Creative Nail Tech needs help getting started?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieClaire

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm totally new to this site (btw, it's really helpful!). I'm about to qualify as Creative Nail Tech L & P but need some help/advice.
I'm located in South Wales and desperately looking for opportunities to get started, ie. job or space/table to rent. I'm fairly new to the area so don't have a great deal of contacts. Does anyone know of anyone looking to rent space or looking for a nail tech? Or where to look...I've looked everywhere I can possibly think of and more but....nada!!!! :eek:

Also, what do you think is better...renting space, being employed or working from home/mobile?

Sorry about all the questions but am really stuck! I'd appreciate anyone giving me some tips here - thank you!

Laurie Claire

If you're only just about to qualify in L&P and nothing else, I really don't think you are ready to rent or do mobile work alone. You really haven't done enough yet to work on paying clients alone.

I may wrong in what you have trained in but your profile doesn't say any more. My recommendation is at least take a manicure course and look for a job as a junior in a salon. Trying to start a business with fussy clients who pay for your services will be very very hard with only 1 nail skill and no experience.

I'm not being harsh, just giving you good advice, as you asked!

Hi Jules (Tiger Jay),

Thanks for the link and advice! I have already written off to as many salons as I can find in the area with my CV etc also so let's watch this space I guess!

Laurie

Hi Marian (Mum),

I appreciate the advice, whether it's harsh or not - hence the reason I posted the questions on here!!!

I do think I need to start off in a salon but just wanted some advice from more experienced technicians, so thank you! I'm jut struggling to find work in the area. I've written off to loads of salons so fingers crossed!

Laurie

hi laurie claire, i just wondered how you found the creative course? im thinking about doing it too. how long did ur course last?xoxox

you will make your self more salable if you have more skills to offer, mum is allways right !! Make sure you look for a reputable salon who will nurture you and take advantage !!
Hi Marian (Mum),

I appreciate the advice, whether it's harsh or not - hence the reason I posted the questions on here!!!

I do think I need to start off in a salon but just wanted some advice from more experienced technicians, so thank you! I'm jut struggling to find work in the area. I've written off to loads of salons so fingers crossed!

Laurie

Hi Aimee83,

The only Creative Academy in the UK is in Essex (that's where I'm from). If you want to contact them, the number is 0208 7877 040. There are loads of dates usually starting every two weeks. The course costs £495 plus VAT. There are loads of hidden costs as well to be aware of - you'll need much more than just the 495 plus VAT.
The courses are three days together, then two weeks later another day and then about three weeks later your final day.

I hope this helps!

Laurie

Hi Caroline (Absolutely Fab),

Thanks for the advice - I am trying my best to find work in a good salon at the moment. Will follow up letters and CV with calls soon...watch this space I guess!

Laurie

Hi Aimee83,

The only Creative Academy in the UK is in Essex (that's where I'm from). If you want to contact them, the number is 0208 7877 040. There are loads of dates usually starting every two weeks. The course costs £495 plus VAT. There are loads of hidden costs as well to be aware of - you'll need much more than just the 495 plus VAT.
The courses are three days together, then two weeks later another day and then about three weeks later your final day.

I hope this helps!

Laurie

This isn't true,there are lot's of Creative Nail design Academys up and down the country,they will advise you of which one is most suitable (close) when you give them a call

Becki,

The Hyperion Group (who used to run all the academies) have gone in to liquidation and the Essex Academy is the only one left as it wasn't part of the Hyperion Group - they're independant.

Thanks.

Laurie

Becki,

The Hyperion Group (who used to run all the academies) have gone in to liquidation and the Essex Academy is the only one left as it wasn't part of the Hyperion Group - they're independant.

Thanks.

Laurie

I do all my Creative training with Pamela Rohlf (Creative Ambassador) at Nailtalk - Creative Maidenhead Academy. Nailtalk wasn't part of the Hyperion Group to my knowledge. I believe they are therefore still in business, although I haven't actually got any training booked at the moment

Manchester is also up and running hth's

As i said,best to give them a call and they will give the most accurate and up to date info hth's :D

Does this mean that the Plymouth academy has gone???!!!!

As you say Becki best to give them a call, however, the main office number no longer exists if you try calling it. It is the main Hyperion Group number (starting 0113 I think?) and they have gone into Liquidation. If you have a contact number for another academy in the north it may be a help to Aimee83?

PeepPaws,

I'm not sure of all the academies around the country but I was informed by my academy in essex that all the others had ceased trading as the Hyperion Group ran them and they had gone into Liquidation. Maybe an idea to call them? I'm sorry I don't have their number but the Essex Academy's number is 0208 7877 040 if it's any help?

Thanks,

Laurie

Latest posts

Back