Creative Nail Training v Billy no-mates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Reaction score
I'm now considering doing the creative nail training as everyone seems to be raving about it as being the best in the land, but one thing puts me off and i know this will make me sound like a complete and utter Billy no-mates, but it says in the information for the course that you have to provide a model for two days to practice on... and, urm, unfortunately i haven't got anyone that will be able to spare two days to sit and have their nails done. is it just me, or does any one else have this embarrassing problem?

Jay
xx

I had the same problem when i did my training with star nails cause the course wasn't close to me either and it would have meant someone taking a full day off work i took my mum who is a diabetic and had to remove the extentions when i got home the same day

:suprised: ..and my husband refuses to come with me for the two days, can't think why!

Jay

I had the same problem! I managed to convince my mum to come with me in the end but she is really 'anti-nail extensions' and it was like daggers when the Educator used her as a model and filed down her already lovely long natural nails. She was not impressed and believe me I am still paying for it to this day! Even though her nails have grown back...!
It was also really annoying because just from sitting in the classroom for a few hours my mum thought she was the best technician since sliced bread and was telling me how I should be doing my smile lines!!!!

You not alone hun..why not post for a model on here, lot us of do the same...hope this helps and chin up

Hi,

I just signed up for the Foundation Course in Glasgow on the 19th, 20th and 21st September then 4th October.

I was worrying about taking a model too and where I work (not related to nails) a workmate comes from Glasgow and she said she'd ask her sister or niece to be my model. So it's worked out fine for me but initially I was totally worried about getting a model.

I did first think I'd put a notice up at the local cottage hospital and see if someone would be my model.

Best of luck in finding someone!

I had a similar problem as I had recently finished at my full time job after 15 years and all my mates were still working there doing their 9-5's :|

When I spoke to the Education team at Leeds, they weren't particularly helpful or sympathetic when I said I was having problems getting a model, but when I went to the Acadamy I trained at they were fab about it. They suggested I shared a model or if I'd given them a call they might have been able to help find one for me.

Try ringing whichever Acadamy you are going to and they may have a list of people who are willing to help out :green:

Maybe someone on here may know someone in your area??

HTH

Tina

Jay said:
I'm now considering doing the creative nail training as everyone seems to be raving about it as being the best in the land, but one thing puts me off and i know this will make me sound like a complete and utter Billy no-mates, but it says in the information for the course that you have to provide a model for two days to practice on... and, urm, unfortunately i haven't got anyone that will be able to spare two days to sit and have their nails done. is it just me, or does any one else have this embarrassing problem?

Jay
xx
are you going to Milton Keynes.
I did my training there and i'm only about 30 minutes away and will HAPPILY BE YOUR MODEL if you let me know dates and times. just love anything to do with nails and it'll be a good excuse to visit the OSNS!
let me know - you can pm me the details

Trinity Nails said:
When I spoke to the Education team at Leeds, they weren't particularly helpful or sympathetic when I said I was having problems getting a model, but when I went to the Acadamy I trained at they were fab about it. They suggested I shared a model or if I'd given them a call they might have been able to help find one for me.

Try ringing whichever Acadamy you are going to and they may have a list of people who are willing to help out :green:

Maybe someone on here may know someone in your area??

HTH

Tina
thats a great piece of advice as i want to do some more training but its going to mean me staying in a hotel as its over 3 hours away from me and would mean me having to pay for someone else to saty as well
thanks

I took my mum as my model and she was a complete nightmare. Jane Cook even awarded the naughtiest model award on our last day. Bless her shes one of those that knows everything even though shes never been on the course herself. But it has stood me in good stead as all my other clients are a breeze.

I'm a Star said:
thats a great piece of advice as i want to do some more training but its going to mean me staying in a hotel as its over 3 hours away from me and would mean me having to pay for someone else to saty as well
thanks
If you ask on here for a model from the area you`re doing your course in then you won`t have to pay for them to stay in a hotel too. I`m sure someone can help you out, good luck

I had my assessment day on the 26th August, fortunately for me, like most people, my mum is always to hand when I need her.

When it came to the assessment day, my mum was there for me but one of the other ladies didn't have her model as she was on holiday, so my mum ended up sat there between two desks pushed together with a hand on each so we could both use one, I wish I had a picture you'd laugh your socks off.

Hope you get sorted :)

Debs said:
If you ask on here for a model from the area you`re doing your course in then you won`t have to pay for them to stay in a hotel too. I`m sure someone can help you out, good luck

i have already posted saying i'd be more than happy to be a guinea pig - so please get in touch if you want me! Not far from MK if that is where you are training so only about 30 mins drive and a good opportunity to stock up at the OSNS

Tickled Pink! said:
i have already posted saying i'd be more than happy to be a guinea pig - so please get in touch if you want me! Not far from MK if that is where you are training so only about 30 mins drive and a good opportunity to stock up at the OSNS
Lol, now Dianne, you're starting to sound a bit desperate!!!

Carole Lindsay said:
Lol, now Dianne, you're starting to sound a bit desperate!!!

i must be a nobby-no-mates!!!
Any excuse to get to that OSNS

Hi,
I had the same thought for when I do the training next year, but I had a call the other day from a lady wanting a facial and brazillian and we got on the subject of nail and it turns it she is already a qualified Creative Nail Tech but cant do her own nails, she used to work in a salon but has just had a baby and she offered to be my model, which was handy cos I was wondering who I could get to take days off, but I I think I would have put a post on here if I could not have got a model and seen if someone would have helped me out. I know what you mean though its not that you've got no mates but most people work and can't afford the time off work.

If Diane can't do the date you've booked, i might be able to help!

I'm in MK so round the corner and sorry to say this Diane (lol) i need an excuse sometimes not to go to the OSNS (well my bank account wants one!)

Let me know if you need me & Diane let me know when your going OSNS and i'll try and pop up and say hello! Always nice to meet geeks!

Taz
x

will do taz - would be great to meet...for a lil old shop & coffee!

Tickled Pink! said:
will do taz - would be great to meet...for a lil old shop & coffee!
My hubby would be really amazed if i went to the shop and spent less than £50.............

I'm a Star said:
thanks
I booked my Travellodge room for the Excel weekend on the net, & it cost 25 pounds for the night for up to 4 people. Just thought this may be an answer if you decide to take someone with you.

Latest posts

Back