Creative or OPI

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thompson1

Reaction score
Hi guys

We are part of a franchise group and used creative, however when hyprion whent bust we lost all support, training and help etc. We have now been told to use any supplier and wondered... If you were us would you stay with creative or change to OPI?

I would stay with what I knew, If you ring Sweet Squared (The new Creative distributors) they will answer any questions you may have.

I am still with Creative (Sweet Squared) and very happy x

Stay with Creative hun, it is better than ever now the Sweets are running things 0845 2106060 hth

For those of you that have used both opi and creative acrylic systems, do you find one or the other has mor tendency to lift?

For those of you that have used both opi and creative acrylic systems, do you find one or the other has mor tendency to lift?

I have never used OPI but never have lifting becuase my PREP RULES!!:)

I'd go to Sweet Squared, they offer brilliant support and help.:)

I have never used OPI but never have lifting becuase my PREP RULES!!

Well I use OPI, used a little Creative in school, and I have lifting within a few days about 75% of the time, even on myself. I dont offer nail services anymore because of it. But to be honest, I dont understand what Im doing wrong. I feel Im very thorough with prep...I just dont understand.

Well I use OPI, used a little Creative in school, and I have lifting within a few days about 75% of the time, even on myself. I dont offer nail services anymore because of it. But to be honest, I dont understand what Im doing wrong. I feel Im very thorough with prep...I just dont understand.

what is your prep routine....?

Well I was taught to

push back cuticles, if excess cuticle is present apply cuticle remover
wash hands only if cuticle romover was used
buff out shine
lighly etch surface
dehydrate nail
apply tip & blend
wipe nail with NAS99(OPI) or alcohol
dehydrate
prime natural nail

I personally don't think Hyperion going bust was a Creative problem. I think it was a Hyperion problem which distributed Creative products. If you love the Creative products then why change? Contact Sweet Squared and stay with what you know.

I am only familiar with the OPI polishes which are lovely but I have recently tried Creative polish too and they are also gorgeous.

hi how do i get in touch with sweet squared as i'd like to o a conversion course with them. i do currently use creative acrylics and gels and think there fab
with regards beth.x.

0845 210 6060 this is the phone number for Sweet Squared

I would think that unless you were having any particular problems with Creative, there wouldn't be much reason to switch.

If it's curiosity thats urging you to change, you could always try a few sample items from OPI and see if they are to your liking. This might be a bit more trouble than it's worth though as you would take a while to get used to it.

By all means though, always keep an eye on what all the companies are coming out with and try anything that you think might be worth making a change. It's good to be curious, even if all it does it strengthen your knowledge that you are already using the best system.

:hug:

Maybe you could book a 121? When I started using a buff off gel and had lifting, I had a 121. She immediately spotted what I was doing wrong (too thin application). What a relief that was and I never would have figured that out on my own.

I'm having the same problem.. I use the Clarite from OPI. When i do tips, it doesn't seem to life as badly around the cuticle compared to when I use forms. I do prep as instructed and I dont want to start using primer as a crutch.

I'd stick with Creative.

We use opi at school and it always lifts - even when the opi rep did our nails as a demo!

I love Creative!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back