume everyone likes them as I have had no response. Must be just me.

Sorry hon. Can't say I've ever heard of Creation nail polishes...

Will do a quick surf of the net! :green:

They do all the Creation powders for Acrylic that everyone talks about on here

Hmmm... can't seem to find much info about Creation, actually.

Tell you wot. If you really want to get rid of them, why not post a message on GeekBay and you might even get some pennies for them! :green:

PS... don't worry about not getting instant replies to your posts. The boards tend to be fairly quiet during the day. It's usually just naughty peeps like me who are surfing the net while they're at their day job that are on here at the mo! :green: :hug:

STUPID STUPID ME

I meant Creative not creation - can I edit the title of my post.

OOooh Creative!

Think you'll find lots of peeps on this site swear by Creative, myself included as I'm just doing the Creative Foundation course.

If you want to get rid of 'em post 'em on GeekBay. I'll bet you'll get loads of takers!!! :green:

I think you can edit your post... think there's a wee clicky button down on the right hand side of the post when you read it.

Don't worry about not liking something tho. It's horses for courses, really. Some peeps swear by things, some peeps can't stand 'em! :green:

Ive heard similar stories my self about creative enamels.

IMO OPI are the best at drying quickly,the consistency is lovely,the pro wide brush goes lovely on as you push down on to the nail,and if used with rapidry top coat the client can easily walk out the door with no smudges,if they are in a rush:)
hth

Just wondered what everyone thinks of these nail polishes, the last nail tech left loads when she left and I hate them, I find them difficult to put on and they dry so slowley, Wish I could get rid of them all.:mad:

:confused: whats the question again ???

you have lots of Creative Nail Design enamels and don't like them.....if your mind is made up that you don't like them then whats the point in asking us what we think..??.....You wish you could get rid of them....then do so.

I personally like Creative enamels and don't find them any slower to dry than any other enamel...however this can be helped with the use of Solar Spray (also Creative) and a fast drying top coat.....together with the right application methods. HTH

You wish you could get rid of them....then do so.

Wot can I say - I'll take 'em! I love Creative polishes!!! :green:

I put Red Baroness on my toes about 4 weeks ago and they're only *just* starting to chip!!!

PHP:
you have lots of Creative Nail Design enamels and don't like them.....if your mind is made up that you don't like them then whats the point in asking us what we think..??.....You wish you could get rid of them....then do so.

That sounded abit abrupt. The reason I asked the question is that maybe the polishes are old or something or a bad batch or even my application is wrong - so I thought I would see what other people think of them. You dont know until you ask and I thought that was what this forum was for (asking for each others opinions). By the way I have the creative solar spray and use it alot.

I used to love creative enamels which is why I choose them for use in the salon but I admit Im not so keen as I once was.

When I use the solar speed spray they are always touch dry pretty quickly but If I use ridgefiller which I have to use on lots of clients as everyone seems to have ridged nails then thats when the problems start, it really does take an age to dry and if i don't use ridgefiller with the light colours they look streaky and messy.

I do find that Creative lasts longer on fingers than most of the other brands ive used and they don't peel at all.

Overall im no longer a fan partly due to the stock problems, can you believe ive not got a polish rack and ive been waiting for one since the beginning of the year !!!

I might open a couple of the newer ones and see if they are any better

That sounded abit abrupt. The reason I asked the question is that maybe the polishes are old or something or a bad batch or even my application is wrong - so I thought I would see what other people think of them. You dont know until you ask and I thought that was what this forum was for (asking for each others opinions). By the way I have the creative solar spray and use it alot.

sorry it wasn't meant to sound abrupt...its just that you have started a thread asking what we think about Creative nails enamels when you have already stated that you hate them...so what difference would it make to them get 10+ replies saying we love them ???

Had you asked about application, drying process or shelf life then you would have got a better answer. sorry

I have used Creative varnishes for about 6 years and never had a problem.

As you have had a break for such a long time, maybe it is your technique.

There are quite a few tutorials on here, one particularly about Precision Polishing. It might help.

It would be a shame when you are just starting out again to have to replace a huge value of stock when a little bit of tweaking might be all you need.

If you have old stock, you can hardly slate the polishes and who else would want them?

I use Creative enamels exclusively ... They go on very easily and I think they dry quickly, fantastic finish, have a wonderful brush, wonderful colours etc etc. I've used them for 15 years and had very few problems at all. They are one of the largest selling polish lines in the UK so I think it would be fair to say that you are damaging the reputation of a great line of enamels because you are making a judgement and sharing it with the world on what is very old stock! Hardly fair is it? It certainly is not new stock or the enamels would not be like this. The previous owner could have kept them in her car or in poor conditions ... you just don't know. So I would not make sweeping comments until you do.

Maybe had you been more tactful and simply asked the question ... I have these enamels and they are like this, should they be this way etc. you would not receive abrupt answers. Speak as you would be spoken to I say!

I love Creative enamels and recommend them to all trainees. I would suggest that you discard polishes that you think is old and not applying properly. The previous could have had them exposed or kept i the wrong conditions. I dont agree with ebay as why sell on polishes that you think are unusable to someone else?
I have never had any problems and as creative is thixotropic bottles I've had for years still go on like a dream. Remember - thin coats, allow to dry in between and a blast of speed spray.

Oh and how mad is it that I also have Red Baroness on my toes :D - havent worn it since christmas!!!

so I think it would be fair to say that you are damaging the reputation of a great line of enamels because you are making a judgement and sharing it with the world on what is very old stock

I dont think I am damaging the reputation - I did say "I hate them and that I find them difficult to use" I never said that they were rubbish on a whole. Plus I never suggested selling them! I take your comments on board and I will be alot more diplomatic if I decide to post again I didnt realise people could be so touchy about such things - so I do apologise whole heartedly.

Anyway for those you came back to me with constructive remarks I really appreciate it. How old is classed as old for nail polish? I know the polishes have just been kept in the salon and not in a car or anything. The salon has only been opened a year so the polishes can only be a year old. As for drying time I will try and reduce how much I put on - I didnt think i was putting it on too thickly as I used to pride myself on how I applied polish (always did a good job).

How old is classed as old for nail polish? I know the polishes have just been kept in the salon and not in a car or anything. The salon has only been opened a year so the polishes can only be a year old.

Some of my Creative enamels are over 2 years old and are as thin as the day I bought them...... If the enamels you have are only a year old and have been kept in good condition then I don't think they should have spoiled by now.....

Thanks for your reply Vetty - I didnt think they got ruined that quickly. I might open some of the ones for retail and see what they are like.

Latest posts

Back