Creative or OPI polishes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
Ok so at the moment i just use No 7 polish for my manicures but i want to use more professional varnish for when i start my nail course.
Anyway was looking at using OPI but have just been looking at the ellisons catalogue and came across the creative range, and i must say the price is very tempting!
So which would you reccomend for a good all round polish. Creative or OPI? :confused:

OPI.Unsurpassable.Quality.Smooth.A good "belly" of a bottle to hold while painting.

These are the words to describe OPI.

Cant comment on creative as never used thier enamels..hth

I have used both..was expecting something special with opi but wasnt that blown away..so creative gets my vote, esp for thier range of burgundies..opi's brush wasnt that comfy to hold either IMO.

I use both but Creative is my favourite.

I personally find the bottle easier to hold, I think the brush is better and it has the best coverage. HTH

I bought OPI for when I was at college and to be totally honest I didn't rate them. The main problem I had was with their white (for doing French) would literally peel off after just a day, and I wasn't the only person who had this problem either.

I now use Creative..for everything!! :lol:

I use both ....But I'd say I prefer OPI hands down.....love the way the bottle is ....and great coverage in two coats.....

OPI - but I haven't used Creative so can't compare them.

As I trained from scratch with OPI I found them so easy to hold and use, plus their pro-wide brush is brill for getting a nice paint job done!

I use both but OPI is my favourite

This is difficult as I have only tried a couple of OPI polish one I loved & one I hated !

I have more experience with Creative but I don't get on very well with the light colours they always seem to go streaky when I apply them, not sure why this is ? But they do last forever, hardly ever go gloopy and when I do my toes the polish NEVER chips it only needs to be changed after it starts to grow out.

For french polish I like the Jessica range as the brush is perfect imo for application, I also used to love Revlon but Im not sure if this is a professional range anymore (if ever it was what we used at college)

:confused: maybe i will order a couple of each to try, such a hard thing to decide on. Thanks all.

I love the Creative range of enamel they are lovely to apply and last forever :)

OPI polishes for me. Although I must admit im not a fan of OPI's base or top coats. I use creatives stickey and super shiney.

I have both myself and find some colours of each will be better than others.

It does depend on the size of the brush you are used to, the length of the brush, as i found out when i first started to use Orly, they used to have very long bristles on theirs and it could be tricky to control if you wasn't used to it.

I think it is very much personal preference when it comes to polishes. Try a few and go from there.

OPI polishes for me. Although I must admit im not a fan of OPI's base or top coats. I use creatives stickey and super shiney.

here here

I have Way too many polishes (like everything else) - I use Opi, Creative, Zoya & China Glaze. To me the OPI seems to "thicken-up" faster but I do love all the colors :hug:

I have used both. OPI is my choice

i personally love opi lacquers, i use them at the moment in my place of work. They have excellent coverage and have recently brought out a "pro-wide brush" making application easier. I also find them very smooth and they retain their glossiness. For anyone not a fan of opi's top and basecoat, then try start to finish, it has a much thinner texture and works as a three in one, top coat, base coat and mild strengthener.
hope this is of help.

kates

Thank you all for your imput!

I have Orly and OPI, but I find some of the OPI ones rather thin

For me its Creative, a fabulous choice of colours, they go on a dream, the brush is great as is the size of the bottle.
I havent used OPI so cant comment on their polishes! xx

Latest posts

Back