Creative Play price compared to Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

Can someone give me an idea on how to price Creative Play Gel compared to Shellac? Yes they're cheaper to buy but the removal time is a lot longer and as I include the removal in the price if they're having them done again I don't know whether to just charge the same?

Also, how have people found the wear with Creative play gel? Has anyone found it lasts longer than Shellac?

Thanks
Jenna

I was looking at taking on some CP alongside my shellac but decided against as it contains HEMA when you look at the data sheets.
I've added Lecente Create to my stock instead as no HEMA (except rainbow colours which are still less than 12%).
I've priced Create at £2 more than shellac to take into account the extra removal time (and they should in theory get longer wear out of it)

Sorry I can't comment on actual CP performance as I never got as far as purchasing.

Hi, thanks for that! Had no idea! Do you use lecente with your CND lamp? Can't face buying a new lamp!

I use a lot of creative play, i charge the same as Shellac. I much prefer creative play, i think it lasts longer than Shellac. The range needs a few more colours adding. I love the light grey but i want a dark grey!

Hi, thanks for that! Had no idea! Do you use lecente with your CND lamp? Can't face buying a new lamp!

Yes, you can use your CND lamp with Lecente Create products - you just cure everything on button No. 3 like a top coat. It's been tested and confirms a full cure. Their data sheets states this as well.

I actually bought the lecente light as it was on a very reduced price with a start up pack. The bottom comes off for doing feet which is very handy.
I have all the colours released.The rainbow colours are lovely and have been very popular. They are like glitter and chrome all mixed in - Twilight is the most requested - looks very wow!
The stickiness of the plain colours is a bit inconsistent when applying glitter (not like shellac where you can just press it on and get full cover immediately) so what you do is apply:
  1. base coat x1 & cure
  2. colour x1 & cure
  3. base coat x 1 & cure
  4. apply glitter as desired
  5. top coat & cure
This then gives a reliable and consistent result.
I haven't tried foils yet.

How long do your clients usually get out of their Lecente gel polish in comparison with the Shellac? X

How long do your clients usually get out of their Lecente gel polish in comparison with the Shellac? X

Clients have either had the same or better longevity with Create compared to Shellac. No one has been worse.
Of course it’s a difficult one to compare as you never know what these clients get up to in between appointments!

I use Smooth It under most of my shellac applications so I think this evens up the longevity question.

I like the Create top coat as it is non porous so suits some people’s lifestyle, however more effort to get off.

Some of my clients are switching between the two systems depending on what colour or art they want.

Latest posts

Back